PDA

View Full Version : Rampage VS Vanderlei

BigJoe111
07-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Alright I finally had a chance to watch Rampage fight, and even though I think he should have disposed of Lindland quicker, I was impressed. SO who do you all think would win if Rampage fought Vanderlei? THere would definatly be a lot of bombs thrown in that one.

Legend
07-24-2006, 02:03 AM
Ok if your talking about Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva then they already fought twice and Silva won both times. Once by tko and the other by ko.

NinjaShogunRua
07-24-2006, 02:35 AM
as Bad Santa already stated, Wand murdered Rampage twice already. Watch some Pride sometime.

matto
07-24-2006, 03:27 AM
ya, i couldnt see the fight going any other way the third time, although any great striker has more then a punchers chance. if wand made one mistake and left his chin up for a second it could be lights out, but he is the better striker then rampage. is it wanderlei or vanderlei? because i see it spelt both ways on many sites, a lot of sites spell it with a w and a lot of sites spell it with a v.

killerinstinct
07-24-2006, 03:35 AM
ya, i couldnt see the fight going any other way the third time, although any great striker has more then a punchers chance. if wand made one mistake and left his chin up for a second it could be lights out, but he is the better striker then rampage. is it wanderlei or vanderlei? because i see it spelt both ways on many sites, a lot of sites spell it with a w and a lot of sites spell it with a v.
it's spelled with a w ,but pronounced like a v.Kind of like how Royce in pronounced like Hoyce.

NinjaShogunRua
07-24-2006, 03:55 AM
yeah it's Portuguese so the pronunciation is a little different than it's spelled. Like Killer said, the W is pronounced with a V sound. Wanderlei=Vanderlei, Werdum=Verdoom, Royce=Hoyce, and so on and so on.

BigJoe111
07-24-2006, 05:07 AM
For all who corrected me thank you I have watched the UFC for a while and just recently started watching PRide or the WFA so I apologize for asking a question that didn't need to be asked

matto
07-24-2006, 09:34 AM
i knew how it was pronounced, i was just wondering why mayjor site kept mispelling it? and i dont see the fight going any other way then the first two did, wand is simply the better striker.

matto
07-24-2006, 09:37 AM
For all who corrected me thank you I have watched the UFC for a while and just recently started watching PRide or the WFA so I apologize for asking a question that didn't need to be asked

ya if i hadent seen the first two fights or heard about them, it would have been a logical good fight on page, both great strkiers, a good equation, i just dont think anybody doubts that wand is the better striker, but he didnt just push over rampage, they were close fights. i dont think anybody wants to see the third fight anytime soon, but maybe in the future when the both get alot better and become legends, the should have a rematch to see the current standing at that time, and who knows if rampage inproves more then wand does he could just win.

Legend
07-24-2006, 12:53 PM

Man dont even worry about it ppl ask questions on here all the time that make less sense then yours. Big Ups for admitting your mistake.

BigJoe111
07-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Alright then one more quick question has Rampage fought Hendo during his stint with Pride? I have seen both of them fight and think htat regardless of size difference they would have an excellent fight.

killerinstinct
07-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Alright then one more quick question has Rampage fought Hendo during his stint with Pride? I have seen both of them fight and think htat regardless of size difference they would have an excellent fight.
he has never fought Hendo.

If you ever have a question about a fighters record you should go to www.sherdog.com they have a fight finder section on the right hand side.You can look up any fighters record and who they fought,etc.etc.etc.

BigJoe111
07-24-2006, 11:22 PM
he has never fought Hendo.

If you ever have a question about a fighters record you should go to www.sherdog.com they have a fight finder section on the right hand side.You can look up any fighters record and who they fought,etc.etc.etc.
Thanks for the info I appreciate it