PDA

View Full Version : Ike Ibeaubuch "What could of been" thread

Afro
06-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Could you imagine if he didnt go to jail how good he would be today? and how interesting a Sam Peter/Ike matchup would be? its such a damn shame

Thaistylist
06-17-2007, 02:49 AM
I remember when I was like 13 or 14 I used to hear alot about him but then I stopped boxing and subsequently lost touch with the boxing world. What did he go to jail for?

Afro
06-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Raping an exotic dancer, hes got a hearing in a month

RedsquareBlackbox
06-17-2007, 10:01 AM
He could come back if he gets out. It's not like he's been taking a skull beating for the last 10 years. This aging thing doesn't mean much. It's the erosion of fighting that ages fighters. If he's not boxing, he's a chance. Look at the big dumpster Briggs.

Punk Ass
06-17-2007, 12:55 PM
He could come back if he gets out. It's not like he's been taking a skull beating for the last 10 years. This aging thing doesn't mean much. It's the erosion of fighting that ages fighters. If he's not boxing, he's a chance. Look at the big dumpster Briggs.

But he will be very rusty so it's not like he will be in top form, and age doesn play a role reguardless when it comes to reflexes.

The HW division is wide open so I think he would have as good a chance as anybody, to at least make a good run.

rivethead
06-17-2007, 05:32 PM
I seriously doubt he's getting out until he's completed his sentence. At his last parole hearing--years back when I was still following his story..., he basically showed no remorse and indicated that she deserved what she got for being an exotic dancer...the classic "she was asking for it defense..." and said something like all women want to have sex with him anyway, so it isn't rape.

coupled with the fact that he was clearly nuts before the incident...tried to kill himself and the kid of one of his ex-gf's in a car accident, sees demons, stuff like that...he's clearly insane. Intelligent and charismatic, but chock full of nuts.

An incredible talent, and yes, I agree that he'd still be dominant, or minimally a former champion. So, an incredible, wasted talent.

rh

SimpleJack
06-18-2007, 06:09 AM
The Tua fight was great, but he was out on his feet more than once. I was so pissed about that fight. Ike looked like he was scared of the left. Good fighter, not sure how great he could have been. I think Lennox would have outclassed him by the time he got a shot.

Punk Ass
06-18-2007, 06:18 AM
The Tua fight was great, but he was out on his feet more than once. I was so pissed about that fight. Ike looked like he was scared of the left. Good fighter, not sure how great he could have been. I think Lennox would have outclassed him by the time he got a shot.

Yeh, if Tua gave him all he could handle then the Klits Bros, and Lenox would have beat him fairly easily IMO.

BTW, with the state of the HW division right now, I think Tua has a damn good chance to win a title. I'd like to see him get another shot.

bradlee180
06-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Ike Ibeabuchi is one of the greatest wastes of talent I've ever seen. He had the physical tools: size, power, chin, reflexes, endurance, ruggedness, technique, the man could fight, but his weakness is a crucial one: Ibeabuchi was and is MENTALLY UNSTABLE. I think the crazy bugger was STILL capable of clearing out the division and that includes Lennox Lewis. Hey, heavyweight boxing has been a weak division for the past several years; Ike was far-and-away the best-looking prospect. Ike's people were willing to throw him in there with anybody unlike other managers who protect their fighters by handpicking opponnets. Ike's management had supreme confidence in their man that he could take anybody.

Salvy_Mic
06-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Is there anyone else besides me who'd love to see a fight between David Tua and Sam Peter? Since harlemhustla brought up the possibility of Tuaman getting back into the HW mix, Peter vs. Tua couldn't be anything but an exciting fight, two guys with dynamite in their hands and titanium in their chins.

klev1
06-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Is there anyone else besides me who'd love to see a fight between David Tua and Sam Peter? Since harlemhustla brought up the possibility of Tuaman getting back into the HW mix, Peter vs. Tua couldn't be anything but an exciting fight, two guys with dynamite in their hands and titanium in their chins.

Peter vs. Tua woulda been great, but Tua hasn't been the same since Lennox put a beating on him...

Thebestever
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Ummm...guys? This is what Ike Ibeabuchi looked like in his last hearing a few years ago

http://www.boxers.ru/Boxers/Ibeabuchi_I/i_ibeabuchi_2.jpg

And rumor has it he's pushing a bit over 300 lbs now, LOL so it is and will be a done deal for Ike forever.

I used to really like Ike when he fought Tua and devestatingly crushed Chris Byrd. He would always praise God and seem like a pretty wholesome dude. When I heard the news that he not only raped that exotic dancer but violentley abused her and also viciously killed her dog and showed clear signs of sadistic psychological problems I was more than glad to see that scum bag arrested and I hope he rots in hell.