PDA

View Full Version : Cory Hill looks scared..

leedogg900
06-04-2007, 02:17 AM
is it just me or does ever since nate was picked to fight cory, cory looks scared. he has a scared look in his eyes and all that angry barking madman crap has gone right out the window. i think hill knows whats commin to him.

anyone else notice this?

thumper
06-04-2007, 02:18 AM
He should look scared.

he's a terrible fighter, knows he's going to be totally dominated in the next fight and really has no business even being on the show.

:)

Afro
06-04-2007, 02:37 AM
He should look scared.

he's a terrible fighter, knows he's going to be totally dominated in the next fight and really has no business even being on the show.

:)
How the hell is he a terrible fighter?

2mcgrath
06-04-2007, 02:40 AM
yeah he does look scared.i think he knows that he will more than likely lose that fight

Unreal
06-04-2007, 03:15 AM

i think he means that hill is 6'5 and doesnt use his reach very well, someone that big at the lighweight division should be knocking people out left and right.

also he has 1 mma fight so far, so i agree, he doenst have any bussiness in the show... hes kinda like a pride freak show

jlruthven84
06-04-2007, 03:19 AM
i think he means that hill is 6'5 and doesnt use his reach very well, someone that big at the lighweight division should be knocking people out left and right.

also he has 1 mma fight so far, so i agree, he doenst have any bussiness in the show... hes kinda like a pride freak show

Well-said. With another year or so of training, that guy could be a monster, but he's got absolutely no business being on that show in the first place. I can't stand Emerson for not knocking him on his ass.

Nate's gonna destroy him.

2mcgrath
06-04-2007, 03:55 AM
i agree i think cory will be allright with exp.i mean he just doesnt have the exp right now to compete in the ufc.i think you give him a little time he will be a pretty good fighter.if he trains with horn he should come along after a year or so of training.guy that tall in the lw division would have sick sub skills.thats why i think if he trains with horn he will be a threat.

Afro
06-04-2007, 04:26 AM
Since when was this the comeback show? guys with little experience belong on TUF

thumper
06-04-2007, 04:50 AM
So you think that someone with 0 fights. no MMA experience whatsoever deserve to be on the show? That's what he was. his 1 fight the one he had on the show.

With training he could be great with that height and low weight. but now? there's no way he should have gotten a shot. He knew it too. that's why he lied about his record. But my opinion is he should have been replaced the moment he admitted it which was before his first fight.

foutch550
06-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Corey will get killed this week. No way he beats Diaz. Hell, I think he lost to Emerson anyway. Corey's not doing all that barking / talking shit cuz he knows Diaz is bringing it to him either way. Corey needs to get with a camp that can take his green green GREEN self and sclupt him into an MMA fighter. NO WAY he wins this week.

Afro
06-04-2007, 05:03 AM
So you think that someone with 0 fights. no MMA experience whatsoever deserve to be on the show? That's what he was. his 1 fight the one he had on the show.

With training he could be great with that height and low weight. but now? there's no way he should have gotten a shot. He knew it too. that's why he lied about his record. But my opinion is he should have been replaced the moment he admitted it which was before his first fight.
Ok do you really think Dana White didnt check his record? Dana said it himself, we let him on with no experience because of his potential.. and yes he deserves to be on the show cuz Dana believes he deserves to be on the show! cant believe im defending Dana, but since when was the show strcutured around guys that had to have fight experience? does it actually say that in the TUF application?

da@LARGE
06-04-2007, 05:09 AM
No doubt Diaz has a a huge advantage over Hill. But I was surprised when they said that Nate switches teams on the next episode. You'd think Cory would be more worried about training with Diaz.

I wonder what Diaz is thinking...

Afro
06-04-2007, 05:11 AM
No doubt Diaz has a a huge advantage over Hill. But I was surprised when they said that Nate switches teams on the next episode. You'd think Cory would be more worried about training with Diaz.

Diaz raised his hand when Penn asked the oh so famous question

spinach
06-04-2007, 05:13 AM

Cory was probably getting all the attention from the trainers.

SimpleJack
06-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Cory Hill has potential, but I think he's out of his league with just about anyone in the semis. I don't think he's scared of the fight, just the idea of getting exposed. His height will be totally negated on the ground, especially for a Gracie student.

Afro
06-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Cory Hill has potential, but I think he's out of his league with just about anyone in the semis. I don't think he's scared of the fight, just the idea of getting exposed. His height will be totally negated on the ground, especially for a Gracie student.
I still think itll be tough to get him there with his wrestling experience, despite how tall he is.. Nick has good BJJ, he isnt weak in takedowns but he did struggle to take Franca down i nthere fight but eventually got him on the ground, I say Nick wins by sub but putting Hill on the show was a smart idea, hes got contacts now, hes had official training.. he can jumpstart his career.. I mean if he didnt belong on the show then what does that say about Emerson? whos had 12 fights.. even fought Jens Pulver.

leedogg900
06-04-2007, 07:42 AM
I still think itll be tough to get him there with his wrestling experience, despite how tall he is.. Nick has good BJJ, he isnt weak in takedowns but he did struggle to take Franca down i nthere fight but eventually got him on the ground, I say Nick wins by sub but putting Hill on the show was a smart idea, hes got contacts now, hes had official training.. he can jumpstart his career.. I mean if he didnt belong on the show then what does that say about Emerson? whos had 12 fights.. even fought Jens Pulver.

nate not nick

Rico
06-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Lol can definitely tell i'm in TUF section...Corey Hill doesn't belong, but Monsta, Ruediger, Sims, Noah, Wang etc. do?? Lol Corey Hill just had his first pro mma fight, and it still wasn't a pro fight. He used his range perfectly and outboxed a "professional" kickboxer. I don't think he seems scared what so ever, it's not like he went off after they put that stuff on the wall, he was calm then too. I just don't think he liked Gabe for obvious reasons. Even if Diaz beats Hill it doesn't mean shit...2 years from now Hill will own the 155 division, and if not own it be a major force. I'm glad Dana put him on the show instead of half of the birds he could've. BTW I can't stand Dana or Zuffa WAR PRIDE

DeathOrGlory2
06-04-2007, 12:26 PM
I think Hill's on the show because of his potential. A show like TUF is all about potential, and I think a guy at that height at this weight class could with the right training be a very dangerous fighter. Yes, there's a gulf in class between him and people like Lauzon and Diaz, but he'd fought Monster, Weems, Wang, Fatboy Gabe etc he'd have annhilalate them now, never mind after some serious training in a good camp. Apparently he's been with Pulver's camp since the show and is developing well.

Unreal
06-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I just plain dont like corey, from the first show when he was doing that DMX barking shit I just thought he was fucking stupid. And even more stupid was Gabe who was obviously punked out from coreys barking, god I would have gotten in his face so bad he would have had to pick me.

thumper
06-04-2007, 03:38 PM
That's the same way I feel about him. I didn't like him from that moment on.

he's a moron

SimpleJack
06-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Lol can definitely tell i'm in TUF section...Corey Hill doesn't belong, but Monsta, Ruediger, Sims, Noah, Wang etc. do?? Lol Corey Hill just had his first pro mma fight, and it still wasn't a pro fight. He used his range perfectly and outboxed a "professional" kickboxer. I don't think he seems scared what so ever, it's not like he went off after they put that stuff on the wall, he was calm then too. I just don't think he liked Gabe for obvious reasons. Even if Diaz beats Hill it doesn't mean shit...2 years from now Hill will own the 155 division, and if not own it be a major force. I'm glad Dana put him on the show instead of half of the birds he could've. BTW I can't stand Dana or Zuffa WAR PRIDE
Yeah, he beat a kickboxer less than 2 weeks after Emerson had fought a grueling fight with the favorite to win it all. Yeah, right. I don't think he'll own shit unless he grows up and learns how to maintain a stance. He's wide open for a takedown from anyone who can shoot after Cory punches. Gray, Wiman, Diaz, or Lauzon would murder him.

Gurry
06-04-2007, 05:13 PM
not to mention he has some wild skinny chicken legs

SimpleJack
06-04-2007, 05:15 PM
That too. Just asking for a knee-bar or a calf-crush.

baba
06-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't see Corey beating Diaz, barring a really lucky punch. But I don't think he's scared. The guy is a fighter.

Beatts35
06-04-2007, 05:25 PM
i don't think that hill is scared. i don't think he fully understands what it is to fight in mma. his lack of experience will be his undoing on tuf. we'll see he may wind up in the wec for a few fights after the finally. but i don't see any big fights or a belt going his way.

rivethead
06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't think he's scared.

I thought the barking shit was stupid, but more than half the shit people do on that show is stupid.

I think Hill has more heart than people give him credit for...he willfully went on the show with no MMA experience, knowing he'd be against guys with skills.

I don't see him winning against Nate, but I don't think he's scared...he's willing and able to learn, which is more than a lot of the guys on the show.

Just because someone doesn't like a guy doesn't mean they can't fight, or that they don't belong on a show specifically designed to showcase new talent. I can't see him winning, but he's showing more desire to learn than Brad Imes did [to compare another physically-gifted, under-experienced contestant]. I'd bet Hill's post-UFC win-loss ratio in a year is better than Imes'.

rh

Afro
06-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Danny Abbadi had ZERO pro fights too going onto the show, as well as Jason Thacker, and MATT HAMILL so I dont see what the big deal is with Corey being on the show.

Rico
06-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, he beat a kickboxer less than 2 weeks after Emerson had fought a grueling fight with the favorite to win it all. Yeah, right. I don't think he'll own shit unless he grows up and learns how to maintain a stance. He's wide open for a takedown from anyone who can shoot after Cory punches. Gray, Wiman, Diaz, or Lauzon would murder him.

Your stupidity and ignorance gets better everytime. You pick the four best guys with 10x more experience to 'murder' him, WOW you're really going out on a limb there he must suck. Emerson had a grueling fight? How about Corey having to make weight twice in 3 days. He's wide open for a takedown but any real mma fighter would know with his size and those "skinny legs" that you seem to be obsessed with sprawling for him would be easy. And I am right, he did beat a kickboxer. Grows up?? Coming from a guy named Don Frye with the dumbest av in history?? Look in the mirror buddy.

Rico
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
I just plain dont like corey, from the first show when he was doing that DMX barking shit I just thought he was fucking stupid. And even more stupid was Gabe who was obviously punked out from coreys barking, god I would have gotten in his face so bad he would have had to pick me.

LOL yeeeeeeeeea....i can tell by how you wrote that you're a vicious killer. Sure buddy go back to knitting sweaters and watching Martha Stewart alright Barry Poppins Hill would knock you out with a backhand.

Afro
06-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Other then Gray, most of those guys would have trouble taking Corey to the ground.. I do agree that all of them would beat Corey, except maybe Wiman cuz Wiman is primarily a standup fighter.. but Diaz especially will have a hard time taking Corey to the ground, Lauzon wouldnt have a hard time but he wont make it look easy, Gray would have no trouble though. Wiman would.

rivethead
06-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Your stupidity and ignorance gets better everytime. You pick the four best guys with 10x more experience to 'murder' him, WOW you're really going out on a limb there he must suck. Emerson had a grueling fight? How about Corey having to make weight twice in 3 days. He's wide open for a takedown but any real mma fighter would know with his size and those "skinny legs" that you seem to be obsessed with sprawling for him would be easy. And I am right, he did beat a kickboxer. Grows up?? Coming from a guy named Don Frye with the dumbest av in history?? Look in the mirror buddy.

very classy. Picking on someone's av makes a great point, and calling people stupid makes you look much smarter.

You've totally convinced me that Hill is going to win it all.

rh

Rico
06-04-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't want to convince you it's because of self described "ignorant son of a bitches" like you that i make money off mma...i never said corey would win it all i think he will be a force in the years to come I think Lauzon will win it all...I find it funny you keep going post to post looking for mine tho I definitely have an obsessed stalker on my hands

Rico
06-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Afro Samurai is smarter then me he summed it up for you anyways....

SimpleJack
06-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Other then Gray, most of those guys would have trouble taking Corey to the ground.. I do agree that all of them would beat Corey, except maybe Wiman cuz Wiman is primarily a standup fighter.. but Diaz especially will have a hard time taking Corey to the ground, Lauzon wouldnt have a hard time but he wont make it look easy, Gray would have no trouble though. Wiman would.
That's possible, but his hands are pretty lazy and down a lot. I think a shot is and a dump on his ass are in his future. Wiman may have trouble, but I'm not sure how strong Corey really is.

Rico
06-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I think welfare and a cardboard box are in your future who cares??

Unreal
06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
LOL yeeeeeeeeea....i can tell by how you wrote that you're a vicious killer. Sure buddy go back to knitting sweaters and watching Martha Stewart alright Barry Poppins Hill would knock you out with a backhand.

man take your fucking meds you dumb piece of shit. you've done nothing but flame everyone all day, so your just proving that you are an asshole who cant be taken seriously

Rico
06-04-2007, 06:47 PM
man take your fucking meds you dumb piece of shit. you've done nothing but flame everyone all day, so your just proving that you are an asshole who cant be taken seriously

Man your mom stole my meds after I hit that from tha back last night cuz she needed money shes on Yonge and Bloor right now shoppin that shit sorry son

Unreal
06-04-2007, 06:50 PM
oh please stop saying that about my mom, your hurting me so much!! LOL

dude you've posted like 80 times today, so i dont care if my mom stole your meds, get some panadol PM and take a nap.

if your not old enouth to buy them then buy some rope and hang your self next to your pc

Rico
06-04-2007, 06:51 PM
oh please stop saying that about my mom, your hurting me so much!! LOL

dude you've posted like 80 times today, so i dont care if my mom stole your meds, get some panadol PM and take a nap.

if your not old enouth to buy them then buy some rope and hang your self next to your pc

I can't hang myself, that would be unfair to your mom after your Pops did that when he saw what you grew up to be....besides, she sucks the meanest cock ever I'm not leavin that no matter how ugly or deformed you are.

Unreal
06-04-2007, 06:53 PM
dude fuck your self alright? and by the way dont expect me to respond to any more of your pointless threads, grow the fuck up and get a fucking life.

Rico
06-04-2007, 07:39 PM
lol yes i should grow up like you and have a cool av like that and name myself 420....i have a life, it may not be fun but the part where your mom shows up around midnight daily for a boottee call and rides tha train definitely makes it worth while

jlruthven84
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
lol yes i should grow up like you and have a cool av like that and name myself 420....i have a life, it may not be fun but the part where your mom shows up around midnight daily for a boottee call and rides tha train definitely makes it worth while

Can we get a mod in here to put these two dipshits on two-week ban?

Rico
06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Can we get a mod in here to put these two dipshits on two-week ban?

Shut up you little pussy skip the posts if you don't like them, what a snivelling little weasel your mama raised. SNITCH

jlruthven84
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Dude...take a deep breath, and release it if you want to.

These forums are not for incessant and petty bickering, juvenile name-calling, or fifth-grade cafeteria bullshit. They are for discussing the sport of mixed martial arts, pure and simple.

Speaking of skipping posts, you must have skipped the one regarding flaming on this site.

Shape up or go over to Sherdog.

Rico
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
First of all you aren't a mod so don't tell me to shape up or anything, second of all when it comes to mma knowledge or debating I will embarass you so do yourself a favor and go tell on those kids j-walking across the street snitch.

jlruthven84
06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
First of all you aren't a mod so don't tell me to shape up or anything, second of all when it comes to mma knowledge or debating I will embarass you so do yourself a favor and go tell on those kids j-walking across the street snitch.

When "keeping it real" goes wrong.

Rico
06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
No that's when you leave your house and get chin checked for your wallet every other week...that's when being a pussy goes wrong.

mattyc
06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
So yeah, back on subject...

I think Cory Hill looked a little concerned in the comercial. I think that his fight with Emerson woke him up. Even though he won, I don't think he did as well as he thought he would do, so I think that's on his mind. Not only that, I think the fact that he knows Nate is more well-rounded, as well as hearing that Nate started training with BJ... yeah, I think it's weighing heavily on his mind. It makes sense to me that he would be concerned about that.

Does anyone know if Cory had to go back to cutting weight for the fight? I recall him cutting weight for the cake-muncher.

Rico
06-04-2007, 09:40 PM
He had to cut weight again for his fight against Emerson...that's why he was real drawn out. I disagree I don't think he's concerned the guy has made it to the quarter finals without ever having fought I think he just knows Nate is a top guy and also one of his friends

leedogg900
06-04-2007, 10:27 PM

cory hill will never own the 155lb division

Rico
06-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Well that's what you get for thinking

pumademon
06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Well that's what you get for thinking

I think Corey has a huge upside and with the right training, I could see him on top down the road. He definately has the work ethic and determination. A little too early for now though. I don't think he will win TUF 5, but with all of the TV time he has received, i am sure the UFC will give him a contract.

jlruthven84
06-05-2007, 12:33 AM
I think Corey has a huge upside and with the right training, I could see him on top down the road. He definately has the work ethic and determination. A little too early for now though. I don't think he will win TUF 5, but with all of the TV time he has received, i am sure the UFC will give him a contract.

Right on. He needs to get some time in with a top camp and just work himself to death. He'll eventually be a force.

leedogg900
06-05-2007, 01:45 AM
i honestly think the reason people think he is good [his 6'4 frame], will untimatly be his downfall against top competition. that is just to tall to be able to stop power wrestlers and his long skinny limbs will leave him open for submissions. just my opinion

perc10
06-05-2007, 02:44 AM
I seen real tall lanky guys get good with BJJ but he has to really train. I think he sucks and has a dumb ghetto mentality but that might be anxiety and inexperience making him run his mouth,notice how his fight quieted him down(I know the show is edited),but he's not barking and fighting gym walls. I like to bash him but if he settles down and takes guys like Horn up on training he can be dangerous at lw AND ww

Donny77
06-05-2007, 06:10 PM
He's green as hell. Jeremy Horn even said no matter what happnes on the show, he still wants Cory up in Salt Lake

leelandk
06-05-2007, 08:51 PM

Rep'd. This guy wouldn't have even been looked at twice if he wasn't a full head taller than everyone else. He's a good athlete with somewhat of a wrestling background, very over-rated in that department though. He's the UFC's freakshow.

Steel
06-05-2007, 10:46 PM

From what I saw, all he could do was swing randomly. If he weren't tall I don't think he would have made it through that fight. I think he needs less DMX in his life and more mat time.

How does a guy like this get on the show anyway? There are so many more qualified people out there with actual in-ring experience.

Zenshotokai
06-06-2007, 02:24 AM
From what I saw, all he could do was swing randomly. If he weren't tall I don't think he would have made it through that fight. I think he needs less DMX in his life and more mat time.

How does a guy like this get on the show anyway? There are so many more qualified people out there with actual in-ring experience.

We can debate this all we want. But, when Jeremy Horn rolls with you and then says....COME TRAIN WITH ME!...I think that Jeremy knows talent and sees something in Corey that he can mold into a contender. :grinsmile1:

perc10
06-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Its his length look at Kendal Groves and that guy who just died Jeremy Williams Ithink,they are so lanky could practically triangle someone from anywhere on the ground. Even Anderson Silva has those legs and arms to create leverage.I know everyone thinks reach is just standup but if a guy can have his hands reach where others cant its hard to defend something like that. And obviosly Hill does deserve to be there on some level if hes still hangin I just dont like his whole attitude and lies

Afro
06-06-2007, 05:01 AM

Because hes a collegiate wrestler?

neonatural45
06-06-2007, 05:50 AM
corey is okay but I think the UFC hype machine can make him look great untill he develops a groundgame

Beowulf
06-08-2007, 05:07 AM
yeah iwas trying to see if anyone had that fight

btw, cory didnt look too scared tonight

perc10
06-08-2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah but hes got some issues,Buddy Ro, hes gonna sing zippety do da and tell stories about rabbits soon

JMH
06-08-2007, 05:14 AM
Yeah but hes got some issues,Buddy Ro, hes gonna sing zippety do da and tell stories about rabbits soon

Some fighters bang former Porn stars, others talk to themselves in the sauna. So what?

Severn
06-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Cory should take time out of his day and watch some Larry Holmes fights. If properly developed he could have an incredible jab.

808botz
06-08-2007, 07:22 PM
CAN SOMEONE CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW. Cory was not scared. He threw down!!! Too bad it was Nate thou. Nate's a beast.

scottsec
06-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Hill iz prettyy cool imo. Funny as hell, buddy ro, thats priceless. I really think the guy has a future in mma if he's willing to work.

klev1
06-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Corey represented himself well (even in defeat). Nate's experience was just too much for him. I think Corey was winning until he got caught in the triangle.

Also, i'm confused, i thought this was only his 2nd fight, but last night he said it was his fourth. Can anybody explain?

I wonder what sparked the Karo/Nate tussle.

Afro
06-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Corey represented himself well (even in defeat). Nate's experience was just too much for him. I think Corey was winning until he got caught in the triangle.

Also, i'm confused, i thought this was only his 2nd fight, but last night he said it was his fourth. Can anybody explain?

he has 2 amatuer fights, then he fought Emerson, making the Diaz fight his 4th fight

klev1
06-08-2007, 11:48 PM
he has 2 amatuer fights, then he fought Emerson, making the Diaz fight his 4th fight
ahhh makes sense...thnx.

spinach
06-10-2007, 09:00 PM

Well Karo beat his brother .... Nick .... some I am thinking that Karo might of starting talking some shit like Manny is going to make it 2-0 over the Diaz's.

And you know Nate ain't gonna take any of that.