PDA

View Full Version : Bisping's first fight

BigJoe111
07-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Who should the Brit fight first? I was thinking someone else from the show like Matt Hammill, I don't know. Possibly Van Arsdale?

killerinstinct
07-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Keith Jardine so we can get a good gage as to where he's at.

phresh
07-23-2006, 03:20 PM
They'll never stick him against someone as 'good' as jardine. His first couple of fights will be against opponents that the UFC will be confident he can beat. I think he'll have a couple of fights before he gets put up against sme decent 'named' competition.

ddoggma
07-23-2006, 03:45 PM
LOL Yeah. Keith is too good at this point for Bis. He could win, but why risk it. KJ is coming off some tough fights against some good talent, So, I think hes kind of on a roll cause he has been fighting so much.Feed him Leben...He can try and make it look like a fight for a while then get tapped out.:grinsmile1:

Ray C
07-23-2006, 04:21 PM
:devil: Bas kicked ass

manntis818
07-24-2006, 07:16 AM
they are probable going to put him up against a new commer or i would say mabe rob mcdonald

ccl2087
07-25-2006, 11:45 PM
I'd expect to see him fight a new guy, or someone like Wes Combs

gsp06
07-26-2006, 02:14 AM
they are probable going to put him up against a new commer or i would say mabe rob mcdonald
actually that sounds pretty realistic, would not be suprsised at all to see this one happen.

CreepingDeth
07-27-2006, 05:15 AM
I'd expect to see him fight a new guy, or someone like Wes Combs
I dunno Wes Combs is a bad man. I know he lost against Nickels who looked horrible but maybe all the hype about choking in the big show is true. Ive seen 4 or 5 of his fights and he destroyed the opponents. All his fights besides the UFN one are 1st round tko. Although it may not be against good competition he still has tremendous power and always has a chance of knocking someone out. I just hope he learned from his loss and can come back strong and make a name for himself.

sgthorse
07-28-2006, 07:24 AM
hoa about chris lieben? how muh difference is the weight?

killerinstinct
07-28-2006, 07:57 AM
leben fights at Middle weight(185) and Bisping fights at Light Heavy weight (205)

CreepingDeth
07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Leben fights at 185 and Bisping at 205

CreepingDeth
07-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Leben fights at 185 and Bisping at 205
oops, too late

Hypergit
07-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Bisping could make 185 easily (if that's what he wants)

I doubt whether he would bother just to KTFO Leben though.

git.

killerinstinct
07-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Bisping could make 185 easily (if that's what he wants)

I doubt whether he would bother just to KTFO Leben though.

git.
I don't know how easy Bisping could make 185 he's like 6'2 and doesn't have a whole lot of fat to cut weight.

HughesMark
08-11-2006, 07:08 AM
personally i would like to c him fight fellow Ultimate Fighter and fellow englander, Ross Pointon. On the show it seemed like Ross had tell he got hit with a flying knee (if i remember correctly)

AJL416AZ
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
why would he fight Ross for the 3rd time?
he beat him decisively twice, once with an armbar, and another time with a TKO.
i think Ross is a good guy with a fighter's mentality, but its a waste to have a rematch

i do think that Bisping could probably make 185, he's not particularly cut up at 205, and he could cut some water.

but about MacDonald. Bisping absolutely destroyed his competition in England, it's pretty much necessary to be truly dominant in order to gain a shot at the big show, a la UFC or Pride

mattsoper
08-11-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't understand why he hasn't had a fight yet...with forrest they put him on UFC 53 like what a month or a bit after he won TUF 1

I hope he is on the UFC 63 card cause I wanna see if he is still gonna preform on a bigger stage

RaiderRob71
08-13-2006, 09:00 AM
What about Bisping against Wilson Gouviea? I think that would be a good tune up fight against a decent young fighter. I do think in the end Bisping would come out as the winner. Thoughts please.

BigJoe111
08-13-2006, 04:32 PM
What about Bisping against Wilson Gouviea? I think that would be a good tune up fight against a decent young fighter. I do think in the end Bisping would come out as the winner. Thoughts please.
Not bad, I think that could potentially be excellent, the problem is the LHW division is so weak that Bisping won't fight anyone on his level until he gets a fight against Babalu or LIddell, both who would destroy him. I think that he would walk through either Bonnar or Forrest because they are both extremely sloppy. But I think Gouviea would be a good start followed by either Jardine or the loser of Forrest/Bonnar II.

Beatts35
08-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I'ld love to see Mike fight Jardine. But that won't happen in '06 maybe in '07. Dana won't put Hamill and Bisping in a fight for awhile late '07 if at all.They have to much to lose with marketing and the direction Dana is going in with the TUF fighters to risk an early UFC loss like that on either of their records. I think that they will give Rob MacDonald the fight, which should be a good one, given how talented they both are. We'll see if Rob can fight someone as explosive and tuff as Bisping has proven to be. And then I see Bisping getting to beatup on Mike Whitehead. Those will be his first intro to the UFC fights, guys who will put on a show but probably loose to him 8/10 times. Then a fight like Jardine or Forrest, before getting to fight some of the top 5 205's.

dukefan72
08-29-2006, 10:15 PM
how about Vernon White? That would be a great KO win for The Count

BigJoe111
08-29-2006, 11:01 PM
how about Vernon White? That would be a great KO win for The Count
You aren't giving Vernon White enough credit, yeah he got knocked out by Chuck but he also stunned Chiuck in that fight and at one point had Chuck looking to see how long it would be before the round was over. Listen Vernon WHite is a bad man, Bisping could quite possibly get beaten. He has a chin that appears to be suspect, ie the fight with Ross where he got stunned early, if that happened against White he would be finished because Vernon wouldn't allow him the time to walk aroudn the octagon and recover. I personally think that Vernon White should be in the UFC and should be a top contender, so man Bisping might win but this is no sure thing.

bigc
08-30-2006, 01:00 AM
he didnt rock chuck he slipped that was an ass whoopin vernon white has 28 losses on his record chuck dominated hi from the start vernon white sucks

BigJoe111
08-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Whether you think Vernon White Sucks or not he is still too good for Bisping to fight first. I go back to someone earlier saying Rob MacDonald. That is more along the lines of who he needs to fight. By the way Vernon White has lost his share of fights but most have been against high quality opponents and he does hold wins over the likes of Jeremy Horn and I believe Mike Van Arsdale. He may not be great but he is a good fighter.

BigJoe111
08-30-2006, 01:44 AM
I was wrong about his wins but he does hold wins over high caliber opponents like Marvin Eastman, David Terrell, and most impressivly Vladimir Matyushenko. Wins like that speak for themselves

hottemperdrican
08-30-2006, 05:57 AM
I actually think they should give Bisping a real fight!
Like Babalu, Keith Jardine, or Jason Lambert. That way
he could properly establish himself as a top contender.
I can't take anything away from Bisping but he really does
have to put away a real name before he could move on to
his rightful place in the UFC!

warrior06
08-30-2006, 07:28 AM
Bisping vs Rashad Evans

Battle of the Ultimate Fighters!!

Legend
08-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Im sure the UFC is going to want to feed him somebody there confident he will beat. Maybe bring back James Irvin. Could make for a decent fight.

drunksincerity
08-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Well at least one of them would be able to finish a fight. Rashad fights are auto piss breaks.

Sinatra
08-30-2006, 09:28 PM

If that's the case...RIP McDonald. Just saying....

Legend
08-30-2006, 09:31 PM
If that's the case...RIP McDonald. Just saying....

I have a burning hatred in my soul for Rob McDonald.

bowler91383
11-14-2006, 11:34 PM
i think bisping vs matt hamill would be a great fight. i don't think he could beat hamill though so they probably won't do it until later on. maybe a ppv where tito is in the main event and that as an undercard match? we will see

iced
11-14-2006, 11:40 PM
i think bisping vs matt hamill would be a great fight. i don't think he could beat hamill though so they probably won't do it until later on. maybe a ppv where tito is in the main event and that as an undercard match? we will see

he'd absolutely destroy hamill!!! hamill proved how week his game was when he fought last month on tuf night. his stand up was very poor. matt hamill is a very strong guy with a great heart, but needs a lot more training. in time, i think he will be a very good fighter.....just needs more time and training.

adriandmangan
11-14-2006, 11:46 PM
would have to agree, would like to see this fight, even see bisping fight someone else.
I believe bisping would finish him, and if not would land alot more.
In my mind i'd like to see forest vs bisping.
That would be a great fight and i believe bisping has the talent to go far in the ufc.
Whats the problem, work visa?

adriandmangan
11-16-2006, 08:50 PM
i don't know, someone good, he'll not get his but kicked anyway.
Man that nickols is shite, eyes closed most of the fight and runs away from punches. Come on this guy claims he fought all his life growing up, i can't see it.
I think he got beat up a lot when he was growing up and now wants to try to prove something in the ring.
Anyone that looses to him should find a new career.
Bisping rocks, van arsdale would be a good test, hard fight.

:fingersmilie: Best fighter i've seen on any tuf.

Dork8503
12-20-2006, 12:55 PM
i really liked bisping on tuf but is there somthing im missing here i keeping seeing people talk about him, so if im missing somthing could someone help me out because until he beats some guys im not saying either way if he will be great or not

AudieMurphy1
12-20-2006, 05:42 PM
i really liked bisping on tuf but is there somthing im missing here i keeping seeing people talk about him, so if im missing somthing could someone help me out because until he beats some guys im not saying either way if he will be great or not

i'm with you all the way, just glad i'm not the only one looking at bisping unbiasedly

strife
12-21-2006, 07:11 AM
i'm with you all the way, just glad i'm not the only one looking at bisping unbiasedly

my thoughts exactly

Dork8503
12-21-2006, 08:19 AM
is someone going to fill us in on why he is so great

icecount8
01-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Bisping, who is one of my favorite fighters is already fully capable of fighting, and beating a guy like Jardine, someone had said they won't have him fight Jardine yet because he's not ready for him, However because a guy hasn't had many UFC fights doesn't mean he just started fighting, Bisping has been tearin fighters up in the U.K. for a few years now. Anyway, i have huge confidence in The Count, he is capable of fighting anyone in the light-heavy weight class, and i think he would beat the majority of the class, thats how good i think he is, and will prove to be.
His next fight should be vs. Jardine, i would love to see it, my $ is on Mike.

David Crow
01-05-2007, 04:33 AM
Highly doubt he's fighting Jardine next.

iced
01-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Highly doubt he's fighting Jardine next.

i agree, the ufc will pad his record as they do with rashad evans. he will fight cans for the next year.

crosscheck19
01-07-2007, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't put my money on Bisping if he fought Jardine.

AudieMurphy1
01-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't put my money on Bisping if he fought Jardine.

me niether

Dork8503
01-29-2007, 08:53 AM
i dont see why not, jardine isnt that good, he is a average fighter, right now bisping is a average fighter too but alot better striker. i would bet on him