PDA

View Full Version : Should People have to be members for a certain time before they can make their first

TravelinMonty
06-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Should people have to wait two weeks before making their first post?

This way it may cut down on spammers and attacks and also get the newbies to learn the board a bit more and read before putting up ridiculous shit...

I know I didn't make my first post for a month or so after I joined... I was a lurker for a long while.

tmac
06-18-2007, 02:01 AM
I know a lot of members are making a lot of effort to make sure that the recent events are not repeated. But some things are going to discourage participation, rather than encourage it. You want new members to make posts and ask questions. I know it took me like four months to make my first post, but I don't think that this is how it should be.

Also in this two weeks when they are not allowed to post, will they be allowed to download things from pics and vids forum? Thats what a lot of the current members are mad about, people who sign up just to download the fights and not contribute to the boards.

warrior06
06-18-2007, 08:21 AM
no.

2mcgrath
06-20-2007, 05:54 AM
i think it may drive some new good posters away from the site.because it would kinda suck not being able to post because your new.and there are alot of good new posters more so than they are bad ones.so i think it would hurt more than it would help

neonatural45
06-20-2007, 08:01 AM
nah. I lurked for about a day just to find out the general rules about this forum then I started posting alot, but if people forget their password or get tired of there account it would suck to have to wait X amount of days before you can post

Ramma
06-27-2007, 05:34 PM
no. I lurked for about 10 minutes. If I had to wait 2 weeks before i could make my first post, I probably wouldn't have came back. At most, a 1 hour wait period to look around and get an idea of the forums

Jellypig
06-30-2007, 01:25 PM
no. I lurked for about 10 minutes. If I had to wait 2 weeks before i could make my first post, I probably wouldn't have came back. At most, a 1 hour wait period to look around and get an idea of the forumsI agree. 2 weeks is a bit much I think. I lurked for about a half hour to learn the rules and posting etiquette before I realized this place beats the shit out of Sherdog and takes their ball before I signed up.

TheWrestlingChamber
07-07-2007, 05:52 PM
2 weeks is a bit much but i wouldnt mind having the newbies wait a little before being able to post

Omoplata
07-14-2007, 04:39 AM
I dont know but something has to be done about these 'tards who post the dumbest freakin topic just to get rep for the vid section. Ive only been here for a short while but damn its gettin old!

Palma
09-07-2007, 06:45 AM
How many people are going to wait two weeks to post when they can go to another site and post instantly?