The new rep system seems to be pretty good. I like it alot.
- I'm not vet. I don't think I've been on a year yet, but since I came on, this forum has seemingly tripled in number of active posters (not just members). That makes it hard for the "I'm only on an hour every night" guy to really get into things. I mean a thread now adays can pick up 30-40 posts in an hour, and reading through all that stuff in order to post a thought thats not already out there takes way too much time.
- It seems that 75% of all new posts are just articles or blogs from other sites. And how many different articles about Anderson Silva can you really read in a week? It seems that many of the original threads are dissappearing, or when someone actually has a good original thread started it gets highjacked and twisted into alternative discussions, so that if you read the last post before the first post, its like reading 2 different threads. (example: Can Sherk hang w/ BJ Penn? turns into GSP>Fedor)
- I don't think guys are neg rep'd enough by the veterans here. One thing I went through when I came on is that I would get slammed if I post a one or two word response. Or if what i said didn't make sense. That's not happening anymore.
- And in the end, I think some of the issues that are making, not just this forum, but all forums, stale is MMA right now. Pride is dead and that kills 50% of all of the debate that was going on in the past. Title fights have become predictable. We know that if 4 months from now a guy wins that fight he'll get a title shot in 5 more months. Its hard to talk about a fight for 9 months and still have it be fresh when it actually happens.
- I don't care what has happened. I have purposely avoided the threads and topics about it, but alot of the guys that have been the glue here are either on less or have just aren't the same as they used to be. For whatever reasons, guys like Noob, Afro, Palma, Dork, Smoogy, Triangle, Legend, and whole bunch more aren't as visible (as in threads or posts or flames or whatever) anymore.
That's my opinion. But I'm also of the opinion that eventually people run out of shit to say and have to take a break for a while, or go someplace new to say it all over again. I mean damn, how many more times do you guys want to hear me give Jake Shields' resume out?
CAUTION: This poster is prone to outbursts of unthinkable obscenities. If you encounter one of these incredible tirades, please do not provoke him further. This poster has been known to place himself, and his foes in a position to be banned. The best way to avoid such incidents would be to avoid stating anything negative about Jake Shields.