| | First fight advice
I've got my first fight coming up. Wanted some advice for that kind of situation. Let me explain me and my opponent.
This guy's 6'4 21 years old. The fight was at 185 but he couldn't make weight so it's catch weight 195. He trains at west coast jujitsu so he's probably got a decent ground game and good reach standing up and weighs more than me. It's his first fight too. That's all I know about him.
I'm 6'1 about 191 20 years old. I'm good with my hands and have natural wrestling. If there was a fighter that I mimic it's sort of like Vitor standing up. I'm explosive and hit very hard but I dont use kicks. I can pick up and throw people from just about any situation. I have really fast foot work but my cardio isn't where it should be due to a fractured rib.
Gameplan: (If anyone can give me advice I'd really appreciate it and rep you)
- To use that first fight fear factor against him. Knock the wind out of him, get off FIRST and hit him let him know he's in a fight, bloody him up.
- If I lose the stand up Im gonna clasp his waste and throw him. Going to setup that position to throw by wading in on him and making him cover up.
- The fights get stopped super early when someone is mounted and getting punched out so that's where I'm taking it if I don't clip him early.
- Avoid ALL bottom ground positions
- Fight on the inside and avoid his range.
- I'm going to play is safe and conservative at the very start but I plan on exploding sometime during the first round into a head hunting mode with 1000 haymakers at his face.