Chael Sonnen: Jose Aldo To Lose Over $3.5 Million If He Pulls Out Of Conor McGregor Fight At UFC 189

3

While the status of the highly anticipated Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor grudge match for the UFC Featherweight Championship is still up in the air due to Aldo’s injured ribs, former UFC title contender Chael Sonnen says there’s plenty of reasons — 3.5 million to be exact — why Aldo should think long and hard before making his decision.

The American Gangster took to social media to write about the controversy surrounding the scheduled UFC 189 main event, which is scheduled to air live on pay-per-view on Saturday, July 11, 2015, pointing out the fact that Aldo, due to being involved in what has become a “super fight” due to the brash antics of the king of showman — “The Notorious” Conor McGregor — stands to lose 3.5 million dollars in pay-per-view bonus revenue if the fight does not come off as scheduled.

“Aldo hurt his rib, that we know. Is he out? We can only speculate, but why not. Speculation is fun,” Sonnen said via his official Facebook account.

“Aldo is in on the PPV. He he gets a cut as long as he meets predetermined thresholds. The bad news for Aldo is that he has never met even the minimum threshold and thus has never gotten to participate in a back end bonus. This fight will generate a million buys which would convert to a bonus of roughly 3.5 million dollars. So, hurt or not — will he make the walk?”

Of course, even if Aldo is willing to “man up” and take the challenge of defending his title with a potential severe injury, there is always the possibility that he won’t be allowed to — even if he wants to, a point that the West Linn native points out as well.

“When your injury reports surface on the web, it may not be an issue of Aldo being tough and gutting it out, it may be one an issue of the Commision stepping in and saying ‘no go’,” Sonnen wrote. “Whoever within his team leaked the training room information to the media, may have just cost Aldo 3.5 million dollars.”

UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor is scheduled for Saturday, July 11, 2015 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, airing live on pay-per-view. As reported earlier this week, if Aldo is unable to compete, former two-time title contender Chad Mendes will step in to fight McGregor for an interim UFC Featherweight Championship in the new main event of the pay-per-view.


BRAND NEW PHOTO GALLERY: Ronda Rousey In Skimpy Bikinis & Tight Outfits


OTHER MMANEWS.COM PHOTO GALLERIES:

Miesha Tate Nude Photos Leak Online
Ronda Rousey Says Nude Photos Of Herself May Soon Leak Online
Photos: Huge Gallery Of Ronda Rousey In Skimpy Bikinis & Tight Outfits
Photos: UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste’s Brand New Playboy Photo Shoot
Photos: Ronda Rousey In Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue
Photos: Unbelievably Hot Super-Model Photos Of UFC’s Paige VanZant
Photo: Miesha Tate On Cover Of ‘Fitness Gurls Magazine’ In Hot Bikini
Photos: Ronda Rousey’s Brazilian Bikini Photo Shoot
Photo: TUF 18 Champion Julianna Pena Posts Incredibly Risque Photo Online
Photos: TUF 20’s Angela Magana Releases Series Of Very Explicit Photos
Photos: Smoking Hot Pics Of UFC’s Two Newest Octagon Girls
Photos: Sexy Pics Of UFC’s Third Newest Octagon Girl
Photos: CM Punk’s First Official UFC Fighter Portraits Shoot

LATEST NEWS

video

Grandson of Infamous Mafia Boss John Gotti Fights on FloCombat Tonight

John Gotti fights for the vacant welterweight title against Anthony Wolter in Triton Fight's main event at FloCombat The fighter's grandfather was the head of...

GSP, Nick Diaz and Demian Maia All on Tyron Woodley’s Radar

Tyron Woodley eyes all three as future opponents but recognises that he must first beat Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson before he can "prove" that he is...
Tito Ortiz Chael Sonnen

Tito Ortiz Takes to Twitter in Response to Chael Sonnen’s ‘Verbal Tap’ Claims

Following provocative comments made by Chael Sonnen on the recent episode of You're Welcome! Tito Ortiz has a message for his former opponent Sonnen is...

Chael Sonnen Claims Tito Ortiz ‘Verbally Tapped’ at Bellator 170

Chael Sonnen made the claims regarding Ortiz's supposed "verbal" tapping on the most recent episode of his You're Welcome! podcast The "American Gangster" also discussed...

“Innocent Until Proven Guilty” Frank Mir Could Exit UFC for Bellator

Frank Mir is a former heavyweight champion who first fought under the UFC banner in 2001, but sees his future outside of the promotion Mir...