PDA

View Full Version : **Spoilers** Impressions

singinkangaroooo
06-08-2007, 05:27 AM
well i tried not to give nething away with the title but i was really impressed with corey hill tonight... b4 the end of the fight he was ezily winning that round and making nate look like he had as much experience as corey has.. but then it got to the ground and corey inexperience in JJ was the end of him but his hips were INCREDIBLY solid.. his take down d was really good.. and i cant wait to see if hes gonna be at the finale and what he is gonna look like after jeremy horn trains him..? what do yall think?

neonatural45
06-08-2007, 05:36 AM
He looked great, and with basic sub D he would have won that fight

Rufio
06-08-2007, 05:37 AM
He looks much more aggressive and better at using his height to his advantage than in his last fight. His takedown defense is good, although it kinda reminded me of Tim Sylvia the way he just relied on his insane height and reach advantage.

Anyway, good performance but I loved that triangle from Nate Diaz! Out of nowhere ...

2mcgrath
06-08-2007, 06:43 AM
yeah he looked like a whole different fighter.alot more aggressive.he was throwing nate everywhere

singinkangaroooo
06-08-2007, 06:54 AM
his wrestling really came into view... his sprawl was working his wizzer was working.. he threw im like a rag doll.. just made a typical wrestler mistake vs a bjj guy

Gurry
06-08-2007, 07:07 AM
yeah his sprawl was great, although im not sure how good nates werestling is. Manny impressed me aswell, that guy is a pitbull, i think him and lauzon dun match up nicely. Hes a bad match up for Lauzon in my eyes

Krazikarl
06-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Wiman lost, in large part, because he had no idea how to punch somebody as short as Manny was. You could see it right away. He was completely confused about how to hit him, and had to duck his head to punch at first (which went badly, as you might expect). Since his probable strength was standup fighting and it was clear that that wasnt going to work, he was in deep deep trouble from the get go.

I actually think that it was a training problem. BJ should have had him working on striking a shorter person. You never saw BJ going over that with him, and it sure didnt look like it happened in the fight, so thats a mistake there in the training I think.

thumper
06-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Well. My hat's off to Corey. I thought the guy had no business even being on the show, and I voiced that here too. That was based on his last fight. He was a completely different guy this time, and I agree he was using his height to his advantage. I can't even believe that's the same guy.

He certainly changed my mind.

MADDHATER
06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
well i tried not to give nething away with the title but i was really impressed with corey hill tonight... b4 the end of the fight he was ezily winning that round and making nate look like he had as much experience as corey has.. but then it got to the ground and corey inexperience in JJ was the end of him but his hips were INCREDIBLY solid.. his take down d was really good.. and i cant wait to see if hes gonna be at the finale and what he is gonna look like after jeremy horn trains him..? what do yall think?

THE WORD IS THAT COREY WILL BE FIGHTING LEONARD GARCIA THAT DUDE THAT GAVE ROGER HUERTA A RUN FOR HIS MONEY. TWO SOLID DUDE GOING @ IT SHOULD BE GOOD

MADDHATER
06-08-2007, 10:02 AM
my bad leonard garcia is supposed to fight allen berube (aka monstah) THE REF FROM THE HOME FIGHT THAT GOT THROWN OUT THE HOUSE

Mr. Raider
06-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Corey hill will be a force once he gets the right training and a few fights. i'm just impressed with the semi-finalists at this weight there all gonna make the 155 division interesting in years to come. i wasnt real impressed with diaz i couldn't tell if he was relaxed or half drunk he just didn't look sharp at all. for not having any stand up he sure tries to act like he can throw. Did you see the preview for next week when him and paryisan exchange words. Hes got some nerve Karo would end his career before it gets started.

a cool kid marjusunus k
06-09-2007, 04:13 AM
when will monstah really fight, and are marlon & noah really fighting, i wonder if everyone that made it to the quarter finals will fight in the finale. i want to see besides cole and brandon, they might even fight. but i want to see manny go against jo lauzon, what the heck. who tell me all the fights that you guys want to see. and who wants to see wiman vs nate diaz, and u know that wiman will kick his butah:ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass::ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass::ass: :ass:
:ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: