Originally Posted by The Natural994
Now how the hell is Greg Jones not on that list??
* One of 39 3-time NCAA champions
* One of 20 wrestlers to win titles at two different weights
* One of 10 wrestlers to win a national title as a freshman
* 126-4 career record
* Those 4 losses were to Otto Olson of Michigan(9-8), Ralph Everett(3-2 t.b.) and Rashad Evans (3-2). The fourth loss was a forfeit.
* West Virginia's all-time wins leader
* Undefeated his junior and senior years
* Ended career with a 51-match win streak
* 4-time Eastern Wrestling League (EWL) champion
* First EWL wrestler to be named Most Outstanding Wrestler at the NCAA tournament
* Was taken down just ten times in his career
* Outscored opponents 298-82 his senior year
* Voted 2004 West Virginia Amateur Athlete of the Year
* 17-2 record in 4 NCAA tournaments
* Member of the Eastern Wrestling League and NWCA All-Academic Teams
Greg Jones is great (and I am not defending the list- especially since I didn't compile it) but he is more famous to the people who haven't been following wrestling for the past 20 years or to people who don't follow college wrestling at all. He is great but not the best of all time. If he would have at least placed his freshman year at nationals then I would say he should be up there, but one out of 39 doesn't mean his in the top five ever.