PDA

View Full Version : Cotto vs. Judah

Rico
06-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Who do you have?? I would insert a poll but I don't know how lol. State who you got and why, either way this will be everything DLH vs Mayweather wasn't...the Brooklyn vs Puerto Rico crows will be insane. Brooklyn will be outnumbered but are just as loud and crazy as anybody.

I think Judah will pick apart Cotto and win by KO by Round 10. He is way too fast and powerful for a guy who got rocked by Chop Chop and who gets hit way too frequently every fight he's in. Cotto has plenty of heart and a great body attack, but Judah definitely does not have a glass jaw as the PBF fight proved...Judah's speed and strength will be 2 much victory for "Supa" Judah...

Salvy_Mic
06-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I disagree, while Judah does have the speed and technique advantage, he starts breaking down later in fights. I see Cotto pinning Judah on the ropes more often than not and breaking him down with body punches. It'll be Cotto winning by late round KO, or at least a clear decision.

And fighting Mayweather at welterweight does not prove you don't have a glass jaw. He lost his power as soon as he hit 140 and couldn't hurt a fly at 147. If anything, Judah needs to stay on his toes to avoid Cotto's crushing power. And I don't think Chop Chop rocked Cotto, it was either Torres or Maussa, both of whom are among the hardest punchers at 140. 147 is Cotto's home, he'll be too big, strong, and physical for Judah.

Rico
06-04-2007, 09:51 AM
LOL I totally disagree with almost everything you said.

1. Judah didn't seem to break down against Mickey Ward or Spinks in the latter rounds, what are you basing that analysis on? His fight against PBF and Baldomir?
2. Cotto cannot pin Judah on the ropes Judah is way too quick.
3. Judah getting hit flush on the chin several times, as HBO analysts remark "Well Judah definitely can take a shot and has a strong chin" doesn't mean anything to you?? Mayweather at 147 would knock out Cotto in 6 rounds so I don't see where you're coming from there. Judah definitely doesn't have a glass jaw.
4. Watch the fight between Cotto and Chop Chop again, because clearly you missed Cotto doing the exact same dance Judah did against Kostya and then bear hug Corley before he fell. Torres and Maussa both rocked Cotto as well, but don't have the power and speed of Judah.
5. Judah has been fighting at 147 longer then Cotto, is way quicker, and has more power as well (speed plus power equals velocity). If Malinaggi had power he would've beat Cotto.

SimpleJack
06-04-2007, 04:18 PM
LOL I totally disagree with almost everything you said.

If Malinaggi had power he would've beat Cotto.
Did you watch that fight??? He beat Paulie to death and when he got tired of breaking up his face, he just banged the body over and over because he knew Malignaggi couldn't possibly hurt him. that fight wasn't even remotely close.

JimmyMoore
06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Mayweather at 147 would knock out Cotto in 6 rounds so I don't see where you're coming from there.

No, he wouldn't. I'm not sure Mayweather at 147 could KO Glass Joe.

Rico
06-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Did you watch that fight??? He beat Paulie to death and when he got tired of breaking up his face, he just banged the body over and over because he knew Malignaggi couldn't possibly hurt him. that fight wasn't even remotely close.

EXACTLY, he knew he couldn't hurt him. If he's getting his ass kicked by Torres I don't know how you guys don't think Judah will hurt and beat him, it's people like you that make me so much guap through betting.

As for the Mayweather comment, that's funny, he obliterated Gatti at 140 and at 147 carries even more power, he would knock out Cotto through 6 rounds EASY.

SimpleJack
06-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, I doubt you made money off of me if you were betting on Judah against Baldomir or Tszyu.......

Rico
06-04-2007, 06:31 PM
LOL yeeeea cuz you bet against Judah with Baldomir, tell another story Selleck. I don't like your dumb ass trying to tell me to put up sources and do this do that you're a buzzard after Judah knocks out Cotto you will be the 2nd guy I laugh @ after Cruz who seemingly never posts anymore.

Punk Ass
06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm going to say Judah has something to prove and will not bullshit in this fight. I think he's going to be on top of his game and will outbox Cotto on way to an easy 12 round victory.

Afro
06-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Cotto!

Rico
06-04-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm going to say Judah has something to prove and will not bullshit in this fight. I think he's going to be on top of his game and will outbox Cotto on way to an easy 12 round victory.

Thanks bro, most boxing fans know when Judah is on top of his game he can't be beat, the question is when is he on top of his game lol...he knows if he loses his career is over he said so himself. Do you think he a chance at putting Cotto down in the later rounds?

JimmyMoore
06-04-2007, 06:53 PM
As for the Mayweather comment, that's funny, he obliterated Gatti at 140 and at 147 carries even more power, he would knock out Cotto through 6 rounds EASY.

No he carries more weight at 147, not power. He hasnt stopped anybody since moving up to welterweight. He hasnt even hurt anyone since moving to welterweight. I'd hold off on claiming he would knock out the welterweight champion of the world.

Unreal
06-04-2007, 07:47 PM
cotto just because hes from my hometown, Caguas Puerto Rico baby!!!

Rico
06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
No he carries more weight at 147, not power. He hasnt stopped anybody since moving up to welterweight. He hasnt even hurt anyone since moving to welterweight. I'd hold off on claiming he would knock out the welterweight champion of the world.

He's faced Judah, Baldomir and DLH...three guys that are pretty hard to k.o.

Thaistylist
06-04-2007, 08:02 PM
While I really want Cotto to win, I think Judah takes this is an easy decision. While at the top of his game I just cant see Judah losing to Cotto. But if for some reason Judah comes in anything less than focuses I think Cotto wins via vicious body shots

Caine2878
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I am just hoping Judah comes in with his mind on boxing and I hope he has been focused during training camp. If Judah is mind ready he will make easy work of Cotto possibly setting up a matchup wit SSM. A focused Judah vs SSM is a very interesting matchup.

Rico
06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
The winner of this fight will face the winner of Margarito-Williams (I got Williams just cuz Margarito is overhyped IMO) for the undisputed 147. There is talk about Mosley-Mayweather also...Judah said if he loses this fight he'll quit, so I think he's ready.

Punk Ass
06-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks bro, most boxing fans know when Judah is on top of his game he can't be beat, the question is when is he on top of his game lol...he knows if he loses his career is over he said so himself. Do you think he a chance at putting Cotto down in the later rounds?

Honestly, I think Zab does have a chance of KOing Cotto. Will it happen, I don't think so but, you never know, Zab has explosive power and I may be wrong but I think it carried over to WW.

Anywayz, yes, ur right, Zab is a very good boxer but he beats himself. If he's on top of his game, ala Spinks vs Judah 2 it's going to be very hard to beat him.

Punk Ass
06-04-2007, 08:24 PM
On a side note, does anyone know that Zab is Jewish?

Caine2878
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
The winner of this fight will face the winner of Margarito-Williams (I got Williams just cuz Margarito is overhyped IMO) for the undisputed 147. There is talk about Mosley-Mayweather also...Judah said if he loses this fight he'll quit, so I think he's ready.

I want Williams to win but I think he has too many holes in his game and they will be exposed by Margarito. Williams will take too many shots in order to land his and this may get him knocked out in this fight. It should be a great fight though. I don't think a Mosley-Mayweather fight will happen altough I would LOVE to see this fight. Mosley is too dangerous in Mayweather's eyes with speed "close" to his and power to go along with that speed.

Rico
Honestly, I think Zab does have a chance of KOing Cotto. Will it happen, I don't think so but, you never know, Zab has explosive power and I may be wrong but I think it carried over to WW.

Anywayz, yes, ur right, Zab is a very good boxer but he beats himself. If he's on top of his game, ala Spinks vs Judah 2 it's going to be very hard to beat him.

Lol exactly hes demolished guys at 147 already and knocked out Spinks something Taylor The Giant couldn't do so his power is definitely there I think Cotto will get get knocked out for sure....

Lol Yeah Zab is Jewish he has the star of david on his shorts all the time, his name is zabadiah, his fathers name is yoel, his last name is judah its obvious lol....but hes the type of Jew that believes in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior so he will get raptured

Rico
and btw thats not a shot I wuz being serious I'm a born again Christian

JimmyMoore
06-04-2007, 09:31 PM
....but hes the type of Jew that believes in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior so he will get raptured

HAHA Wow dude... really?! I sure hope Jesus raptures me too!

Rico
06-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Accept him as your Lord and Savior bro and you won't have to face the time of Revalations....

JimmyMoore
06-04-2007, 09:56 PM
In Heaven, all the interesting people are missing...

Rico
06-05-2007, 12:15 AM
In Heaven, all the interesting people are missing...

Yeah well if you want to join the "interesting" ppl in Hell dont accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and keep crackin corny jokes

Thaistylist
06-05-2007, 12:20 AM
But Jesus accepts your mama jokes, and being intolerable to others?

Salvy_Mic
06-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Aww, he got banned, now I can't talk shit. So Judah is a Jew for Jesus...wouldn't that simply make him Christian? I mean, technically, Christianity is defined by a belief in Jesus as the son of God. I thought Judah was a Black Hebrew, they're a really hardline black Jewish sect that believe that they're the true descendants of David or something. Speaking of Black Hebrews, I heard Meldrick Taylor is one too.

Anyway, I think Cotto is too strong and physical for Judah, and he'll do well to watch how Julio Cesar Chavez completely broke down Hector Camacho..by cutting of the ring, pinning him on the ropes and punishing him with a mix of head and body punches. Judah's chin is average at best in my opinion, there's a difference between being able to take a punch from feather-fisted Mayweather and Spinks, and being able to take punches from harder punchers like Cotto.

I also like Margarito to beat Williams in a tough, bruising fight, and as far as a potential Margarito/Cotto fight goes, I like Margarito, he in turn is the taller, bigger fighter with a rock solid chin that can certainly take Cotto's punch. That's a FOTY style fight, and anyway, I look forward to anything that's Mexico vs. Puerto Rico.

Afro
06-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Did y'all know that Zab Judahs dad was a kickboxer?

billbrasky
06-07-2007, 03:35 AM
I think if Zab is focused and trained hard, he should be able to take out Cotto. But thats a pretty big if. He hasnt shown he can consistently be focused on big fights, but if he cant get up for this one, he should quit.

Anyway, I think this will be a good fight for about eight rounds but cotto willl wear him down late and either stop him late or win a decision.

Someone said judah has a good chin in an earlier post. where did they get this from? Dude was nearly stopped by baldomir, a man with wat 10 KO's in about 50 fights. Not mention he was dropped by spinks in their first fight and I beleive was on his way to being stopped by mayweather before he hit him with the low blow and shot behind the head that started a riot.

klev1
06-08-2007, 01:57 AM
They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I honestly think it's who lands "the big one" first (I'm leaning towards Judah on that one). The reason i say that, both have terrific power. Maybe not one punch KO power but one punch leave you dizzy and defenseless power. Also, neither guy posseses what i would call a granite chin.

With that being said, my pick is....Judah in an upset (but i wouldn't put money on it).

P.S
I will be rooting for Cotto though as he's one of my favorite fighters.

klev1
06-08-2007, 02:01 AM
He's faced Judah, Baldomir and DLH...three guys that are pretty hard to k.o.

Judah got KO'd by Tszyu, rocked by Baldomir, and knocked down by a weak-punching Cory Spinks.

SimpleJack
06-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Well, so much for all the bullshit in this post. Cotto beat him, held him against the ropes, pounded his body, and took his best shots. Cotto by KO.