PDA

View Full Version : Gaining pounds naturally

mattyc
06-05-2007, 09:02 AM
I have a question about gaining weight. I'm not gaining weight for any reason, but I was wondering if you have any advice. Basically, I weight about 120 lbs (actually about 180 lbs, maybe 120 lbs after a buffet, haha) and stand 5'7" tall. If I wanted to gain weight without getting fat, how would I do that? Ideally, I'd want to build weight through muscle, of course.

Of the ways you may know to gain weight, are there any that don't require suppliments or only require natural products?

Thanks in advance.

adonis
06-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Hold up:

You weigh what currently? And would like to weigh? In what time frame? And how much time can you dedicate to training per week? Are you following a dieT? Do you ahve any cureent or old training injuries? Joint pain, anywhere?

Do you know what a supplement is? Do you know what natural is?

mattyc
06-07-2007, 05:26 AM
Hold up:

You weigh what currently? And would like to weigh? In what time frame? And how much time can you dedicate to training per week? Are you following a dieT? Do you ahve any cureent or old training injuries? Joint pain, anywhere?

Do you know what a supplement is? Do you know what natural is?

I know next to nothing about nutrition. I weigh 120 pounds currently (I'm 5'7" tall). I realize that I'm an idiot now: wrote 180, when I really meant to type 118, so that sentance should read that I usually weigh about 118 pounds (not 180). I exercise lightly, maybe play a pick-up game of soccer here and there and the occasional small set of crunches and push-ups.

I'm not in any need to gain this weight, I was just curious. If I wanted to gain weight, generally, what would it take?

strife
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I know next to nothing about nutrition. I weigh 120 pounds currently (I'm 5'7" tall). I realize that I'm an idiot now: wrote 180, when I really meant to type 118, so that sentance should read that I usually weigh about 118 pounds (not 180). I exercise lightly, maybe play a pick-up game of soccer here and there and the occasional small set of crunches and push-ups.

I'm not in any need to gain this weight, I was just curious. If I wanted to gain weight, generally, what would it take?

Realistically you could take various meal replacement powders, weight gain supplement, all that kind of crap. That's just going to make you flabby if you aren't dedicated to working out and just doing the "occassional pick-up soccer game or a small set of crunches and push ups." Which I can tell you aren't trying to put on that kind of weight. I'd start off by making a diet for yourself, try to eat as much non-fatty high protein food you can find.....and eat a ton of it. Also invest in some Whey protein powder to drink post-workout. Before dedicating to eating so much and taking the whey make sure to allow yourself to work out at least 3 times a week and make sure post workout you are pounding the food. I got from 149 to 172 in 7 months, all muscle really....of course I do have a strict diet and a personal trainer (one of my friends, not someone I pay for). Few other people around here can add to this and correct my mistakes, they are a little more detailed at explaining this kind of shit. I would also recommend actually searching through this section on the countless times this question has been asked as well. There are plenty of weigh gain topics already.

AudieMurphy1
06-07-2007, 05:02 PM
start with heavy lifting

adonis
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM

I usually have my clinets start with a diet of 16calories X bodyweight as a minimum. In your case that would be 1920 calories daily.
If the client has not gained 1-1.5lbs after 2 weeks I increase calories to 18 X bw. Again if weight gain is less than 2.5lbs after 4 weeks I will increasee calories to 20 X BW.

With those calories I reccomend a Zone type of diet. 40:30:30 with most of the carbs coming pre and post workout. It generally allows for 1+grams of protein per/1lbs of bodyweight. Sufficient fat intake to keep the joints working smoothly, and enough sugars to get a good insulin surge post workout.

Try and eat 6-8 meals per day. As a rule of thumb, your protein choices at each meal should be as large as the palm of your hand. Veggies and fruite should amount to atleast the size of your clenched fist/per meal.

Consume 1 gram of fishoil for every 10lbs of Bodyweight. You will need around 12 grams daily.

Choose a trainig program that follows a total body program or an upper/lower split. hte increased training frequency will allow for more total grwoth after supercompennsation has taken place.

Allow for 4-7 days of rest every 4-7 weeks.

Metalhead
06-07-2007, 07:18 PM
In simpler form...eat like hell and excerize like a mad man.

strife
06-12-2007, 02:23 AM
I see you said to consume fish oil adonis.....what are the health benefits from this?

petey
06-12-2007, 04:24 AM
well hell im 5'6 and my weight is 148 im going for 150lbs by next fall all i can say is workout drink alot of milk and eat a shit load of food
oo and what i do is try and do all my drinking on the weekends

ChuckBooty
06-12-2007, 05:13 AM
I have a question about gaining weight. I'm not gaining weight for any reason, but I was wondering if you have any advice. Basically, I weight about 120 lbs (actually about 180 lbs, maybe 120 lbs after a buffet, haha) and stand 5'7" tall. If I wanted to gain weight without getting fat, how would I do that? Ideally, I'd want to build weight through muscle, of course.

Of the ways you may know to gain weight, are there any that don't require suppliments or only require natural products?

Thanks in advance.

How old are you?

ChuckBooty
06-14-2007, 02:04 AM
http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=10430

How to "pulse" oral steroids (and oral prohormones)

Rufio
06-14-2007, 03:29 AM
LOL, he said naturally. I'm pretty sure steroids are out of the question for this guy.

ChuckBooty
06-14-2007, 07:17 PM
LOL, he said naturally. I'm pretty sure steroids are out of the question for this guy.

I know...it was a joke. LOL!