PDA

View Full Version : Cotto vs Judah Discussion

Afro
06-10-2007, 04:25 AM
The Bobby Pacquiao vs Humbero Sotto fight was Good! that knockout was brutal, Bobby was spittin blood.

The first fight sucked ass, but the 2nd fight made up for it.. I think the JCC fight is gonna top this one, its like there passin a baton tonight.

Like I said, passin the Baton! and JCC Jr is the future!

SimpleJack
06-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Zab looks like a sniper tonight, but Cotto is taking it all and walking him down. Not a bad fight at all. Cotto's chin is good, but bad. He gets stunned really easily, but comes back pretty well. Reminds me of Wanderlei.

Afro
06-10-2007, 05:39 AM
He looks like Wandy too lol

man the last 4 rounds of this fight could suck ass and this would still be a great fight.

SimpleJack
06-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Zab tried, but that frantic pace and relentless assault are way too much for him. Zab looked like himself from time to time, but just looks like he's giving up to me.

Caine2878
06-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Judah is the biggest waste of talent I have ever seen. He could destroy Cotto if he applied himself but he has no focus whatsoever.

SimpleJack
06-10-2007, 05:53 AM
I wouldn't say that, the pace was just too much. Cotto probably saved himself a KO by throwing the first low blow, but he won pretty soundly in my estimation.

Caine2878
06-10-2007, 05:56 AM
Man Zab could have did basically anything he wanted but he just didn't apply himself. He had cotto hurt a few times but didn't try to finish him. I would like to see cotto fight ssm.

Punk Ass
06-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Man Zab could have did basically anything he wanted but he just didn't apply himself. He had cotto hurt a few times but didn't try to finish him. I would like to see cotto fight ssm.

Zab should have got in there and banged it out. All that pitty pat jab stuff doesn't get it. Cotto is a fighter and he went in there and did what he had to do. I do think it was an early stoppage though.

Zab needs to hang em up. He just can't cut it with the big dogs.

BTW, JCCjr is the truth like I said and will be a force. Maybe more than his father, who knows.

eskobar23
06-10-2007, 06:16 AM
zab had quickness but he is one dimensional . what i mean by that is he relies on his left too much, and today he didnt throw it enough against a guy like cotto who leaves himself open for the big punch u have to throw that left more often but he didnt throw enough and cotto won . rematch doubtful , i say take margarito after he beats paul williams and margarito and cotto would be big , i'll put my money on margarito who loves to throw punches in bunches !

Salvy_Mic
06-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Sadly, I didn't get to watch this fight, I'm not in a position right now to buy PPVs. I did, however, see the Tarver/Muriqi fight...it was actually pretty good, real entertaining. Tarver got a majority decision, but it should have been unanimous for Tarver. Muriqi put up a good fight, showed a lot of heart, but Tarver simply got the better of him. I scored it 116-112, judges had it 114-114, 115-113, and 116-112.

Punk Ass
06-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Sadly, I didn't get to watch this fight, I'm not in a position right now to buy PPVs. I did, however, see the Tarver/Muriqi fight...it was actually pretty good, real entertaining. Tarver got a majority decision, but it should have been unanimous for Tarver. Muriqi put up a good fight, showed a lot of heart, but Tarver simply got the better of him. I scored it 116-112, judges had it 114-114, 115-113, and 116-112.

I was trying to flip back and forth but that fight paled in comparison to Judah vs Cotto honestly. That fight also showed that Tarver really isn't that good either. Chad Dawson is gonna beat him silly when they fight.

Salvy_Mic
06-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I read a round by round of the Cotto/Judah fight, and it sounded like it was really good. I'm not complaining though, I made the best of my situation. And I agree, Dawson kills Tarver. That is, if Tarver deigns to bless Dawson with such an opportunity to challenge the "People's Champ". *note sarcasm*
But, Dawson by KO, round 8.

Thaistylist
06-10-2007, 07:41 AM
judah cost me money that fuckin twat

Dork8503
06-10-2007, 07:12 PM
judah cost me money that fuckin twat

LOL

Far better then Oscar vs PBF

Noise Chopped
06-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Hah! Cotto fucking won - GOOD. I'm glad. Zab just doesn't have the power. He just doesn't - Gives credence to the theory that you're either born with it, or not. Zab Judah's not. Someone mentioned Cotto's chin in this thread, and I just couldn't have seen Cotto going down by a Judah punch.

Didn't think it was an early stoppage, Cotto won, and I would hope he gets Antonio Margarito next. Now THAT'll be interesting.

As for Judah, don't really care really. I hope he puts an end to this retarded "bad boy" persona that I see a lot of fighters trying to pull off. It's annoying, and grills are corny as fucking hell (KILL THE GRILL MOVEMENT). I read a couple of people reply that Zab Judah could have won if. Could have won if, could have won if, yadda yadda yadda. Well, Judah didn't - So he lost. Cotto over Judah, whether anyone likes it or not. I, for one, am thrilled about it.

Takes me back to Friday Night Fights when Zab said he has more Puerto Rican fans in NY than Cotto - HAH. Go Cotto.

Punk Ass
06-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Hah! Cotto fucking won - GOOD. I'm glad. Zab just doesn't have the power. He just doesn't - Gives credence to the theory that you're either born with it, or not. Zab Judah's not. Someone mentioned Cotto's chin in this thread, and I just couldn't have seen Cotto going down by a Judah punch.

Didn't think it was an early stoppage, Cotto won, and I would hope he gets Antonio Margarito next. Now THAT'll be interesting.

As for Judah, don't really care really. I hope he puts an end to this retarded "bad boy" persona that I see a lot of fighters trying to pull off. It's annoying, and grills are corny as fucking hell (KILL THE GRILL MOVEMENT). I read a couple of people reply that Zab Judah could have won if. Could have won if, could have won if, yadda yadda yadda. Well, Judah didn't - So he lost. Cotto over Judah, whether anyone likes it or not. I, for one, am thrilled about it.

Takes me back to Friday Night Fights when Zab said he has more Puerto Rican fans in NY than Cotto - HAH. Go Cotto.

Judah does have power, just not in this division. Remember he went up in weight and that's why Cotto looks so much bigger.

jcflores
06-11-2007, 05:38 AM
What a great fight this was. Every one here was ecstatic that Cotto won! Leave it to a puertorican to save boxing. :afro:

Salvy_Mic
06-11-2007, 07:20 AM
If Cotto gets to fight, and beat, Floyd Mayweather, than yeah, he's probably that mythical "savior" that boxing's been looking for. But seriously, what's not to like? He's technically sound (if not great, but pretty good), he's got serious power, he comes forward and looks to fight, and there's always a chance in any of his fights that he could get KO'd, as well as KO'ing the other guy. Not only that, but he's a humble, respectful young man who's working hard on improving his English to be more marketable in the U.S., something a lot of other Latin American fighters don't even bother. The only other ones I know who speak good English were Marco Antonio Barrera and Alexis Arguello.

But let's wait and see what happens in his next fight, against the winner of the Antonio Margarito/Paul Williams fight. Against either, he'd be up against a bigger guy who won't get pushed around easy, if at all. Especially Margarito, who's got a chin of granite and throws punches in bunches, most of which have serious steam on them. And Williams is a tall, rangy southpaw, and Judah showed that you can get through to Cotto with straight lefts and uppercuts.

I look forward more to Cotto/Margarito though, I always like anything that's Mexico vs. Puerto Rico, and Margarito, like Cotto, comes to fight. It should be nothing less than an out and out brawl.

JimmyMoore
06-11-2007, 03:58 PM
If Cotto gets to fight, and beat, Floyd Mayweather, than yeah, he's probably that mythical "savior" that boxing's been looking for. But seriously, what's not to like? He's technically sound (if not great, but pretty good), he's got serious power, he comes forward and looks to fight, and there's always a chance in any of his fights that he could get KO'd, as well as KO'ing the other guy. Not only that, but he's a humble, respectful young man who's working hard on improving his English to be more marketable in the U.S., something a lot of other Latin American fighters don't even bother. The only other ones I know who speak good English were Marco Antonio Barrera and Alexis Arguello.

But let's wait and see what happens in his next fight, against the winner of the Antonio Margarito/Paul Williams fight. Against either, he'd be up against a bigger guy who won't get pushed around easy, if at all. Especially Margarito, who's got a chin of granite and throws punches in bunches, most of which have serious steam on them. And Williams is a tall, rangy southpaw, and Judah showed that you can get through to Cotto with straight lefts and uppercuts.

I look forward more to Cotto/Margarito though, I always like anything that's Mexico vs. Puerto Rico, and Margarito, like Cotto, comes to fight. It should be nothing less than an out and out brawl.

Great post.

Afro
06-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Cotto is already that savior IMO, did you hear the crowd? I bet you Dana White wouldnt dare comment on the energy in that arena, he filled it up! I bet you anything that if Cotto continues to win he will be a much bigger draw then Trinidad, hes already got more heart then Tito. Cotto is just gonna keep rising, hopefully he gets name fights vs Floyd AND OSCAR, hell Oscar would be a perfect retirement match.. Oscar is gonna draw no matter who you put him against so what better way to get a bunch of people to watch Cotto? and its a Mexico vs PR thing, Cotto fighting Margarito will be good, Cotto vs Floyd would be damn good, SSM Would be a dangerous fight for him though. Cotto is gonna be the man in boxing soon.

Caine2878
06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't think u can call him savior based on that crowd. That was a NY PR crowd of course he is going to get that reaction. I don't think he can get that same reaction in Vegas. I will hold of crowning him until he faces some other name comp like Margarito. I would even like to see him face SSM.

Afro
06-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't think u can call him savior based on that crowd. That was a NY PR crowd of course he is going to get that reaction. I don't think he can get that same reaction in Vegas. I will hold of crowning him until he faces some other name comp like Margarito. I would even like to see him face SSM.
That was just the first step though, I mean Trinidad took that first step and went on from there to be a huge draw.. Cotto will most likely do the same.

Salvy_Mic
06-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I think a Cotto fight would do well in Vegas, its not like Puerto Rico or even New York is that far away from Las Vegas. I mean, Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton fans travel from overseas to watch their guy fight in Vegas. In this case, a Cotto/Judah fight is a no-brainer for New York though, just as the first Mosley/De La Hoya fight was a no-brainer to take place in L.A.: Oscar, of course, is from East L.A. and lives in Whittier, which is a pretty close suburb, and Shane is from Pomona, another suburb of L.A. and only a 20 minute drive from Whittier.

However, Cotto is a major draw now, much bigger than the two other guys he could fight next, Margarito or Williams. Arum says that MSG wants to bring Cotto back in November, and most likely, it'll be against either Margarito or Williams. And don't forget, Margarito has a pretty devoted Mexican fanbase too that'll travel for him, and there's quite a few Mexicans in New York already who'll be vocal for Margarito. Of course, it'll still be overwhelmingly pro-Cotto, just as a fight in L.A. would be overwhelmingly pro-Margarito.

klev1
06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Great fight. I don't know why Judah wouldn't let his hands go (i guess it's easier to say it since i'm not the one getting punched).

Also, not too impressed with Humberto Soto, Manny kills him if they fight.