Official 2013 Pick Ems' Challenge 1: Strikeforce: Marquardt vs Saffiedine
View Single Post
01-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Leben 'em dead and maimed
Originally Posted by
In order to encourage people to not drop out entirely if they miss picks for an event, I was thinking about a credit system that would compensate for missed picks. Conditions would be as follows:
- Must partake in at least 80% of the year's events.
- System can be used twice per year by each person (players get 2 credits).
- Can only be used for events missed altogether.
- Missed events are compensated at the end of the year.
- Points for missed events awarded based on person's overall average
- To reward people for not missing picks, and to discourage strategic pick-skipping, players with unused credits at end of the year have their lowest 2 pick 'em scores changed to their overall average.
Thoughts? It's more fun when more people play. The system doesn't confer an advantage to anyone, I don't think; just deters people from quitting when they miss a pick and decide they can't win
Sounds good to me.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Cat--Smasher
Find all posts by Cat--Smasher