PDA

View Full Version : Question

Dork8503
06-06-2007, 07:02 AM
The cut of to hw is 265 but how come that big ass russian guy thats 7'2 or some shit and 300 plus pounds was a heavy weight and not a super heavy weight, because the superheavy weight champ is only like 265 270

its bullshit an unfair

Salvy_Mic
06-06-2007, 07:16 AM
There is no weight limit for heavyweights in the U.S. as far as boxing goes,and there's definitely no weight limit anywhere else in the world, that weight limit only goes for MMA. Its why giants like Valuev, Shannon Briggs, and Danny Williams have gone into fights weighing in at 270+ pounds.

Dork8503
06-06-2007, 07:23 AM
There is no weight limit for heavyweights in the U.S. as far as boxing goes,and there's definitely no weight limit anywhere else in the world, that weight limit only goes for MMA. Its why giants like Valuev, Shannon Briggs, and Danny Williams have gone into fights weighing in at 270+ pounds.

Then why the fuck do they have a super heavy class, makes no sence. Why didnt butterbean ever fight heavy weight then

Salvy_Mic
06-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Super heavyweight is just a novelty, its not an officially recognized or sanctioned weight class by any of the major boxing organizations (WBA, WBC, IBF, and WBO) or by any of the state or national commissions. While Butterbean may have been promoted as a super heavyweight, he's officially just a heavyweight and had he chosen to pursue a serious boxing career and chase a title instead of just taking the easier (and financially lucrative) route of being the "King of the Four Rounders", he could have as a heavyweight.

There was some talk thrown around about creating a super heavyweight division in boxing when giants like Valuev started showing up, but remember, the heavyweight division is seen as the cream of the crop, the true glamour division of boxing with the biggest stars. Creating another division above that would reduce the marketability of the regular heavies, and not only that, boxing people simply didn't want to see yet another division with a super/junior add-on.

So in short, there's no real SHW division, Butterbean is only marketed like that because it sells, and boxing fans and journalists don't want to see another division created that serves no use and that lessens the luster of the traditional big man class.

Caine2878
06-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Right now the heavyweight class is so messed up I can see them creating an actual SHW class just to try and shake some things up. Right now the cream of the crop class has to be WW there's just tons of talent there and I don't think any other division has that amount of talent.

Punk Ass
06-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Right now the heavyweight class is so messed up I can see them creating an actual SHW class just to try and shake some things up. Right now the cream of the crop class has to be WW there's just tons of talent there and I don't think any other division has that amount of talent.would never happen. Nobody wants to see some big overgrown blobs belly bumping each other for 12 rounds. It's too much of that going on in HW as it is. And it's too much tradition involved at HW for that to happen.

Caine2878
06-07-2007, 01:42 PM
would never happen. Nobody wants to see some big overgrown blobs belly bumping each other for 12 rounds. It's too much of that going on in HW as it is. And it's too much tradition involved at HW for that to happen.

That's why they might do it to get those overgrown slow asses out of the heavyweight division and try to get it back to what it used to be. Because right now the hw division is a complete joke and needs help bad.

Afro
06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
it isnt a complete joke, you still got Sam Peter and even White Tyson

Caine2878
06-07-2007, 04:01 PM

I do not think Peter is that good to be honest.

Punk Ass
06-07-2007, 07:04 PM

White Tyson?

Punk Ass
06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I do not think Peter is that good to be honest.
Who's better? Besides the Klits bros.

Caine2878
06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Who's better? Besides the Klits bros.

No one and that's just how sad the division is these days. I mean come on who has Peter fought besides Toney and Wlad? No one, because there is no one. The HW division is in shambles that's why anyone under the son can be a champ in that division.

klev1
06-08-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't think being the bigger heavyweight has unfair advantages. Just ask Briggs and Valuev.