PDA

View Full Version : VOTE HERE: Only members with a 'rep' of at least 35-50 can post pics or vids

ChuckBooty
06-13-2007, 01:18 AM
This would put a stop to all the bullshit that's been going on around here lately. What do ya say?

ChuckBooty
06-13-2007, 01:19 AM
I'll go ahead and vote 'Yes' here....:banghead:

Chute
06-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I think if the cap for rep is 200+ we should make it from 50-75. That way we can play it safer.

ChuckBooty
06-13-2007, 01:22 AM
I say the MODs can figure out the exact cut-off. But this idea would stop all the spamming we've been getting.

valheruking
06-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Rep on this site has come to mean little or nothing and enough can be gained in one day, i think if people are serious about it, it should be a minimum number of posts required, maybe 50 or 100.

Nate_Deezy
Hey....this was my idea. I feel special that it was good enough to have someone else make a topic about it lol. Anyway, obviously I vote yes.

Chute
The only down fall of MMA getting big are these douche bags parating on our discussion and lately they are here just to start shit. Drives me nuts. The post thing is a good idea too because if they can make lets say 200 post then they managered to not get banned at that point so they should be good

twankydawg
06-13-2007, 01:29 AM
I think it would stop all these lamebrain limpdick fucking trollers from posting their gay legion photos and send them packing back to their moms..........you know moms misses them. :fingersmilie:

TapOut27
06-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Why not have a Rep count and Post count, eliminates all possibilities.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
06-13-2007, 01:33 AM
i say make it 50

CHUCKtheCHAMP
06-13-2007, 01:34 AM
The only down fall of MMA getting big are these douche bags parating on our discussion and lately they are here just to start shit. Drives me nuts. The post thing is a good idea too because if they can make lets say 200 post then they managered to not get banned at that point so they should be good

yeah i agree with 200 post also..

Chute
06-13-2007, 01:36 AM
I would rather see a post count, because some ppl wont get a lot of ''rep'' because there just learning about the sport.

Severn
06-13-2007, 01:38 AM
I trust the mods judgment on figuring out the cut-off rep count but yeah these types of spam posts are unnecessary and unwelcome here.

petey
06-13-2007, 01:44 AM
damn well i guess i need some rep then

ChuckBooty
06-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Honestly I don't think that the 'rep' count needs to be all that high. These guys aren't gonna spend several hours to an entire day to get up to 20 or 30 in order to post nasty pics. And if they do...they're banned on the first picture and they gotta spend an entire other day before they can do it again.

jcmichaels42
06-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Even though I don't fall into either category at this point in time, I don't mind if you guys institute this rule. I like to hang around here and read the posts and once in a while post my thoughts (if I ever have any)

But if this stops a bunch of dummies from coming on the site and spamming and shit like that, then I'm all for it.

ddoggma
06-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Rep and posts probably would be best. Glad I missed their shananagins.

joeyt
06-13-2007, 02:12 AM
I like the idea of limiting the posters but in all fairness to myself I have a decent rep count by I don't post all that often and anyone that recognizes my posting knows that I don't B.S. And I don't really care because I don't post vids or pics since I suck at computers so whatever the mods decide is fine by me, they're doing a great job so far.

Nate_Deezy
06-13-2007, 03:29 AM
I like the idea of limiting the posters but in all fairness to myself I have a decent rep count by I don't post all that often and anyone that recognizes my posting knows that I don't B.S. And I don't really care because I don't post vids or pics since I suck at computers so whatever the mods decide is fine by me, they're doing a great job so far.

That's why I think it should go by rep rather than number of posts. There are some people on here who don't have very many posts, but whenever they do post it's insightful and relevant, so they get rep for doing so. Take rivethead for example. The guy only has 219 posts but has 200+ rep so obviously he should be allowed to contribute whenever he wants whereas a guy with 500+ posts with a 15-20 something rep score shouldn't because while he's not a troll by any means, he's most likely doing empty posting and not really contributing any input that people feel worthy of note.

franco727
06-13-2007, 03:30 AM
sorry guys i was at work and then went straight to the gym so i have no idea what is happening? what was psoted ?

Gmunit
06-13-2007, 03:39 AM
No way, then we'll have way more "LOL" posts and bullshit like that, we already have double posters as is, and if ya wanna become a member to get the fights then fine, don't make them come to the forums and piss people off for 200 posts

i don't know if I'd have came back here at first if I couldn't have accessed the Pics and Vids (before the "Member's Only" pics and Vids rule), and I understand that kinda the point, but we aren't trying to discourage quality posters, mainly trolls, right??

with this said, i also should add, i rarely contribute to the Pics and Vids section, so take my opinion for what its worth, also Thanks to those who post all the fights in Pics and Vids

Submissionist
06-13-2007, 04:59 AM
I think it should be a certain number of posts instead of rep - some people may post a lot and be BS free but may not have enough rep.

jbart321
06-13-2007, 06:26 AM
It might be ok, but I think the rep system is flawed and unfair in the first place. So, people who abide by rules but don't get rep points would be hurt by this and probably leave. Fix the rep system, then start restricting threads.

baj54
06-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Well i have to agree with that too.There should be some sort of checks and balances going on.You should have "X" amount of post along with "X" amount of rep.And maybe you should only be able to rep someone a certain amount of times or rep someone so many times in a day.This would stop someone from abusing the system too.I dont contribute to the pics and vids section because I dont know how,but i highly appreciate it for those who spend their own time contributing so much good stuff.

binimac
06-13-2007, 06:37 AM
i understand all the hype for the rep and post count but some of us, as much as we wish we could, have a couple of very young kids and a full time job to keep our priorities in line to the point that they cant stay on here and debate enough of chuck vs wand, and is fedor the greatest, or why is tito hated so much, and accumulate rep points. and in my opinion, rep on this site is nothing but certain people showing favoritism. Not to say that some of you haven't busted your asses posting vids and whatnot but maybe thats just my opinion. i just think maybe we should look at the length of time one person has had an active account, or the idea of 200 or more post that was brought up was a decent idea, but i hope we dont go the way of the rep. i understand we never want this place to turn out like the forums over at sherdog so do what you must. im not going anywhere, i just dont want to be limited, or to be thought of as someone who you think will post bullshit spam, or useless info.

just hope i get my point across without sounding like im bitching. thanks
binimac

warrior06
06-13-2007, 06:44 AM
I agree with a lot of the previous posts. But I think it should be a combination of rep and posts.

Has anyone with low rep or posts posted any good pics or vids lately?
Too me, I notice the regulars like Noob and Bullock posting the real "meat" of the pics and vid section.
There should be exceptions like Beatdown and others that come on here everyonce in awhile with good stuff. Also an exception for people that became a member before Jan 2007!?

tapper
06-13-2007, 07:04 AM
at least.

Annihalus
06-13-2007, 07:33 AM
I vote no. I don't have the time in my life to sit around here trying to build up my rep. Don't be elitist. Shame on you!

kc56
06-13-2007, 07:35 AM
It takes good discussion, agreement of your peers, and also time to earn rep points.

Any idiot that wants to troll can come in and rack up more posts than I have in an hour or 2. Good luck getting their rep up fast like that.

I say that it would benefit us to have it based on rep, but possibly a time minimum should be imposed. Trolls seem to have a fairly short attention span. If they have to wait a month, then I doubt they have it in them to wait that long. I would guess it is spur of the moment and quite possibly bordem-driven.

If there is something of true value that a new member wants to post, they could do it by PMing some established member, having them post it, and then hopefully recieving credit for it.

Just my $.02

cpac77
06-13-2007, 07:53 AM
My rep sucks, but I'm the only one to blame for that. I'm all for restricting the ability to post vids & pics.

ChuckBooty
06-13-2007, 07:56 AM
I vote no. I don't have the time in my life to sit around here trying to build up my rep. Don't be elitist. Shame on you!

I understand what you guys are saying. I agree, to an extent...but think about it. All it takes to get 'rep' around here is just some moderate discussion. If all you do is read the forums, why the hell do you want to be able to post pictures?

And if you're brand new and REALLY have a video or a picture that you want us to see...just post the LINK (and maybe a small 'rep appreciated' tag after the link.

Its a shame, but the fact remains that the shit that happened last night HAPPEND. and NOBODY wants to see any of that bullshit again. Nobody...and we shouldn't have to. Like many of you guys I was checking out the threads while my six and four-year-old daughters were playing RIGHT BEHIND ME! I think that this is the best MMA forum (and all around best forum) out there but I won't hesitate to forget about the whole thing if we don't get this place regulated a little better.

AudieMurphy1
06-15-2007, 06:00 PM
I think this is actually a viable solution

Highlander
06-17-2007, 01:30 AM
What does the rep even mean? I thought it was created for people not to make up threads if they had low rep, but they are still able to.

Nobody should be allowed to post pics or videos without 50 or more reps.

Afro
06-17-2007, 02:14 AM
lol @ the people with less then 35-50 votin no

2mcgrath
06-20-2007, 05:58 AM
the rep deal may work.i dont know about the posting deal.because if you guys remember the guy from a week or so ago that racked up 150 some posts in one day before being banned.whos to say they couldnt post up that many in one day again

strife
06-20-2007, 09:06 AM
It should be rep, not posts.....then you know that for the most part people won't be posting pure garbage.

BigBanda
06-20-2007, 05:06 PM
A rep of 30 is not hard to acomplish first off. Just ask to be repd when u make good posts if you have to and it will happen lol.

Something has to be done to stop the crap like posting the nasty pics that happened repeatedly last week.

killerinstinct
06-21-2007, 06:16 AM
I voted no, because newbies to the forum can contribute to the video forum, just like everyone else, I mean it was someone who was somewhat new to the forum that hooked me up with a stream of the K-1 dynamite card, so I vote not.

prophet665
06-22-2007, 04:09 PM
I voted no because I have been on this board for over a year, have contributed to many threads, posted a few pictures, but yet i don't participate in the whole rep game.

The rep thing is kind of weird to me. I get repped down because someone disagrees with my opinion? Huh? Rep me down for being an ass or for making troll like comments, but don't rep me down because I think Henderson is going to beat Jackson.

killerinstinct
06-23-2007, 03:20 AM
Yeah I think the rep system is bullshit, it's more of a popularity thing than anything else, I mean what's next are we going to get little belts by our names?

prophet665
06-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Damn...if that isn't the most ironic thing. I mention I don't play the rep game and some people with a metric shit ton of rep to throw around gave me some.

So, does it make me a hypocrite that I got all warm and fuzzy when I saw that little rep count go up?

I understand what the rep thing is suppose to accomplish. Members get to show who they think is good for the community. I get that...but like killerinstinct said, it turns in to a popularity contest or a way to ding someone down for having a differing opinion.

This latest stuff with the hardcore gay pics being posted is just stuff that every board goes through at some point. I belong to the Howard Stern board ( www.sternfannetwork.com ) also and the way they deal with this is that new members cannot create new threads. New members must make 30 posts in 30 days. They can only reply to threads. They cannot post pictures. They can only post once every thirty minutes.

You would be amazed at how well this system keeps out the people that are just there to cause trouble. After they have made their 30 posts within 30 days they become full members with full privileges.

matto
06-24-2007, 01:36 PM
will somebody please explain to me what rep is and how it works, i havent posed here cause i was very busy and i come back and this whole new system that i dont even know about.:sadsmile1:

Clint
07-07-2007, 05:51 AM
I have changed the settings so that you must have a rep of 30 to see the vids. That should be easily attainable. If there is a problem PM me.

wee jimmy
07-07-2007, 02:16 PM
i agree with what has been done, even though i have a low rep myself, i use THIS SITE for my MMA NEWS not any other one, and the vids were a blessing to get and watch, my problem is everything i find someone else has posted before as the posters in this site are excellent at their job, but i AM DETERMINED to look further to get something not posted before,
one question though, where do i post my first vid if not in the vid section ???? ,

TheWrestlingChamber
07-07-2007, 05:51 PM
I dont have a 30 rep yet so it sucks for me but i agree with the new system. Someone help me get to 30 please LOL!!

valheruking
07-07-2007, 06:23 PM
i agree with what has been done, even though i have a low rep myself, i use THIS SITE for my MMA NEWS not any other one, and the vids were a blessing to get and watch, my problem is everything i find someone else has posted before as the posters in this site are excellent at their job, but i AM DETERMINED to look further to get something not posted before,
one question though, where do i post my first vid if not in the vid section ???? ,
Rep isnt gained solely in the vid section, in fact there are only and handful of members who gain rep that way, and they have been posting vids since before the rep system was around, of course people will rep you if you post a cool vid and its always appreciated, but most of the rep people recieve is gained in the general forum while discussing things, having a laugh about something etc.
Get involved in the discussions and people might notice a good point you bring up here or there or appreciate you giving an answer to a question they had or sometimes simply saying something which is funny.

Clint
07-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I have decided to put this off until monday, so that people have time to get rep before the next event.

wee jimmy
07-07-2007, 08:53 PM
f.a.o. valheruking

cheers, for the tips on this, as i dont want to feel left out of this good thing going on in the forum

gave you a thank you click on your rep