PDA

View Full Version : Most entertaining athlete

The Man In Black
06-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Who do you think the most entertaining athlete in all of sports is?

kickass32
06-01-2007, 02:26 AM
Probably very biased here, but I would say Sydney Crosby, or possibly Alexander Ovechkin!!

Highlander
06-01-2007, 05:55 AM
I fucking hate Sydney Crosby. The guy is a fucking whineass. I say ovechkin. That goal he scroed on Phoenix a year ago is still something that I love seeing. Other entertaing athletes: Ronaldinho (Brazilian soccer team), Steve Nash (basketball), Joe Sakic (he my favourite hockey player), GSP.

Afro
06-01-2007, 06:28 AM
god I hate Ronaldinho, I think Henry, Drogba, and RONALDO are more exciting

I like Afinogenov in Hockey, even though Sundin is my fav player

Basketball.. gotta go with Kobe, Ray Allen, or Kevin Garnett

Football.. Michael Vick, Vince Young, Maurice Jones Drew, Devin Hester

Highlander
06-01-2007, 07:31 AM
god I hate Ronaldinho, I think Henry, Drogba, and RONALDO are more exciting

I like Afinogenov in Hockey, even though Sundin is my fav player

Basketball.. gotta go with Kobe, Ray Allen, or Kevin Garnett

Football.. Michael Vick, Vince Young, Maurice Jones Drew, Devin Hester

What do you have against Ronaldinho? He's a great player, humble, very skilled, and has great style. I like Ronaldo as well. I also liked Zidane and still do, regardless of the headbutt.

Afinogenov is a very skilled player, but he, like most players from eastern europe, is a puck hog, who doesn't pass as often as he should. I like Sundin, but hate the leafs. Who's your favourite team?

Afro
06-01-2007, 07:44 AM
What do you have against Ronaldinho? He's a great player, humble, very skilled, and has great style. I like Ronaldo as well. I also liked Zidane and still do, regardless of the headbutt.

Afinogenov is a very skilled player, but he, like most players from eastern europe, is a puck hog, who doesn't pass as often as he should. I like Sundin, but hate the leafs. Who's your favourite team?
Leafs lol

my problem with Ronaldinho? Overrated for one, he is very skilled but for all the hype I was disappointed to see that not one journalist mentioned his play in the World Cup, which im not saying was bad.. but he didnt live up to the hype but that was overshadowed cuz everyone would rather focus on how far Ronaldo is.

Highlander
06-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Leafs lol

my problem with Ronaldinho? Overrated for one, he is very skilled but for all the hype I was disappointed to see that not one journalist mentioned his play in the World Cup, which im not saying was bad.. but he didnt live up to the hype but that was overshadowed cuz everyone would rather focus on how far Ronaldo is.

Damn man. Are the Leafs seriously your favourite team? Why?

I don't think he's overrated, it's just that he didn't deliver at the world cup. Ronaldo did play exceptional though. Journalists probably wanted to focus on Ronaldo because he was about to break the most goals by a single player in the world cup record. Ronaldinho is a great player. Have you ever seen him play for Barcelona? Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-bWsOK-h98 Just watch until the 3:00 minute mark. Many people rank him as the best player in the world right now.

Afro
06-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Ya hes up there, but I wouldnt rank him as the #1 best

and ya Leafs have been my team for a number of years now, been to Toronto twice and love it.

Highlander
06-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Ya hes up there, but I wouldnt rank him as the #1 best

and ya Leafs have been my team for a number of years now, been to Toronto twice and love it.

Who would you rank as number 1? There's a few elite players: Kaka, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ballack, Michael Owens, Rooney, Henry, Trezeguet, Podolski, Klose, and a few more.

Why did you go to Toronto? You thinking about moving there?

Afro
06-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Who would you rank as number 1? There's a few elite players: Kaka, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ballack, Michael Owens, Rooney, Henry, Trezeguet, Podolski, Klose, and a few more.

Why did you go to Toronto? You thinking about moving there?
Henry

My parents thought about movin there, we went into I guess the city, and we got relatives that live in wow I forget the name and almost wanna say London lol excuse my ignorance.

Highlander
06-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Henry

My parents thought about movin there, we went into I guess the city, and we got relatives that live in wow I forget the name and almost wanna say London lol excuse my ignorance.

London isn't that far from Toronto. Maybe it's Barrie you're think of.

http://www.world-guides.com/images/toronto/toronto_map.jpg

Henry is good, but I wouldn't rank him at number 1. We'll agree to disagree I guess.

Afro
06-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Ya London is far I remember now, we got relatives in Hamilton cuz we stayed in Niagra Falls and drove into Toronto

Highlander
06-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Ya London is far I remember now, we got relatives in Hamilton cuz we stayed in Niagra Falls and drove into Toronto

Oh, okay. Yeah, that's really close to Toronto. The Canadian side also gives a better view of the water fall.

The Man In Black
06-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Even though hes a prick I think the most exciting player to watch with the ball in soccer is christiano ronaldo of portugal and man u. He's a crybaby but some of the shit he does with a soccer ball is incredible.

Afro
06-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Even though hes a prick I think the most exciting player to watch with the ball in soccer is christiano ronaldo of portugal and man u. He's a crybaby but some of the shit he does with a soccer ball is incredible.
gotta agree, C. Ronaldo is fun to watch despite the fact that I hate him to death and he looks like a 12 year old, Rooney is my fav player so thus I hate C. Ronaldo.

kickass32
06-01-2007, 11:59 PM

Hamilton will soon be home to the Nashville Predators, apparently Ballsillie(sp) has an agreement in place with Copps Coliseum.

Crosby is a whiner, but the boy is the best player in the game.........Sakic is awesome, he is 100% class, and a sure fire hall of famer

Mac
06-02-2007, 01:36 AM
gotta agree, C. Ronaldo is fun to watch despite the fact that I hate him to death and he looks like a 12 year old, Rooney is my fav player so thus I hate C. Ronaldo.
I was gonna say the same exact thing. Rooney's the man.

Highlander
06-02-2007, 01:42 AM

I can't believe I forgot about C. Ronaldo. The guy is exciting as hell, but he's such a pussy. I love soccer, but for me, the worse aspect of it is the diving and the players acting like they're hurt when they're most likely not. It's amazing to see a grown man whine so much even though they're all fit and in incredible shape.

valheruking
06-02-2007, 01:46 AM
I think Rooney is a very good player but i don't know i've never liked him, i really dont like Christiano Ronaldo lol you either love him or hate him Henry, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and Kaka are some of my favourites, i believe Henry is the best though.

Afro
06-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Hamilton will soon be home to the Nashville Predators, apparently Ballsillie(sp) has an agreement in place with Copps Coliseum.

Crosby is a whiner, but the boy is the best player in the game.........Sakic is awesome, he is 100% class, and a sure fire hall of famer
good I think more hockey teams should be in Canada, and I think Jagr is still the best JMO.

Highlander
06-02-2007, 02:33 AM
good I think more hockey teams should be in Canada, and I think Jagr is still the best JMO.

Damn, you're a jagr fan too!?! I don't dislike him as much as I used to, but damn.

Well, Balsillie (the guy who is buying the nashville predators) wanted to buy the penguins, but the nhl didn't want him to bring the team in Canada, so he backed out of his offer. We'll see what happens this time.

Afro
06-02-2007, 02:44 AM
not really a Jagr fan just think hes the best

im an Iginla fan really

Highlander
06-02-2007, 04:27 AM
not really a Jagr fan just think hes the best

im an Iginla fan really

I like iginla a lot as well. The guy has amazing talent and isn't afraid to drop his gloves to stick up for himself.

Are you a big nhl fan, like you go to their website, check the standings, try to find out when there is a hockey game on or are you a casual fan that just watches it whenever?

kickass32
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Damn, you're a jagr fan too!?! I don't dislike him as much as I used to, but damn.

Well, Balsillie (the guy who is buying the nashville predators) wanted to buy the penguins, but the nhl didn't want him to bring the team in Canada, so he backed out of his offer. We'll see what happens this time.

As long as Nashville averages under 14000 fans per game this year, Balsillie can move the team outta Nashville, which shouldn't be a problem, seeing as they were an elite team this year and averaged well under 14000
If by some miracle, they average over 14000, they can't be moved for 7 years.

Iginla is one of my favs too...tough as nails, and a top player as well......made in the mold of a Cam Neely or Rick Tocchet.

neonatural45
06-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Hockey- Iginla or Phanuef (biased)
Basketball- KG
Soccer- I dont know shit about soccer but id say shevchenko just because ive met him
Football- I hate vick, but right now I gotta say him

Mac
06-02-2007, 07:41 PM
If this is an all time list I'd have to say M.J. best ever! Current atheletes I'll go with Vince Young. I won't give Vick any credit for the shit he's pulling, it's just gross.

I can't believe so many people are bringing up hockey players, to me, and I know I'll get flamed for this, hockey is the most unexciting sport on the planet.

Afro
06-02-2007, 07:50 PM
If this is an all time list I'd have to say M.J. best ever! Current atheletes I'll go with Vince Young. I won't give Vick any credit for the shit he's pulling, it's just gross.

I can't believe so many people are bringing up hockey players, to me, and I know I'll get flamed for this, hockey is the most unexciting sport on the planet.
How can hockey be the most unexciting sport when Baseball is still considered a sport?

Mac
06-02-2007, 09:08 PM
How can hockey be the most unexciting sport when Baseball is still considered a sport?
It's just a personal opinion. I don't like hockey and never did. When your from St. Louis baseball is not a sport, it's a way of life.

Palma
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM

Baseball is not a sport?

NixHex
06-02-2007, 10:25 PM
NBA- Steve Nash
NFL- Chad Johnson
Football (happy world?)- Personally I like watching Kaka
NHL- Pavel Datsyuk
MMA- Shogun

That's a nice list there

Afro
06-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Baseball is not a sport?
it is a sport? :confusedsmilie:

Thaistylist
06-03-2007, 02:37 AM
How isnt baseball a sport? Its our national pasttime and one of the most difficult sports to play. Hitting a round ball with a round bat squarely is actually probably the hardest thing to do in all sports. And if you say they arent athletes that is ludicrous. Almost every pitcher runs heavily on their off days and position players need to be athletes. Also, almost every player runs below a 6.8 in the 60. Obv not some catchers but most franchises wont go after players who cant run that

Afro
06-03-2007, 02:39 AM
who the fuck said it wasnt a sport lol

Palma
06-03-2007, 02:47 AM
who the fuck said it wasnt a sport lol

uhh...

Afro
06-03-2007, 02:48 AM
uhh...
How the hell is that saying Baseball is not a sport???

Palma
06-03-2007, 03:05 AM
How the hell is that saying Baseball is not a sport???

I guess I misunderstood you. What did you mean by post then? It sounds like you don't consider baseball a sport or you consider it less of a sport.

Afro
06-03-2007, 03:12 AM
I guess I misunderstood you. What did you mean by post then? It sounds like you don't consider baseball a sport or you consider it less of a sport.
I was bein a bit sarcastic, I was saying that Baseball is a sport and as long as its considered a sport then Hockey couldnt be considered the most boring, and no disrespect to boxing.. I understand its a game of patience, and its a damn good game, but patience is boring.

Palma
06-03-2007, 03:16 AM
I was bein a bit sarcastic, I was saying that Baseball is a sport and as long as its considered a sport then Hockey couldnt be considered the most boring, and no disrespect to boxing.. I understand its a game of patience, and its a damn good game, but patience is boring.

I see what you mean, but it is all realative. What some people find exiciting is not what others consider exciting even if it is at a faster and more physical pace.

Thaistylist
06-03-2007, 03:48 AM
I took it as u saying baseball wasnt a sport either. But I think that if you dont understand baseball it is impossible to watch. I have played baseball my entire life including in college and I still find it hard to watch but I was obv offended that you didnt think it was a sport. My bad for the misunderstanding

kickass32
06-03-2007, 03:44 PM

Well, being from Canada, hockey really is a religion, it's not just a saying or a slogan...hockey is in our blood.
Certainly most Americans haven't grabbed ahold of the sport, and probably never will, but if you take the time to watch the Olympics or the Canada Cup (I still refuse to call it the World Cup) you'll see some TRULY great athleticism!

Punk Ass
06-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Kobe Bryant

Oscar De La Hoya-when fighting sometone who fights back.

Michael Vick-one man show.

The WIlliams sisters

Tiger Wood-the reason why anybody watches golf lol

Mac
06-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, being from Canada, hockey really is a religion, it's not just a saying or a slogan...hockey is in our blood.
Certainly most Americans haven't grabbed ahold of the sport, and probably never will, but if you take the time to watch the Olympics or the Canada Cup (I still refuse to call it the World Cup) you'll see some TRULY great athleticism!
Yeah, I'm deffinately not putting down Hockey or anyone who enjoys it, I was just saying it's not my cup of tea.

As for the Olympics and World Cup< I actually agree with you, it is way more entertaining to watch. Faster pace and more action. Probably has something to do with the wider rink.

kickass32
06-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it's just a matter of opinion, and what you've been exposed too.
I'm not a real baseball fan, but i can understand why people are....at times it can be a chess match.....however I still can't get my head around why people like auto racing......that I'll probably never get........

Highlander
06-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Yeah, it's just a matter of opinion, and what you've been exposed too.
I'm not a real baseball fan, but i can understand why people are....at times it can be a chess match.....however I still can't get my head around why people like auto racing......that I'll probably never get........

I like nascar, but I will always love hockey. Why do you consider it the Canada cup and not the World cup?

kickass32
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I like nascar, but I will always love hockey. Why do you consider it the Canada cup and not the World cup?
Just because it has been called the Canada Cup since 1976, and they changed it because they didn't think Americans would watch a tournament called the Canada Cup, so it was changed to the world cup........The trophy used to be AWESOME, but now the world cup trophy is HORRIBLE looking.

Highlander
06-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Just because it has been called the Canada Cup since 1976, and they changed it because they didn't think Americans would watch a tournament called the Canada Cup, so it was changed to the world cup........The trophy used to be AWESOME, but now the world cup trophy is HORRIBLE looking.

Yeah, that's right. I know what you're talking about now.

juice da god
06-28-2007, 05:50 AM
chris benoit... JK!!!!!!!

Mirko
06-28-2007, 11:07 PM

jesusatemyhotdog
06-29-2007, 08:10 PM
If we are talking about exciting to watch:

NHL - Datsyuk and Hemsky - Hemsky is a fucking wizard but doesn't shoot enough.

NBA - D Wade

NFL - LT

MLB - Verlander, even though he only works once every five days, I love watching him pitch. Combine the fact that he can hit 100 in the first and ninth and has a nasty curve - I just love it.

Soccer - The guy that yells, "GOOOOAAAAALLLL"; otherwise I cannot stand that petty little game.

MMA - Cung Le

Boxing - Arce

Just a note: Hockey has not seen the likes of a player like Crosby since Lemieux. He is bar none the best hockey player playing today. My younger brother played against him in the QMJHL so I had a chance to watch him from the age of 15. He is on another level altogether.

As far as the comments about his whining, don't forget he is still a kid, that will go away in time.

NinjaShogunRua
06-29-2007, 08:58 PM
NFL-Reggie Bush. I'm an admitted USC hater, but the kid is exciting to watch and can break a big play at any moment.

NBA-Kobe Bryant. Don't care for his attitude, but watching him score 82 was truly amazing. He can blow open a game at any time.

MLB-I don't find baseball very exciting unless the Yankees and Red Sox are playing. Can't really pick one player that does it for me.

Boxing-Arturo Gatti. The dude is a fucking warrior. He gives it his all in every fight, whether he is KOing someone or getting KO'd. He may not be the best boxer, but he has no quit, and never runs from a challenge.

MMA-Cro Cop. Don't remember the last boring fight he had.

kylewyzle2005
07-02-2007, 10:19 PM
NFL - Vince Young. He is in my opinion the most creative quarterback in there prime.

NBA - Larry Bird. Watch his documentary and you will see why.

MLB - dont really care for baseball anymore.

MMA - Quinton Jackson. Entertaining? Wow. Watch his videos of just doin random shit. Its hilarious.

Spain215
07-03-2007, 08:12 AM
o yes quinton rampage jackson is by far the most entertaining athlete, the dude is not only amazing but hes also hilarious

also rory singer is funny......jkin