PDA

View Full Version : TUF Season 1

Palma
06-14-2007, 07:17 PM
I have been renting season 1 on Netfix since it's been so long since I saw it last.

It's weird how different the show is from now and it is also strange how the show was just like every other reality show with elimination challenges.

There is also some serious after the fact editing in the meetings with Dana, Randy, and Chuck that I found funny (especially since I never noticed it before).

It really did propell allot of talent into the mix that we are watching now with: Diego, Kenflo, Mike Swick, Bonnar, Forrest, Koscheck, Leben, and Quarry.

Onw thing that stands out is Leben. That guy really is the biggest POS the show has ever had.

Has anyone else watched them recently?

Dork8503
06-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I have been renting season 1 on Netfix since it's been so long since I saw it last.

It's weird how different the show is from now and it is also strange how the show was just like every other reality show with elimination challenges.

There is also some serious after the fact editing in the meetings with Dana, Randy, and Chuck that I found funny (especially since I never noticed it before).

It really did propell allot of talent into the mix that we are watching now with: Diego, Kenflo, Mike Swick, Bonnar, Forrest, Koscheck, Leben, and Quarry.

Onw thing that stands out is Leben. That guy really is the biggest POS the show has ever had.

Has anyone else watched them recently?

No but i just got netflex, its awesome

Howie
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM
i bought the dvds last year and watched the whole season. its been sittin on the shelf since

neonatural45
06-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I thought that season was fucking amazing while it was happening but then when I look back It isnt so great. I think I was just stoked to have a sport id only been watching for about 6 months start to get exposure. They have replayed all TUF seasons on sportscentre in Canada so I have been watching them there

ugotrampaged
06-15-2007, 06:53 PM
A buddy got me into ufc a few months back and now I am hooked. I cant get enough of it. But I was wondering where I could pick up the old TUF dvds?

a cool kid marjusunus k
06-16-2007, 10:29 PM
i bought the dvds last year and watched the whole season. its been sittin on the shelf since
what are sig bets and what do they do

Palma
06-22-2007, 06:11 PM
So I was watching the episode where Kenny Florian fights Chris Leben and Dana was commenting on how they found Kenny for the show because they went to watch a fight of his to evaluate his opponent and Kenny ended up winning the fight. I checked out to see who the fighter that was supposed to be on the show and it was Drew Ficket. I just thought it was interesting.

blah
06-22-2007, 09:02 PM
So I was watching the episode where Kenny Florian fights Chris Leben and Dana was commenting on how they found Kenny for the show because they went to watch a fight of his to evaluate his opponent and Kenny ended up winning the fight. I checked out to see who the fighter that was supposed to be on the show and it was Drew Ficket. I just thought it was interesting.
yeah, funny how dana didn't mention fickett by name. but fickett won by split, heard that it was definitely controversial and dana was impressed by florian and invited him on. also even more impressive considering florian walks around at the ww limit (approx.), and fickett has to cut weight to make 170. would have been interesting to see fickett on the show though, i'm not sure if he could have beaten leben, but dunno, matchups mb would have been different.

Howie
06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
wasnt florian 185 for the show

Palma
06-23-2007, 02:35 AM
wasnt florian 185 for the show

Yes, and so was Diego and Koscheck. And Swick was a LHW...

mma guru
10-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Leben= ED herman