Originally Posted by The Donosaur
You pretty much summed up everything I hate about sports fans in a couple of sentences.
1. Why in the fuck do you think that Hendricks needs to only think about Ellenberger?!?!?! Is that how life works in your mind? That if something important is going on in your life, it is all you can think about? That is incredibly obsessive, and not at all healthy. Do you expect Hendricks to be sitting at home after training, staring angrily at a poster of Jake Ellenberger, absolutely fucking refusing to answer his wife about what he wants for dinner because he just can't fucking think about anything besides punching Jake fucking Ellenberger in his face. Is that how you live when you have something important going on in your life, one focus with no time for an opinion on anything else?!?! If yes then please seek help, but if no then you are being a hypocritical douche.
2. The hype train?!?! Who the fuck is hyping Hendricks? It sure as fuck isn't the UFC or most fans. The UFC is flat out holding the guy down at this point, and alot of fans (the ones who actually know who he is because of his lack of hype) call him a cry baby if he points out that he is getting screwed. If Hendricks keeps fighting top contenders, he will eventually lose, but that mean he was all hype, it means that he is human. The window to be at the top of a sport is very small, which is why it's bullshit when the most deserving guy keeps getting passed over.
3. How is he a fool when all he is doing is the exact same thing that Diaz did? Fuck Diaz is coming off a loss and a suspension, and it worked for him. If it worked for a guy who had those bad circumstances surrounding him and who isn't particularly intelligent then it should definitely work for a guy with solid credentials.
1) When you have a fight, you focus on that fight. How many times have we seen a fighter not having his FULL attention on the current fight and end up getting beat...if your memory isnt that great it happened this past weekend with Overeem. You are just blowing things out of proportion.
2) Yes the hype train, you know that one where after 2 KO's you are all of a sudden the greatest thing ever (or at least in his mind) and people are suppose to forget about the Story loss and the brutal decisions that were Kos and Pierce.
3) He is a fool for thinking he deserves anything. You deserve only what the UFC will give you. If you think you are the best it shouldnt matter who they give you because if you really are the best you will beat them. It doesnt matter if its Ellenberger/Condit/Diaz or the Champ himself GSP. Hendricks should shut his mouth and do his job, which at this time is fighting Jake Ellenberger, not GSP