Originally Posted by doublea
Who are the top 3 to 5 contenders for the title, and why?
1. Mike Swick – 3 very impressive first round wins, 1 KO and 2 Chokes (not against top contenders)
2. Nate Marquardt – 2 wins via decision, both against very respectable fighters.
3. Jeremy Horn – 2 wins in the Middleweight Division, 1 Decision and 1 Submission via Arm Bar (not against top contenders).
4. Anderson Silva – 1 very impressive first round win via KO against a guy who (most said before the fight) has a cinder block for a chin.
5. David Terrell – 1 fight back in the UFC, 1 first round win via choke against a fighter with a respectable MMA record.
This list doesn’t say Swick is better than anyone below him or that Anderson Silva is the 4th best fighter on this list, it simply states who I think are the top 5 contenders and why.
Let me say this again HORN HAS LEFT THE UFC.