PDA

View Full Version : Bas vs. Couture

ArMnHC
07-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Who would have won this fight, had it ever taken place? As much a Couture fan I've always been, I'd give the slight edge to Bas...what do ya'll think?

cjfox78
07-23-2006, 01:09 AM
I'll take randy

killerinstinct
07-23-2006, 02:55 AM
Randy Couture would KILL Bas.Randy isn't some no name wanna be pee on wrestler who took a fight on short notice.Randy is one of the best ever.

Intellectual
07-23-2006, 03:31 AM
this would be an incredible match up.

Randy is one of the best ever without a doubt...but so is Bas Rutten. Both have different styles of fighting, and i think this could go either way.

matto
07-23-2006, 03:46 AM
both great fighters, but couture would easily win this by ground and pound, but bas is no chump, one of the best ever just like couture but not as good as couture.

Legend
07-23-2006, 05:08 AM
both great fighters, but couture would easily win this by ground and pound, but bas is no chump, one of the best ever just like couture but not as good as couture.

Agreed and big surprise who Killer would vote for

matto
07-23-2006, 06:06 AM
killer always sticks to a certain guy like couture or that damm lee murry. i think it's time to pay him a little visit to shut him up.

jk:grinsmile1: (but not really i hate ur fucking guts)

WandAXE
07-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I dont understand have you guys seen Bas in his prime?, not many people in the world could beat him. To say Randy would beat him is too much Credit for one guy.

Ohphishul
07-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I dont understand have you guys seen Bas in his prime?, not many people in the world could beat him. To say Randy would beat him is too much Credit for one guy. my exact thinking

killerinstinct
07-23-2006, 05:47 PM
I dont understand have you guys seen Bas in his prime?, not many people in the world could beat him. To say Randy would beat him is too much Credit for one guy.
Who has he ever beat?He fought a bunch of fighters with recors of like 19-16 and 21-20.He never beat anyone that good except maybe Frank and That was only by split descion and a cut.Bas was submitted twice by Ken Shamrock for god's sake and you actually think he stands a chance with Randy???Bas was good ,but not great.

BTW don't throw out names like Metzger or Maurice Smith.You can maybey say T.K. ,but that's pushing it.

matto
07-23-2006, 06:19 PM
bas is an excellent fighter and former ufc and pan champion and one of the best ever but id go with couture.

WandAXE
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Who has he ever beat?He fought a bunch of fighters with recors of like 19-16 and 21-20.He never beat anyone that good except maybe Frank and That was only by split descion and a cut.Bas was submitted twice by Ken Shamrock for god's sake and you actually think he stands a chance with Randy???Bas was good ,but not great.

BTW don't throw out names like Metzger or Maurice Smith.You can maybey say T.K. ,but that's pushing it.
So Randy has beatn who? Chuck and Tito? Randys peak was good Im a fan, but Bas was to good in his prime, he was a GREAT fighter. Trust me Im not going on what I seen recently. Im talking about his prime.

killerinstinct
07-24-2006, 04:55 PM
So Randy has beatn who? Chuck and Tito? Randys peak was good Im a fan, but Bas was to good in his prime, he was a GREAT fighter. Trust me Im not going on what I seen recently. Im talking about his prime.
Randy has also beaten Vitor Belfort,Jeremy Horn,Pedro Rizzo,Chuck Liddell,and Tito Ortiz.That's a lot better than the competition that Bas has beaten.

WandAXE
07-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Randy has also beaten Vitor Belfort,Jeremy Horn,Pedro Rizzo,Chuck Liddell,and Tito Ortiz.That's a lot better than the competition that Bas has beaten.
Ill give you Rizzo , but Horn and Belfort. Horn way to small , Vitor at that time was not the Phenom he was.

killerinstinct
07-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Ill give you Rizzo , but Horn and Belfort. Horn way to small , Vitor at that time was not the Phenom he was.
He beat Vitor twice give him some crdeit.Who has Bas beaten?????

WandAXE
07-24-2006, 05:14 PM
He beat Vitor twice give him some crdeit.Who has Bas beaten????? You mentioned the names earlier. Vitor was on his decline in those days . Bas would out strike him , he is to smart of a fighter to go to the ground, Mourie Smith is no joke he helped change the game, TK wasnt bad . Mezger I can give you. Frank Shamrock is a better fighter than most of the people you named. He lost to Ken, but that was when he really didnt have a ground game.

killerinstinct
07-24-2006, 07:36 PM
He beat Maurice early in his carear and maurice has a record of 11-9.Plus Randy has beat Maurice as well.Mezger is kinda of the same thing he lost early in his carear and Guy doesn't have the best record either he's lost 14 times.You said T.K. and that's still kind of pushing it.Randy has beaten him too and he's lost 11 times in his carear.The only person any good that Bas ever beat was Frank Shamrock and like I said earlier it was only by a split descion and a cut.Bas is over rated.He's good ,but not great.People are saying he could out strike Chuck than out wrestle Couture is humorous!!!He'd get the snot beat out of him by both of these fighters.It wouldn't even be close.

Bran
07-24-2006, 08:15 PM
i think bas could take randy standing, but no matter how much he worked on his ground game it wouldn't help him against randy. killer has a clear bias to randy, but c'mon, its couture! its not like he's saying that mike swick is the best fighter ever. randy's probably the best fighter MMA has ever seen. and he started his career in his mid 30s. imagine if he came in during his 20s. bas did a lot too, but at that time the competition was a lot less stiff. thats when mma still had a lot of karate guys and tae kwon do guys.