While I'm a seriously huge GSP fan I'm going to put some water on this flame and critique this article.
1. GSP's skills and his very evident desire to get better in all areas is phenomenal but realistically it's really only about how he employs or shows off those skills.
Also many people overstate his potential for wrestling in the Olympics. His wrestling is so good in MMA because his opponents have to respect his entire skillset not just his wrestling. In the Olympics he doesn't have that unpredictability. Plus qualifying for the Canadian Olympic team would be a very difficult for GSP based on a few factors. The system the Canadian Olympic wrestling team is decided by strongly favors the current Canadian #1. The weight he would have to wrestle in is not idealized the way 170 is for him in MMA. The guy he would probably have to beat in the trials is very very very good, out of GSP's league wrestling wise.
2. Cannot argue his vanquished opponents, very few people if any have that kind of a resume.
3. I don't see how either defeating Matt Serra or the potential reasons behind his loss to Matt Serra can be argued as defence for GSP being the greatest of all time.
4. That's not his most famous quote. This is:
5. Much like skills, dedication is all nice and good but in the end the only thing we can use to determine who the GOAT is are their results and the opponents they have beat along the way.
GSP is on his way to being in the GOAT discussion but it's still a ways off. Right there's a guy in Russia who shout be talked about being the GOAT. Actually scratch that, Fedor won't care. Go talk to his legion of loyal followers, or just Pashak.