PDA

View Full Version : Who should coach TUF 5?

BigJoe111
07-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Who should be the coach, why not go old school with Marco Ruas or Mark Coleman or possibly Bas Rutten(I know he isn;t affiliated with the UFC anymore but it wouod be great)

doublea
07-21-2006, 01:29 PM
I always thought Pat Miletich would be a good choice.

killerinstinct
07-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Jens Pulver is already signed up to coach.

BigJoe111
07-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Jens Pulver is already signed up to coach.
Thanks for the info, now who else should be there, and with Pulver signed up then you know that he will immediately get a LW championship fight after that against whoever the champ happens to be. I still think Coleman would be a great fit as coach.

killerinstinct
07-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the info, now who else should be there, and with Pulver signed up then you know that he will immediately get a LW championship fight after that against whoever the champ happens to be. I still think Coleman would be a great fit as coach.
Coleman hasn't worked with the UFC in years though.It'll be another LW probably whoever has the title-Sherk or Kenflo.

ccl2087
07-23-2006, 01:10 PM
I think BJ Penn would be a great coach for TUF 5, he could cut weight to be a LW again. That would give them two legit LW title contenders as coachs. Plus it would fit their plans for the coachs to fight at the end of the show. They'd probably have the winner of that fight in a title match with whoever has the belt at that point.

Salvy_Mic
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Penn and Pulver would actually be pretty good, providing Penn is dropping down to LW. The fact that Pulver handed Penn his first loss makes this sort of pairing very intriguing.

AJL416AZ
07-31-2006, 01:33 AM
look on the right side for an interview with "MMA Champ BJ Penn"
http://www.kuam.com/

it's the most confirmation i've heard for BJ fighting at LW, and he mentions signing on the contract, and this could involve a possible TUF season

Legend
07-31-2006, 06:53 AM
I wish they would set up a match between Sherk and Penn for the vacant LW title. Penn is definitly a more worthy challenger to the title than Florian (assuming Penn wants to drop back down). So then if Penn wins he and Pulver can choach TUF 5 and it would be great or Sherk would win and TUF 5 would still be good.