PDA

View Full Version : TUF 5 Finalists *Spoilers*

djkilljoy77
06-13-2007, 08:05 AM
i had just read what matt had typed up about the semi'brackets for tuf 5. i believe i remebering hearing that too. that it would be teammate vs teammate. but just to confirm i was on the ufc site and was looking over the schedule and found an interesting spoiler. as you guys know the last two episodes of tuf 5 will air back to back well when i looked at the two tuf timings on the calender they have. the first show simply spoke about the confrontation b/w karo and nate. but on the second one, heres what it said 'maynard faces nate diaz in the last semi to determine who will fight manny G in the finale'. well they just gave away the first finalist and if going by rumours circulating through out it should be a nate manny finale. im just wondering why would they say teammate vs teammate on todays show when it obvis isnt the case.

Intellectual
06-13-2007, 09:08 AM
do you have a link to where you read this?

cuz i remember some guy on the forum saying his source says Nate and Lauzon are the finalists.

LethalStriker
06-13-2007, 09:15 AM
im just wondering why would they say teammate vs teammate on todays show when it obvis isnt the case.

TV promos for most shows for the upcoming episodes are almost always misleading to make the next episode seem more interesting.

Thane
06-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Nate is fighting Manny in the semi-finals, so no it is not Nate vs Manny in the finale. That would be like....Impossible?? :blink: :blink:

djkilljoy77
06-13-2007, 09:21 AM
heres the link..
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=event.Calendar
move your cursor over the june 14th shows and a small lil box opens up with the preview for it. read the second one which airs at 11pm ET on the 14th for the spoiler

djkilljoy77
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
sorry for the double post but i noticed a 'click here for more info' tab and heres a direct link to anyone having trouble finding this...
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventdetail.home&eid=648
that for the second show. it doesnt give away the winner of the first semi but clearly states the remaining semi is b/w nate and gray eliminating the whole 'teammate vs teammate' concept. the earlier post with the link still shows manny so you can still check that one out

singinkangaroooo
06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
ya i checked it out and that is weird... hmm i think ppl saw the clip of next week of jens flippin out cuz he doesnt want it to be teammate vs teammate maybe dana listens to him and decides that is how it should go?? but i guess for the best finals match the semis should be teammate vs teammate that is just how it falls

Intellectual
06-13-2007, 09:42 AM
so this suggests that Manny defeats Lauzon?

i'm glad to hear this, but i can't imagine HOW manny pulled it off.

the only way i see it happening is by submission. maybe a kimura.

a cool kid marjusunus k
06-13-2007, 10:14 AM
i had just read what matt had typed up about the semi'brackets for tuf 5. i believe i remebering hearing that too. that it would be teammate vs teammate. but just to confirm i was on the ufc site and was looking over the schedule and found an interesting spoiler. as you guys know the last two episodes of tuf 5 will air back to back well when i looked at the two tuf timings on the calender they have. the first show simply spoke about the confrontation b/w karo and nate. but on the second one, heres what it said 'maynard faces nate diaz in the last semi to determine who will fight manny G in the finale'. well they just gave away the first finalist and if going by rumours circulating through out it should be a nate manny finale. im just wondering why would they say teammate vs teammate on todays show when it obvis isnt the case. hey that is totally wrong about the manny g thing in the finals because all it says is

The Ultimate Fighter® 5 episode 12
Premiere: Thursday, 6/14 at 11:00pm
Reairs: Thursday, 6/21 at 11:00pm and Saturday, 6/23 at 8:00pm

It’s mayhem at the Ultimate Fighter House as the fighters go stir crazy. And Gray Maynard faces Nate Diaz in the last semi-final match to determine who will move on to fight in the live finale on June 23rd at the Palms Hotel. so it does not state any thing about manny being in the finale

djkilljoy77
06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
yeah i was over it right now and they obvis changed it. manny's name was put in right in between that line 'to determine who will move on to fight MANNY G. in the live finale'. i bet dana was reading my thread... lol
well either ways it should atleast prove that the semis are going to be a pulver vs penn semi instead of a team mate vs team mate. like the poste above im curious to see how manny takes out lauzon. to be honest i think maybe a desicion (split)

Gurry
06-13-2007, 06:30 PM
how stupid, i liked the teammate vs teammate concept, this shit is retarded

kickass32
06-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I disagree, this is a team concept until the finals........why change it in the semi's. Team Pulver vs. Team Penn until the finals!!!! It wouldn't be the first time teamates have faught in the finals.

ferris0913
06-13-2007, 09:21 PM
someon posted a spoiler about it being Nate vs Joe in the final....

Dork8503
06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Posted on the main site that it will be teammate vs teammate so its going to be Joe vs Grey and Nate vs Manny.

blazeallwayz
06-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey guys, when you open up the official UFC web site, pay attention to the banner about tomorrow night's TUF, it cleary states Lauzon vs. Gamburyan and Diaz vs Maynard...

djkilljoy77
06-13-2007, 11:21 PM
thnx for tht blazeallwayz. yup i guess that confirms its not going to be team mate vs team mate.

Dork8503
06-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Well looks like the main site is wrong.

The forums over at the ultimate fighter seem to believe that it will be teammate vs teammate also

The whole show is ment to make to believe things and not happen, so they want you to think its Joe vs Manny and Diaz vs Grey thats the logic choice. But seeing this season has been different i would belive anything at this point.

Also it says it was announced on ufn last night that it would be teammate vs teammate

lfc38663
06-14-2007, 01:19 AM
everyone nate is fighting manny inn the finals......dana suggests teamate vs teamate but jens shoots it down...manny and diaz when both their fights so they will be in the finals together

Thane
06-14-2007, 01:22 AM
everyone nate is fighting manny inn the finals......dana suggests teamate vs teamate but jens shoots it down...manny and diaz when both their fights so they will be in the finals together

Doesnt it say on Spike TV that it will Manny vs Nate and Gray vs Lauzon for the semi-finals??? I thinky soo.... :blink: :confusedsmilie:

djkilljoy77
06-14-2007, 05:47 AM
thane... go to ufc.com and watch the little banner just above the slideshow. it shows a manny lauzon and diaz maynard semi.

singinkangaroooo
06-14-2007, 05:55 AM
yup they just gave that away on another site too except they were slower than u =P they put up the version w/o Manny G. in it so props to u for finding it so fast ^_^ but i am glad that Joe loses i think Cole pointed out holes in his game so he is not invincible like every1 on this board thought =P

mauladala
06-14-2007, 04:26 PM
It's interesting that Manny would end up fighting Nate in the finals (if the rumour is true) considering the drama that's unfolded between Karo, Manny, and Nate. Coincidence? Better bullshit TV? Making a rivalry to help support the card in which BJ Penn is going to crush Pulver? I dunno...

ferris0913
06-14-2007, 06:17 PM
if this is true, this blows ass. manny is the biggest tool. he's so full of himself and spends all of his time up karo's ass...and Diaz is a pothead...

Joe vs Gray would have been the best fight.