PDA

View Full Version : Karo vs. Nate Diaz?

Palma
06-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Anyone else wondering why Karo and Nate almost get in a fight in the next episode? I wonder if it has anything to do with when Karo fought Nick.

Afro
06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Cuz Karo is a douche bag and douche bags + Any Diaz = a problem

and if anyone wants to Sig Bet that Karo started this fight I am willing to do just that

Intellectual
06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
rep'd

i was just about to make the same thread.

i'm Armenian too, and most tend to have very short tempers. we get pissed off REAL FAST.

Palma
06-08-2007, 03:10 PM
rep'd

i'm Armenian too, and most tend to have very short tempers. we get pissed off REAL FAST.

Well I am half white and half mexican like the Diaz brothers and I also come from some poor dunk town in Central Califronia and I can certainly tell you that is a combination that creates the "something to prove" attitude.

and if anyone wants to Sig Bet that Karo started this fight I am willing to do just that

haha, that's a good one. I bet Karo starts it but Nate didn't have too far to go to get upset about it.

rivethead
06-08-2007, 03:12 PM

that is the only MMA math that I've ever seen that made sense...

rh

808botz
06-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I bet it has something to do with Diaz training with penn. Manny was kinda of pissed that Nate did that. Plus with Dana hinting to jens that he wants to see team mate vs team mate go at it there might have been some wise cracks being said. Those diaz brothers are Crazy i love it how nate puts his hands down when he's pissed of at someone. Its like he's reaching for a weapon haha

Afro
06-08-2007, 03:23 PM
I Gotta say at first I didnt like NAte, but throughout the season.. hes one my favs and I hope he wins the whole show

if it comes down to Lauzon/Gray(even though Gray has been fighting at myaby 80% of his ability) vs Nate id be happy with whoever wins

Nate seems a lot cooler then his brother IMO, Nick is a lot more I dont give a fuck then Nate is.

Palma
06-08-2007, 03:29 PM
I bet it has something to do with Diaz training with penn. Manny was kinda of pissed that Nate did that. Plus with Dana hinting to jens that he wants to see team mate vs team mate go at it there might have been some wise cracks being said. Those diaz brothers are Crazy i love it how nate puts his hands down when he's pissed of at someone. Its like he's reaching for a weapon haha

I think it's because Nate suffers from tinny Dick syndrome and he feels the need to cover up when he is threatend.

808botz
06-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I thin it's because Nate suffers from tinny Dick syndrome and he feels the need to cover up when he is threatend.

HAHAHHAhahahhahahaha

AudieMurphy1
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I think it's because Nate suffers from tinny Dick syndrome and he feels the need to cover up when he is threatend.

speaking from experience :fingersmilie:

Palma
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
speaking from experience :fingersmilie:

Were the fuck have you been? I've been trying to hold this place down by myself forever now!

AudieMurphy1
06-08-2007, 03:56 PM
I been in and out, pun intended:grinsmile26:

Palma
06-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I been in and out, pun intended:grinsmile26:

You're so gay...

Intellectual
06-08-2007, 04:29 PM
i got my money on Manny if he faces Nate.

biased? for sure :)

Rufio
06-08-2007, 05:03 PM
I could see Manny winning the decision if he doesn't get subbed, just because he'd have top position more often. I think that's why Karo got the decision against Nick, even though IMO Nick did more damage and came closer to finishing. Nick always had that problem that he wasn't one of the strongest guys or best wrestlers in his weight class, so he either finished the fight or he lost the decision because he spent too much time on his back.

Nate's fight with Corey Hill was kinda like that. Even if Nate had started doing damage later on, I'm sure he would've lost the decision if it came to that because of how much time he spent on his back ...

Beowulf
06-08-2007, 06:37 PM
did nate really bow up to karo and say "watch it homeboy" or something along those lines..even if karo started it, what the hell did nate think he was gonna do

LebenTysonTank
06-08-2007, 08:19 PM
did nate really bow up to karo and say "watch it homeboy" or something along those lines..even if karo started it, what the hell did nate think he was gonna do

Punch him in the face?

Mastiff_owner
06-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Punch him in the face?

That would have lead to a serious beating. The Recipient of said beating would have been Nate.

Beowulf
06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
im pretty sure karo would throw nate around and beat him pretty badly

on a side note, anyone know how old nate is? he always does the arms down, bowing up, wanna be tuff guy kids always did in highschool

Rufio
06-08-2007, 09:11 PM
I doubt Nate would take much of a beating against Karo. He'd be on the defensive but I don't see him taking much damage. If the fought in a cage it'd probably go to a decision.

Beowulf
06-08-2007, 09:13 PM
i dunno, nate just hasnt impressed me much other then the triangle choke he pulled off on cory, but the again i dont think cory even knows how to defend the triangle choke

slikguy
06-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I doubt Nate would take much of a beating against Karo. He took a beating from Corey Hill, a NOOB. :ahh:

He'd be on the defensive but I don't see him taking much damage. He'll be on his back getting slapped around
If the fought in a cage it'd probably go to a decision.
or KO or tap out.

Karo WILL outstrike Nate
nate has No CHANCE in sub'ing Karo

Conclusion: Nate would get fucked up.

Rufio
06-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Karo can't KO anyone. Corey Hill would slap Karo around too if he used his height and reach like that. Nate did pretty damn well against Hermes Franca. Nate has a great sub game. If they fought Karo would outpoint him but I doubt that Nate would be hurt or "slapped around." It'd be a bunch of back and forth manuevering on the ground.

Intellectual
06-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Nate isn't Nick.

slikguy
06-08-2007, 10:10 PM
doubt all you want
He WILL slap him around

slikguy
06-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Nate isn't Nick.

nate is better then nick or worse then Nick?

Afro
06-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Karo would take Nate down and lay on him

Intellectual
06-08-2007, 10:12 PM
nate is better then nick or worse then Nick?

worse.

slikguy
06-08-2007, 10:14 PM
are we forgeting the Burkman fight?

no laying there and burkman is a better striker then Nate

Rufio
Nate looks like a mini-me of Nick. Same style of clean striking that lacks knockout power plus great BJJ.

slikguy
worse.

agreed

Rufio
06-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Nate's striking looked pretty good against Franca and Emerson. Why isn't his striking as good as Burkman's? His striking looks better to me, although Burkman has more power. I'll bet his BJJ is a lot better than Burkman's.

slikguy
06-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Nate's striking looked pretty good against Franca and Emerson. Why isn't his striking as good as Burkman's? His striking looks better to me, although Burkman has more power. I'll bet his BJJ is a lot better than Burkman's.

no 1 is doubting his BJJ.
his striking IMO only looks good in training

Afro
06-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Nate is a solid striker, and Burkman is not the same fighter as NAte.. Burkman doesnt have the BJJ Nate has.

Mastiff_owner
06-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Karo would take Nate down and lay on him

Out of curiosity when was the last time you saw Karo win a fight via LnP. Karo is always active, top or bottom position and imo Karo's standup is much improved and way better than Nate's.

Nate uses the same unorthodox sloppy style his brother uses, ugly jab from the outside and then hoping to catch someone on the way in and hurt them. A la Robbie Lawler and Gomi. I like both of the Diaz brothers as fighters but can't see either of them beating Karo. The only chance either would have is if Karo makes a mistake on the ground and gets subbed. Karo has cleaner more efficient striking than either and the first time one of them ties up or goes to the clinch they are getting tossed on their heads.

I can't even believe we are having this discussion.

Afro
06-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Out of curiosity when was the last time you saw Karo win a fight via LnP. Karo is always active, top or bottom position and imo Karo's standup is much improved and way better than Nate's.

Nate uses the same unorthodox sloppy style his brother uses, ugly jab from the outside and then hoping to catch someone on the way in and hurt them. A la Robbie Lawler and Gomi. I like both of the Diaz brothers as fighters but can't see either of them beating Karo. The only chance either would have is if Karo makes a mistake on the ground and gets subbed. Karo has cleaner more efficient striking than either and the first time one of them ties up or goes to the clinch they are getting tossed on their heads.

Karo doesnt LnP but he certainly doesnt GnP either, hes a decision fighter especially against guys with very good BJJ

Mastiff_owner
06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Karo doesnt LnP but he certainly doesnt GnP either, hes a decision fighter especially against guys with very good BJJ

he has nine wins via sub two of which were due to strikes. He doesn't have KO power but he does do a lot of damage to his opponents. He is always busy looking for ways to end the fight and he punishes people on the ground.

You are making it sound like he eeks out decisions by taking people down and not doing anything. That just isn't true. ask Josh Burkman.

Rufio
06-08-2007, 10:50 PM
WTF? Did you see the Nick/Karo fight? It was very back and forth on the ground. Karo got the decision by being on top more often, period. Nick came a LOT closer to finishing Karo when he was outstriking him in the second round than Karo came any time in the fight. Nick was clearly the better striker and their ground technique looked equal. Karo got the decision just because he's stronger and can stay on top longer. I'll bet that if they fought to the finish, Nick would eventually TKO or sub Karo.

Afro
06-08-2007, 10:50 PM
he has nine wins via sub two of which were due to strikes. He doesn't have KO power but he does do a lot of damage to his opponents. He is always busy looking for ways to end the fight and he punishes people on the ground.

You are making it sound like he eeks out decisions by taking people down and not doing anything. That just isn't true. ask Josh Burkman.
Im not making it sound like that, im just talkin about what would happen in this fight.

He is a decision fighter though, he also has 8 deicision wins.. of those 9 subs none of the fighters were any good, Nate Diaz is a good fighter.

slikguy
06-08-2007, 10:51 PM

man that's exactly what i was thinkig but i could not be bothered writing it
ty:wavesmile:

Mastiff_owner
06-08-2007, 10:52 PM
I agree Nate is a good fighter but he would recieve a beating at the hands of Karo. It might go to a decision but it would still be a beating. However given the weight/strength advantage I really can't see this going to decision.

slikguy
06-08-2007, 10:52 PM
WTF? Did you see the Nick/Karo fight? It was very back and forth on the ground. Karo got the decision by being on top more often, period. Nick came a LOT closer to finishing Karo when he was outstriking him in the second round than Karo came any time in the fight. Nick was clearly the better striker and their ground technique looked equal. Karo got the decision just because he's stronger and can stay on top longer. I'll bet that if they fought to the finish, Nick would eventually TKO or sub Karo.

i'll take that sig/av bet for a 2 months

Afro
06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree Nate is a good fighter but he would recieve a beating at the hands of Karo. It might go to a decision but it would still be a beating. However given the weight/strength advantage I really can't see this going to decision.
Why would he recieve a beating? cuz of his Judo? all his judo would do is get Nate to the ground, Nates BJJ is better then Karos

Rufio
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
It would be just like the Nick/Karo fight ... A bunch of scrambling on the ground with Karo getting a decision because the UFC's judging favors top position. Nate's shown me more striking than Karo has and I doubt they'd even stay standing long. Nate has too good of a BJJ game for Karo to do that much damage IMO. They'd keep exchanging positions and sub attempts on the ground but overall Karo would look better in the eyes of the judges because he's stronger and would stay on top longer.

And I'm still perplexed how anyone could think Karo's striking is better than Nick's. Just check the second round of their fight.

Afro
06-08-2007, 11:06 PM
I think people are lettin Rogan get to there head, Rogan keeps hyping Karo's striking as something special.. hes faced Drew Fickett and Josh Burkman for criss sakes.

Nate Diaz' BJJ now is better then Nicks was when he fought Karo though, keep that in mind.. Nick didnt recieve his black belt till last month.

Mastiff_owner
06-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Karo fought Nick almost three years ago. His striking has improved leaps and bounds since then. Nick's striking is the same now as it was then. Nate's is no different than Nick's. In case you didn't know Judo also uses submissions. It's not just throws it incorporates alot of the same things that BJJ does just not as many chokes. Drew Ficket and Josh Burkman are on about the same level of striking as the Diaz brothers. None of them are top strikers. karo has gotten into a camp that is teaching him good striking skills and he is bringing that into the octagon.

I forget where do Nick and Nate train?

Intellectual
06-08-2007, 11:15 PM

i dont think Karo can ever be submitted. Only fighter i think that can come close is BJ Penn. If Eddie Bravo said in an interview that Karo is almost impossible to sub, i dont think Nick or Nate can do it.

and i agree, Diaz/Karo fight was awesome. classic without a doubt. should have gone more rounds.

Afro
06-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Karo fought Nick almost three years ago. His striking has improved leaps and bounds since then. Nick's striking is the same now as it was then. Nate's is no different than Nick's. In case you didn't know Judo also uses submissions. It's not just throws it incorporates alot of the same things that BJJ does just not as many chokes. Drew Ficket and Josh Burkman are on about the same level of striking as the Diaz brothers. None of them are top strikers. karo has gotten into a camp that is teaching him good striking skills and he is bringing that into the octagon.

I forget where do Nick and Nate train?
Whoa, you gotta be joking.. Neither Fickett or Burkman are nearly as good a strikers as Nick Diaz or even Nate

Nick Diaz was able to strike with Gomi, punch for punch, neither burkman or Fickett would of been able to do the same

Niehter Fickett or Burkman would of been able to outstrike Robbie Lawler either

Ok so Judo incorporates submissions, you gonna tell me that it incorporates enough to be on a brown or black belt level? cuz it doesnt.

Intellectual
06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Why would he recieve a beating? cuz of his Judo? all his judo would do is get Nate to the ground, Nates BJJ is better then Karos

Karo has mastered in Hayastan Grappling under Gokor and Gene LeBell. Hayastan Grappling is basically a mix between Judo, Jiu Jitsu and Sambo. So when people say he's mastered in Judo, it's not entirley true. he's done much more.

hopefully his striking gets better and better.

Rufio
06-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Agreed with Afro. And I guess Intellectual is right, but Diaz was outstriking Karo BAD in that second round. What I meant is I could see Diaz getting in a sub if he uses his striking to set it up, kinda like Fickett/Kos. I agree it was a classic and you could argue it's either way. I just hate how people talk about Diaz not being a top WW just because his style makes him lose decisions in the UFC.

I was just watching the Diaz/Diego fight again on Spike, and the commentating really is biased. They were talking like Diego was destroying him in rounds 1-2 even though the amount of hits landed were very even. In fact, it looked to me like that kick that Nick landed from the bottom in round 2 did the most damage of any attack in those two rounds. Then in the third Rogan was yelling about Diego's armbar attempt, but they said nothing about Diaz's kimura attempt as the round ended.

The fight with Nate and Cory was sorta similar. Nate was getting handled at first but it was even once it got to the ground. Thing is that in the eyes of the UFC's judging he would've been losing on the groun up until the sub, just because he was on the bottom.

The Diazes really need to look into some wrestling and strength training. Until they do that, they really HAVE to finish their fights if they want to win.

Mastiff_owner
06-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Coming from a boxer I can't believe that you think for one second that the Gomi Diaz fight had very much technical striking. Gomi was gassed throwing punches from somewhere in left field that were missing by 2 feet. Diaz was throwing the same bombs except they were connecting occasionally. You need to rewatch that fight. there wasn't much technical going on there.

Diaz outstruck a gassed Gomi. Gomi was gassed after the first three minutes of the fight. A gassed opponent cannot be a measuring tool for how good someone's striking is - ever.

Robbie Lawler got caught. I haven't seen that fight in a while so I can't really say how his striking looked in that fight. I will concede that he might have heavy hands though.

Afro
06-08-2007, 11:40 PM
How the hell can you say Diaz' striking wasnt technical when thats his niche? he is a finese style boxer, he started landed crisp uppercuts on Gomi regardless if he had gassed or not, but Diaz's has technically sound striking he doesnt swing wild, he doesnt throw just power punches, he picks his punches.. how the hell can you say he isnt technical? that is so far from the truth.

Gomi isnt a great technical striker, neither is Manny Pacqiuao.. they fight the same and it works for them and there both great strikers.

Rufio
06-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Even before Gomi gassed, Diaz was outstriking him until the HADOUUUUUUUKEN!!! punch landed.

Mastiff_owner
06-08-2007, 11:47 PM
How the hell can you say Diaz' striking wasnt technical when thats his niche? he is a finese style boxer, he started landed crisp uppercuts on Gomi regardless if he had gassed or not, but Diaz's has technically sound striking he doesnt swing wild, he doesnt throw just power punches, he picks his punches.. how the hell can you say he isnt technical? that is so far from the truth.

Gomi isnt a great technical striker, neither is Manny Pacqiuao.. they fight the same and it works for them and there both great strikers.

No his niche is BJJ. He has decent striking to complement that. I don't think I ever said Nick was a bad striker. I said he is sloppy and unorthodox. He uses what I consider an ugly jab to set up power shots. Picking shots doesn't make you a technical striker it makes you a smart striker.

Afro
06-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Even before Gomi gassed, Diaz was outstriking him until the HADOUUUUUUUKEN!!! punch landed.
I dont think Diaz was outstriking him, I had Gomi winning that first round on the feet but Diaz was in there punch for punch, Pulver cant say the same, Sakurai cant say the same, even Kawajiri cant really say the same and there allll GREAT strikers.

No his niche is BJJ. He has decent striking to complement that. I don't think I ever said Nick was a bad striker. I said he is sloppy and unorthodox. He uses what I consider an ugly jab to set up power shots. Picking shots doesn't make you a technical striker it makes you a smart striker.
What do you think finese strikers like B-hop, Winky do? they pick there shots.

Nick is by no means a sloppy striker at all I dont know where your getting this from, and BJJ has nothing to do with his striking. The only time ive seen Nick Diaz' striking look bad is vs Sherk, when he was countered time and time by wild hooks from a lesser striker.

Rufio
06-08-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't see how you can disagree that Diaz took over the last two minutes, although Gomi was gassed. It was even as far as damage I guess, but Diaz was pressing the action and landing cleaner hits. They were only on the feet for that short time before Gomi gassed. Diaz landed a few good clean shots and was backing Gomi up, then Gomi landed the hit that knocked him down and busted his eye up. Gomi had the better power shots no doubt, but Diaz was landing more often and his hits looked cleaner.

And Diaz's jabs don't look sloppy to me at all. Most of them that I see are straight and on the inside. The majority of the hits he landed on Gomi were like that. He peppers his opponents with clean technical strikes until he has the opening to do some real damage.

Afro
06-08-2007, 11:53 PM
I don't see how you can disagree that Diaz took over the last two minutes, although Gomi was gassed. It was even as far as damage I guess, but Diaz was pressing the action and landing cleaner hits. They were only on the feet for that short time before Gomi gassed. Diaz landed a few good clean shots and was backing Gomi up, then Gomi landed the hit that knocked him down and busted his eye up.

And Diaz's jabs don't look sloppy to me at all. Most of them that I see are straight and on the inside. The majority of the hits he landed on Gomi were like that. He peppers his opponents with clean technical strikes until he has the opening to do some real damage.
I dont disagree that Diaz took over the last 2 mins, but IMO Gomi was the clear winner for the first 3 and was still landing good shots in the last 2 mins.. I thought that first round was a definent Gomi round, but Diaz took over in the 2nd.

Rufio
06-08-2007, 11:55 PM
I agree that Gomi won the first round, but because of ground 'n pound and that huge power shot. He did more damage overall, but my point was that Diaz was outstriking him UNTIL the big punch landed. It looked like a finesse striker vs. a power puncher.

perc10
06-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I dont think Karo should have been there,no one else had family there for support. I thoght that was the idea to isolate the fighters from their normal lives so they can succeed under pressure.

Intellectual
06-09-2007, 01:26 AM
I dont think Karo should have been there,no one else had family there for support. I thoght that was the idea to isolate the fighters from their normal lives so they can succeed under pressure.

Manny say's "cousin", but they aren't really cousin's. they are just friends who grew up together and went to the same martial art classes.

perc10
06-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Its still bullshit they are supposed to go it alone,fuckingRivera missed his kid being born! but Manny gets playmates thats garbage. Everyone else in that house probably has someone theyd like there for support. Karo should have kept his face outta there,I hope he never gets a title shot and him and manny wither away to obscurity

Intellectual
06-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Karo wasnt there just for Manny. Jens said he would train with everyone.

as for your comments, i can see you are getting really emotional about this :lmfao:

im Armenian and i say to you, Fuck Off :)

Palma
06-09-2007, 01:58 AM

as for your comments, i can see you are getting really emotional about this :lmfao:

I thought you were Russian.

Intellectual
06-09-2007, 02:14 AM
I thought you were Russian.

i translated a few of the things on Fedor's forum, but im not russian. i know some russian.

Armenia was part of Soviet Union. Russian became 2nd language in Armenia. so i learned some of the language from my parents.

Intellectual
06-09-2007, 02:15 AM
and as for the song Manny was singing on the last episode, he was singing about a girl with nice eyes.

perc10
06-09-2007, 02:26 AM

I didnt say anything about armenians,or about you so why say fuck off to me cuz I dont like your fav fighters. You're obviously a child.Im entitled to my opinion and I dont have to say fuckoff to someone else to validate it or my race

rivethead
06-09-2007, 09:24 AM

Not sure if you've ever been to Stockton, but they're pretty standard issue up there.

I got offered a job at the University of the Pacific, and during a tour of campus saw two fights, with exactly that type of pre-fight warmup. The student taking me on the tour--a very cute model/actress wannabe--said "Stockton has kind of a tough reputation for crime and stuff. I don't think it's as bad as people say...I've only had my car stolen once."

I didn't take the job.

rh

Intellectual
06-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I didnt say anything about armenians,or about you so why say fuck off to me cuz I dont like your fav fighters. You're obviously a child.Im entitled to my opinion and I dont have to say fuckoff to someone else to validate it or my race

:lmfao: i was joking.

perc10
06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Not sure if you've ever been to Stockton, but they're pretty standard issue up there.

I got offered a job at the University of the Pacific, and during a tour of campus saw two fights, with exactly that type of pre-fight warmup. The student taking me on the tour--a very cute model/actress wannabe--said "Stockton has kind of a tough reputation for crime and stuff. I don't think it's as bad as people say...I've only had my car stolen once."

I didn't take the job.

rh
Lots of guys fight like that, i do it to its like that point where you put it out there that if they want some come get it,then the hands go up. Yeah it looks rediculous when someone 150 lbs does

808botz
06-09-2007, 02:01 PM
I think people are lettin Rogan get to there head, Rogan keeps hyping Karo's striking as something special.. hes faced Drew Fickett and Josh Burkman for criss sakes.

Nate Diaz' BJJ now is better then Nicks was when he fought Karo though, keep that in mind.. Nick didnt recieve his black belt till last month.

Yea ture but to get a black belt you have to win or place in BJJ tournments and so on. Nick been fighting alot with Pride and Ufc. Its was not the lack of skill but the amount of time he had to put into it. To get belts you gotta train with the Gi. Why would nick train with the Gi when he's fighting MMA. I feel belts are highly overrated now days. So fighters have very good BJJ but are only purple belts becasue they train mostly with No gi. I feel Nate BJJ and overall fighting talent is better than Nick's when he was 21. But overall Nick is a fucken beast and fought top fighters. Untill nate fights the likes of talents like Karo,Deigo,Gomi,Riggs, you cant compare the 2. Nate fought Franca and got Sub. I saw the FIGHT. Franca was in contol the whole fight. Nate had nothing for Franca.(But he was only 19 or 20 so he fought very well for his age)

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
so a LW on tuf can take a top 5 ww (one of the deepest classes) to a decision? what has nate done to deserve that i dont know. yeah he beat emerson, wow, and he was getting beat standing by cory hill till cory took him down for some reason, and im pretty sure anyone training in bjj for more the 6 months can sub cory

Afro
06-09-2007, 07:46 PM
so a LW on tuf can take a top 5 ww (one of the deepest classes) to a decision? what has nate done to deserve that i dont know. yeah he beat emerson, wow, and he was getting beat standing by cory hill till cory took him down for some reason, and im pretty sure anyone training in bjj for more the 6 months can sub cory
Karo isnt Top 5

Intellectual
06-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Karo isnt Top 5

he's 6th basically tied for 5th.

Afro
06-09-2007, 07:52 PM
he's 6th basically tied for 5th.
I would say tied for 6th honestly, if Sakurai truly is at WW.. the Top 5 should consist of Serra, GSP, Hughes, Shields, and MAYBE Koscheck.. then its arguable between Sakurai, Diego, and Karo but considering Diego but I would go in order Sakurai, Diego, Karo. Just shows how deep the WW division is though, Karo is def Top 5 talent but recent fights puts him down the list.

Intellectual
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
that's true. forgot about Sakurai at WW.

rep'd

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:00 PM
the point wasnt that karo was top 5 as much as nate hasnt done anything to show he can beat someone as good as karo

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:01 PM
the point wasnt that karo was top 5 as much as nate hasnt done anything to show he can beat someone as good as karo
I disagree, I think earning your brown belt in BJJ and his fights with Hermes on the feet, etc have proven he can atleast compete with someone like JJ

and I agree with an earlier post that at this point Nates BJJ is better then Nicks was when Nick was Nates age, Nick didnt get his black belt till last month.. I bet Nate gets his quicker.

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
so nate's one fight with hermes which hermes controlled the whole time imo proves he can hang with karo? come on..

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:04 PM
so nate's one fight with hermes which hermes controlled the whole time imo proves he can hang with karo? come on..
Yes thats exactly what I said excluding the fact that I mentioned his BJJ you are exactly right I said that his one fight with Hermes proves he can hang with Karo..

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:05 PM
well ok then....i guess everyones entitled to their opinion

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Its not really an opinion considering how much trouble BJJ has given Karo in the past, competin and beating are two diff things.. Nate has the style to compete with Karo.

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:14 PM
yeah its given him trouble...but.. karo's beaten serra, nick, diaz, close fight with diego that could of gone either way, and lytle (yeah he has decent jj)

so to say nate can compete with karo when nick and serra couldnt beat him, and when diego had a hard time is ridiculous,

not to mention belts are overated, jj with and without a gi are very different,

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Did I say NAte can beat Karo? No, I said he can compete with Karo.

not to mention, Belts are NOT overrated in BJJ and apparently neither Diaz has any trouble without the Gi.

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:16 PM
ok?

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:16 PM
ok?
Ok? are you even reading your own posts??

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:19 PM
yeah its given him trouble...but.. karo's beaten serra, nick, diaz, close fight with diego that could of gone either way, and lytle (yeah he has decent jj)

so to say nate can compete with karo when nick and serra couldnt beat him, and when diego had a hard time is ridiculous,

not to mention belts are overated, jj with and without a gi are very different,
whats that got to do with you saying nate can compete with karo, not beat him

and i mean belts are overated in the sence some people (like you) seem to think nick's jj isnt as good as nate's when he fought karo because he didnt have his belt yet

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:22 PM
whats that got to do with you saying nate can compete with karo, not beat him

and i mean belts are overated in the sence some people (like you) seem to think nick's jj isnt as good as nate's when he fought karo because he didnt have his belt yet
Ok I didnt even mention Karo.. I said when Nick was Nates age his BJJ wasnt better.. I didnt even say Karo.

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:26 PM
"Did I say NAte can beat Karo? No, I said he can compete with Karo."

i never said you did say that

and i thought earlier you said nate's bjj is better then nick's when he fought karo, if not, my fault

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:27 PM
I could be wrong about that, I thought Nick was a helluva lot older then 23 years old, Nate is only 2 years younger.

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:33 PM
nick was 21 when he fought karo, so hes almost 24 now, dunno how old nate is but if hes only 2 years younger , then hes like a year older then nick was in his fight with karo

so by saying nate's bjj is better then nick's when he was nate's age, your basicly saying nate's bjj is as good as nick's when he fought diego

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:34 PM
nick was 21 when he fought karo, so hes almost 24 now, dunno how old nate is but if hes only 2 years younger , then hes like a year older then nick was in his fight with karo

so by saying nate's bjj is better then nick's when he was nate's age, your basicly saying nate's bjj is as good as nick's when he fought diego
Again, I didnt realize how young Nick Diaz was.. I thought Nick was 25-26, Nate is 21 on his way to 22.

Beowulf
06-09-2007, 11:36 PM
yeah i actually thought he was at least 27 till i looked it up, i always thought karo was like 30 as well

Afro
06-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Karo started MMA young, his first two loses to Sherk.. he was only 18.

neonatural45
06-10-2007, 11:10 AM

When you fight lytle and serra odds are that you arnet going to finish them

Afro
06-10-2007, 11:20 AM
When you fight lytle and serra odds are that you arnet going to finish them
The only guy Lytle fought in there prime thats a big time finisher is Robbie Lawler. Hughes woulda finished him in his prime imo, Lytle has fought a lot of names.. and hes got good defense but I think this whole cant be finished thing is overrated. Have him fight Sakurai or Gomi and see what happens. Lytle is tough though, no question but he can be finished.

Thebestever
06-15-2007, 05:18 PM
rep'd

LMAO, I'm Armenian as well and that was Karo just being an Armenian guy and messing with ur ego.

Diaz is stupid saying he's going to pop Karo, you don't disrespect any world class fighter no matter what.

Afro
06-15-2007, 05:19 PM
LMAO, I'm Armenian as well and that was Karo just being an Armenian guy and messing with ur ego.

Diaz is stupid saying he's going to pop Karo, you don't disrespect any world class fighter no matter what.
Just cuz hes "world class" doesnt mean he can walk all over people, Nate Diaz was right for not lettin Karo treat him like a peasant.

Thebestever
06-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Just cuz hes "world class" doesnt mean he can walk all over people, Nate Diaz was right for not lettin Karo treat him like a peasant.

I can understand that, I'm not neccesarily defending what Karo did but when he said I wanna talk to you outside to sort things out Nate shouldn't have turned around and said 'NA dogg, if you come close to me I'll pop you'.

I believe Karo realized he went out of line to slap him around as a joke and say 'whats up vato, eh essay?' But I guarantee you when Karo asked to talk to him outside he wanted to just straighten out the situation and let him know he was messing with him and he didn't have to go that far.

Of course Nate has to be the guy with no social skills and act like a ganster, that kid is a straight up punk and needs discipline

TriangleChoke
06-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I can understand that, I'm not neccesarily defending what Karo did but when he said I wanna talk to you outside to sort things out Nate shouldn't have turned around and said 'NA dogg, if you come close to me I'll pop you'.

I believe Karo realized he went out of line to slap him around as a joke and say 'whats up vato, eh essay?' But I guarantee you when Karo asked to talk to him outside he wanted to just straighten out the situation and let him know he was messing with him and he didn't have to go that far.

Of course Nate has to be the guy with no social skills and act like a ganster, that kid is a straight up punk and needs discipline
if someone came at me like karo came at diaz and he wanted to straighten shit out w/me i'd be be just like nate was..i'd say na man im cool right here..we're straight but lets just keep our distance for a while. karo acted like a cocky little bitch, and i hope john fitch smashes his ass

Dan0
06-15-2007, 08:54 PM

Nope. I wouldn't have trusted Karo either outside. He's arrogant, and demonstrated his lack of manners. Nate did the right thing.

Gmunit
06-15-2007, 10:14 PM

i liked how he dealt with that, aside from a little pacing, i just though it was funny the way he said "If he comes near me I'm gonna pop him, how about that?" LOL

Thebestever
06-15-2007, 10:22 PM
You know, I saw the whole thing today again and I take it back. Karo was being a dick and it was dissapointing to see. I don't know how but I missed the entire scene where Karo couldn't control himself outside and was saying I'm embaressed to even care about this because who is this guy? Nate was right for standing up for himself, but at the same time this doesn't mean I'm jumping on the 'I HOPE KARO GET'S KO'D' bandwagon.

Gmunit
06-15-2007, 11:01 PM
i was just on another forum and saw this thread written by Karo:

I hope everybody is doing well and enjoyed last night's episode.
This is not my screenname, im using my friend's.

Just want to let all my fans and UG know that even though I don't post often but I follow this all the time and it's very important for me what fans think and say about me on the UG.

Nate Diaz is a good kid, I have nothing against him. I usually don't joke around with people that I don't know. When I was there for a few days I noticed Nate being cool with me and I liked that because he could've chosen to act different. (Because me vs his bro.) I wanted to be cool with him and joked around the whole time until he took the last one in a wrong way. I was trying to show everybody that I like the kid and totally cool with him too.

I appreciated him being the cool guy that he was but he misunderstood and thought I was punking him.

I'm going to be on SHERDOG RADIO in 10 minutes at 12:30pm. I'm going to talk about this.

obviously i can't confirm that it's really him, but sounds legit

(hope this isn't a re-post, didn't search the other pages)

dan the man 67
06-24-2007, 10:40 AM
I was a fan of Karo's, but lost a lot of respect after this whole thing with Diaz. He came off acting liking a real jerk off. He walked in there, expecting to be treated like a king, like everyone was going to bow down to the "Great Karo". Do you think he would have done the same thing if he would have walked into a room full of heavyweights? I don't think so. He just wanted to feel like the dominant male, and came off looking like a fucking scumbag.

I don't blame Diaz for getting as pissed as he did.

philly1
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
i wanna see nate smash him

SimpleJack
06-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Blah....Karo would beat the lisp out of him.....lol.