PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel Dana slighted Gray?

Steel
06-16-2007, 02:27 PM
That fight to me, seemed like it was all Gray until the sudden submission.

Dana seemed like he reacted only to Diaz..not much recognition of what Gray had done. I thought that kind of lousy. Am I missing something?

Highlander
06-16-2007, 03:47 PM
I thought it was weird that Dana siad that as well. Gray was whooping Nate. Yes Nate had submission attempts, but nothing serious. Dana is a weird guy.

sandywh
06-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Dana White loves submission guys. I thought that Gray was winning the fight, but with all of the subs Nate was attempting kind of nuetralized what Gray was doing. Most guys don't attempt that many subs in a year. Nate, Dana, the coaches, and probably most everyone else knew that that they saw Nate going after any opening to try a submission that it was only a matter of time before Nate sunk one in or Gray KO'd him trying. It made for a great fight. Nate's style is a text book example of what a true BJJ guy is.

Eat the punches, pull guard, eat more punches, keep putting on subs until he finally gets caught in one.

rivethead
06-17-2007, 04:36 PM
I thought it was weird that Dana siad that as well. Gray was whooping Nate. Yes Nate had submission attempts, but nothing serious. Dana is a weird guy.

Don't be seduced by a little blood.

I disagree about "nothing serious." Nate put on a submission clinic...I thought the first round was 50/50, as opposed to whooping on Nate. When a wrestler fights a BJJ guy, they're going to get the takedowns. It doesn't make it impressive, as BJJ guys like the ground. If Gray had had big slams or even violently opposed takedowns that he still carried out, I'd have seen it as a whooping. The cut was flashy, but honestly--nothing serious.

Gray needs to add more dimension to his game.

rh

jukon
06-17-2007, 06:15 PM
What was sudden about the submission? You make it sound was though Nate was lying on his back doing nothing but taking punches then out of nowhere pulls out a submission and ends the fight.

Submission attempts are BJJ weapons. Like a strikers punches, they score points and end a fight when executed successfully.

Sure Gray was on top, but both fighters were in a comfortable position and scoring points. Diaz is a tough kid, the only thing Gray had going for fight stoppage was the cut.

Donny77
06-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Uhhh............ Nate won, so thats how it goes

Krazikarl
06-17-2007, 08:35 PM
It also looked like Gray was expending a lot more energy than Diaz in the first round. You could see it at the start of the 2nd round Diaz had a lot more energy and Gray was starting to gas (and the coaches were commenting about his pacing of the fight). Diaz spent a lot less energy and kept it very close in the first round, which meant that he really outplayed Gray. Gray is a very good wrestler, but he has a lot of weaknesses (weak standup and submissions, has a lot of problems pacing himself), while Diaz has many fewer weaknesses. So, Diaz deserves a lot more compliment from Dana.

Steel
06-17-2007, 09:12 PM
I think Diaz was great..waited for his opportunities and reacted when the time was right,

However, I thought Gray did pretty well against him, blood/cuts aside. I just expected a little more props to the guy from Dana.

808botz
06-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Gray was beating the shit out of Nate. Kinda funny How dana made it seem like it was a close round.

TriangleChoke
06-17-2007, 10:02 PM
gray did put a beating on nate, but he almost got caught more than once. Nate put gray through a submission clinic from the bottom. Sure, he got pounded, but it was only a matter of time before he made gray tap.

achilles22
06-18-2007, 03:28 PM
great fight, love it when a BJJ guys are so aggressive going for sub's. Grey was good on top but everything he did resulted into having to defend from another sub.

Mac
06-18-2007, 11:50 PM
WTF? Is Dana supposed to get excited about Grays LNP? The last thing Dana wanted was for Gray to win the whole thing. Diaz, Lauzon, Miller, Wiman, Hill and Gamburyan are all marketable but until Gray becomes less one deminsional he is going to be a boring fighter. Gray was the only one of the last four I didn't want to make it to the finals.

2mcgrath
06-19-2007, 04:20 AM
i thought gray was giving nate a beating.and would have won it if it had went to the judges

808botz
06-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Its funny how Dana was all over Nate nutz. So he gave Nate the 1st round for fighting off his back. WOW I wonder what he said about Nick fights. Nick fights of his back very well and still gets fucked on the score cards. Nate one the fight. But he was getting a fucken beating before that. IF any one thinks Nate won the 1st round there out of there mind. I can see if Gray was just laying on em. But Gray was droping some bombs on Nate's face. Diaz had some nice attempts but other than that arm bar in the 1st round nothing was really close. That kimura he kept trying was more of a defense move on diaz part.

slikguy
06-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Gray is boring..... thank god nate won

DaTruThHurTs
06-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Its funny how Dana was all over Nate nutz. So he gave Nate the 1st round for fighting off his back. WOW I wonder what he said about Nick fights. Nick fights of his back very well and still gets fucked on the score cards. Nate one the fight. But he was getting a fucken beating before that. IF any one thinks Nate won the 1st round there out of there mind. I can see if Gray was just laying on em. But Gray was droping some bombs on Nate's face. Diaz had some nice attempts but other than that arm bar in the 1st round nothing was really close. That kimura he kept trying was more of a defense move on diaz part.

Gray was scoring points in the 1st round but as stated by other members...Gray was gassing big time....also if it wasn't for Bj shouting instructions to gray on how to get out of those subs then gray would have been subed in the first trust me.

808botz
06-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Gray was scoring points in the 1st round but as stated by other members...Gray was gassing big time....also if it wasn't for Bj shouting instructions to gray on how to get out of those subs then gray would have been subed in the first trust me.

So whats you point? Gray's a shity fighter because he did what bj was telling him too? HAHA Common sense the fighter listens to his corner. Unless your Andy fucken Wang.

scottsec
06-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Don't be seduced by a little blood.

I disagree about "nothing serious." Nate put on a submission clinic...I thought the first round was 50/50, as opposed to whooping on Nate. When a wrestler fights a BJJ guy, they're going to get the takedowns. It doesn't make it impressive, as BJJ guys like the ground. If Gray had had big slams or even violently opposed takedowns that he still carried out, I'd have seen it as a whooping. The cut was flashy, but honestly--nothing serious.

Gray needs to add more dimension to his game.

rh
Yeah i never really thought gray was winning....he was having to avoid subs the whole fight. After thr first Rd i called my brother and even said Nates gonna submit Gray.

speranman
06-22-2007, 08:06 PM
it's also possible Dana's comments about Gray were edited out.

blah
06-22-2007, 08:54 PM
That fight to me, seemed like it was all Gray until the sudden submission.

Dana seemed like he reacted only to Diaz..not much recognition of what Gray had done. I thought that kind of lousy. Am I missing something?
it wasn't near to being "all" blah blah, diaz fared well, attempted multiple submissions, very nice transitions. i think that was what dana was impressed with