Originally Posted by Leucoethiops
My thinking was this:
- Sakara's boxing = better than Cote's.
- Cote's likes to brawl.
- Sakara's chin = Suspect (Not bad, but suspect, he's been KO'd by heavy hitters: McFederies, Leben, Stann, Alexander, that could happen to anyone.)
- Cote has a great chin, and heavy hands.
- Every time Alessio has lost by KO/TKO, it's been in the first round.
- Every single KO/TKO by Cote has been in the first round.
I bet on the stats and picked Cote by R1 TKO.
Until he started donkey konging the back of Cote's melon, Sakara's strikes looked pretty fuckin' spot on.
Id agree with this assessment. I dont hold any real blame against sakara for strikes to the back of the head.. I mark that up more towards adrenaline then any sort of bad intention. I do agree with Dana's position though, that the fight should have been ruled a no-contest over a win for Cote.
Was a great fight up to the point things got... iffy.