PDA

View Full Version : Gabe vs Cory

geneso
05-31-2007, 05:31 PM
anyone want to see this?

Zenshotokai
05-31-2007, 05:32 PM
This should be under the TUF thread not here...

leedogg900
05-31-2007, 05:34 PM
i could care less if fat gabe ever fights again. he showed everyone on tuf that he is all talk. he coulda made the weight by cutting some earlier. but of course he keeps at all for 1day before the fight. eating ice cream and snacking every 10minutes. if i was dana id never let him fight in pride or ufc again after that disgraceful presentation. whats the point of bringing fat gabe back anyways he would never be a legitimate contender

Palma
05-31-2007, 05:43 PM
anyone want to see this?

Gabe would win. Cory is akward for strikers but he won't be akward for BJJ practioners.

neonatural45
05-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Cory's best chance is after gabe cut 22 pounds in one day, but if gabe comes in shape he fucks corey up

Bran
05-31-2007, 06:47 PM
honestly, i don't understand all the gabe bashing. yes, he fucked up pretty severely but other fighters have done worse. how many people have tested positive for roids? tito no-shows his match against dana. lee murray pulled off the biggest heist in english history but a guy eats a few pieces of ice cream cake and suddenly he's a piece of crap. i don't get it.

leedogg900
05-31-2007, 07:35 PM
honestly, i don't understand all the gabe bashing. yes, he fucked up pretty severely but other fighters have done worse. how many people have tested positive for roids? tito no-shows his match against dana. lee murray pulled off the biggest heist in english history but a guy eats a few pieces of ice cream cake and suddenly he's a piece of crap. i don't get it.

its not about the icecream cake. he talked shit to wiman and said he wanted to fight him, disrespecting his teamate and his coaches by constatly trying to start shit. he stirred tension between the team. over and over he ensured his teamates he would make weight, even after they conftoned him about it numerous times and basically tryed everything to get him to cut it. he COULD have made the weight, it just looked like to me gabe came on the show to be on tv and not to fight. he wanted it to be the "gabe ruediger show" as someone put it. its not that he just didnt make weight, its everything he said/did that went along with it.

Gmunit
05-31-2007, 07:51 PM
its not about the icecream cake. he talked shit to wiman and said he wanted to fight him, disrespecting his teamate and his coaches by constatly trying to start shit. he stirred tension between the team. over and over he ensured his teamates he would make weight, even after they conftoned him about it numerous times and basically tryed everything to get him to cut it. he COULD have made the weight, it just looked like to me gabe came on the show to be on tv and not to fight. he wanted it to be the "gabe ruediger show" as someone put it. its not that he just didnt make weight, its everything he said/did that went along with it.

plus after the fact, he tried to give reasoning to his idiotcy (that a word?), posting on forums saying he was using the show as a marketing tool

he's a fucking marketing tool

EDIT: he would have beat Cory tho

rivethead
05-31-2007, 08:43 PM

It's not just eating a few pieces of cake.

TUF--whether it's justified or not--is a projectile, hurtling relatively unknown guys into bigger fights with better payouts. There are a ton of guys who would have given just about anything to be on that stupid show, and would have had the discipline to cut from day one. The fact that Gabe didn't do any work until the day before the fight is the issue...if he was cutting the whole time, sure, eat the cake...he'd pay for it the next day, but he'd still make weight.

I don't think the show is worthy of any respect...but it clearly gives the contestants bigger payouts, and they should take it seriously, even if I don't. I think a lot of people see Gabe's colonics as disrespectful to every fighter who would have worked their asses off--win or lose, just worked their asses off--but who didn't make the cut.

That being said, the cake doesn't take anything away from Gabe's fighting ability...the apparent mental breakdown might, but the cake isn't anything six weeks with a more disciplined camp couldn't fix. If the fight were today, Gabe would walk through Corey. Hill does seem to pick up stuff quick, though, so in a year, maybe two, different end of story.

rh

rivethead
05-31-2007, 08:45 PM

I do think Wiman would beat him cleanly.

rh

perc10
05-31-2007, 10:01 PM
I liked Gabe he never backed down yeah he was lazy but he laughed in Hill's face and also got right in there when Manny and Nate were being dicks while alot of his team sat silent so he may have blown his chances by fucking around but I liked his smart ass attitude,maybe cuz I grew up watching wrestling but I like when people fuck with other people

leedogg900
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
there is certain people i can stand being dicks, like the diaz brothers and melvin/tito and shit. but gabe just has this attitude that rubs me the wrong way. kinda like a tim sylvia or a josh koscheck. i guess i just dont like his personality.

theres just somethin about him ya know

Gurry
06-10-2007, 06:15 PM
there is certain people i can stand being dicks, like the diaz brothers and melvin/tito and shit. but gabe just has this attitude that rubs me the wrong way. kinda like a tim sylvia or a josh koscheck. i guess i just dont like his personality.

Josh Koschek and Tim Sylvia are the poster boys

TriangleChoke
06-10-2007, 08:09 PM

just look at the guy, bro! if i saw that kid on the street and had no idea he was a professional fighter, i would assume I could kick that little bitch's ass if he attacked me. Gabe Rudeiger (sp?) comes off as a little bitch...remember in the first few episoes when he and Wiman were constantly having words?

It was Gabe being a bitch the whole time man, not Wiman..When Wiman was talking with BJ about the fued between him and Gabe, Gabe walks in and Wiman says, "Sit down and talk to me, man" or something like that..Gabe responds with "Don't tell me what to do.."

what a little prick. If anyone has the fight with gabe and hermes franca PLEASE let me know because i just feel like watching gabe get beat the fuck up

Thaistylist
06-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Keep in mind that the show is edited and the producers do have ways of coexing people to do or say things. I did like Gabe and thought he would win it all and his failure to make weight let me down so that is why I dislike him now. Not because of his attitude but because of his lack of focus.

Destral
06-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Keep in mind that the show is edited and the producers do have ways of coexing people to do or say things. I did like Gabe and thought he would win it all and his failure to make weight let me down so that is why I dislike him now. Not because of his attitude but because of his lack of focus.

Yah, I have a hard time believing how anyone comes off on any reality show because of the editing that can be done.

However, there is no way to excuse the not making weight and his ridiculous comments after.

emceelokey
06-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Yah, I have a hard time believing how anyone comes off on any reality show because of the editing that can be done.

However, there is no way to excuse the not making weight and his ridiculous comments after.

Wieman actually said something about that on the show when he had the sit down with BJ and them and he said something along the lines of not playing along with Game's shit because he knew that it owuld be built as some sort of rivalry and edited like such. Wieman is was actually pretty savy with the whole tv thing.