PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson-KO King

Highlander
06-21-2007, 01:49 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this-pics and videos or here. I always enjoyed watching Tyson fight (pre ear bite).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZ2roRDPYU

valheruking
06-21-2007, 03:25 AM
Yeah Tyson was one the most exciting fighters to watch, i still respect him and enjoy watching some of his fights occasionally.

Severn
06-21-2007, 04:07 AM
And them he got married... :ahh:

Highlander
06-21-2007, 04:42 AM
And them he got married... :ahh:

And got convicted of rape.

Thebestever
06-21-2007, 08:44 AM
And then he became a member of the nation of islam

oscar
07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Mike Tyson is the most feared fighter of our generation.The guy in his prime would have beat Lewis and Holyfield.

stonedface
07-13-2007, 09:18 AM
lewis would own him cause of reach

oscar
07-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I dont think so,Tyson in their fight looked good the first 3 rounds.Imagine a prme Tyson.

Tyson would bea Lewis without a doubt,Lewis had reach but Tyson back in the day was more quick and dint gass that qucik.

bradlee180
07-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Tyson had a SHORT 2-and-a-half year PRIME: 1986, 1987, peaking in mid-1988 against Michael Spinks. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Prime Tyson of '86 to '88 would have CRUSHED a Prime Lennox Lewis.

Imagine the field-day a Prime Tyson would have against all these sorry heavyweights of 2007, the worst crop of heavyweights in boxing history.

KingofKings
07-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Tyson in his prime was better than a prime Joe Frazier.Tyson in his prime was so quick,so powerful,he scared a lot of fighters just with his style.

Hes in my top 5 heavyweights all time.

bradlee180
07-13-2007, 08:26 PM
I still think a Prime Tyson would lose to a Prime Joe Louis, a prime Jack Dempsey, and a prime Muhammad Ali though.

KingofKings
07-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Mike Tyson in his prime would crush Marciano,Frazier,Dempsey and Lewis.

dint you see how he ended holmes,spinks??and he beat the best fighters in the time he was in his prime then after evander came so did lewis and bowe,Tyson would have beat all 3 in his prime the guy was a machine,he had no weakness,he was quick,strog,had awesome chin,good jab,good body punches/

Punk Ass
07-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Tyson had a SHORT 2-and-a-half year PRIME: 1986, 1987, peaking in mid-1988 against Michael Spinks. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Prime Tyson of '86 to '88 would have CRUSHED a Prime Lennox Lewis.

Imagine the field-day a Prime Tyson would have against all these sorry heavyweights of 2007, the worst crop of heavyweights in boxing history.

I think he was still prime when he fought Buster as far as skills, reflexes, and muscles memory.

The only problem is he didn't have Kevin Rooney, Custamoto, or Teddy Atlas to kick him in the ass, train him properly, and be in his corner.

Not to mention he was going threw all the merital issues, and tryed to commit suicide. Oh, and the depression pills.

All that takes it's toll. Many less knowlegable people don't know this but Buster was a can and could never beat a focused well trained Mike Tyson.

Punk Ass
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I still think a Prime Tyson would lose to a Prime Joe Louis, a prime Jack Dempsey, and a prime Muhammad Ali though.

Lol, you had an argument with Ali, but Dempsey, and Joe Louis??

You have to explain that one. Tyson was much faster and wayyyyyy more skilled than Dempsey. The defense of fighters at that time was horrible, what are you talking about?

Joe Louis was just too small and too slow. He's never faced anyone with the kind of speed and power of Tyson.

Ali on the other hand was just a whole other breed of fighter.

Salvy_Mic
07-14-2007, 05:35 AM
A peak Tyson loses to Ali, Holmes, and Foreman in my opinion, goes life and death with Holyfield, Louis, and Louis, and most likely beats Frazier, Dempsey, and Marciano. But that's just my opinion. Keep in mind that it's everyone in their own respective primes.

Punk Ass
07-14-2007, 01:55 PM
A peak Tyson loses to Ali, Holmes, and Foreman in my opinion, goes life and death with Holyfield, Louis, and Louis, and most likely beats Frazier, Dempsey, and Marciano. But that's just my opinion. Keep in mind that it's everyone in their own respective primes.

You really think a Forman could have hit Tyson? I think Tyson would KO him in the first three rounds. Forman threw very slow looping punches. No doubt if he hit Tyson flush it would be over but a prime Tyson's defense is very underestimated. I've seen the dude dodge 4 punch combos from guys that were much faster to land one KO punch.

Salvy_Mic
07-14-2007, 04:59 PM
You really think a Forman could have hit Tyson? I think Tyson would KO him in the first three rounds. Forman threw very slow looping punches. No doubt if he hit Tyson flush it would be over but a prime Tyson's defense is very underestimated. I've seen the dude dodge 4 punch combos from guys that were much faster to land one KO punch.

Yes I do, actually. I think Foreman's way too big and strong for Tyson and his own boxing skills are pretty underrated. I don't think Tyson could hurt Foreman much, and Foreman's size would smother Tyson. Big George had good footwork, I see him keeping Tyson on the end of his very good jab, not letting him come inside until Foreman got him to the ropes, and basically, just mauling him. If Tyson can't bully the other guy, a lot of the fear and intimidation he used to help win fights would go down the shitter (similar to Dempsey and Duran at lightweight). The way I see it, it goes down like the Foreman/Frazier fights, except Tyson goes at least 10 before getting stopped.

Punk Ass
07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes I do, actually. I think Foreman's way too big and strong for Tyson and his own boxing skills are pretty underrated. I don't think Tyson could hurt Foreman much, and Foreman's size would smother Tyson. Big George had good footwork, I see him keeping Tyson on the end of his very good jab, not letting him come inside until Foreman got him to the ropes, and basically, just mauling him. If Tyson can't bully the other guy, a lot of the fear and intimidation he used to help win fights would go down the shitter (similar to Dempsey and Duran at lightweight). The way I see it, it goes down like the Foreman/Frazier fights, except Tyson goes at least 10 before getting stopped.

I don't think he was that big. :confusedsmilie: In his prime, which was the 70s, he only weighed about 220, and was only 6'3.

Well, it is your opinion, but I don't see him beating a prime Tyson.

bradlee180
07-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Lol, you had an argument with Ali, but Dempsey, and Joe Louis??

You have to explain that one. Tyson was much faster and wayyyyyy more skilled than Dempsey. The defense of fighters at that time was horrible, what are you talking about?

Joe Louis was just too small and too slow. He's never faced anyone with the kind of speed and power of Tyson.

Ali on the other hand was just a whole other breed of fighter.

You must be a really young guy 21 years old or less. Joe Louis small and slow?! I don’t think you know who Joe Louis is.

Joe Louis fought all comers, 25 title defenses, a record which still stands today, 12 years as the champ. There were more fighters at that time than there are now too as football, basketball, and a few other pro sports weren't around yet. Louis stood just a shade under 6'2" compared to the 5'11 1/2" Tyson. Louis' weight was 198 to 202 lbs, Tyson 215 to 217 lbs. Tyson, at his best 1986/88, NEVER faced anyone with the technical skills, speed, and power of Joe Louis. In the first 3 rds, I'd say 50/50 as to who gets KO'd, Tyson or Louis. If it went past 3 rds, Tyson would get frustrated and Louis would finish him.

"The defense of fighters at that time was horrible. -harlemhustla"
Dempsey, well, in the words of master boxer Gene Tunney who twice defeated a past-his-prime Dempsey: "-“Jack Dempsey, I'm convinced, was our greatest heavyweight champion...He learned his trade the hard way against fighters of all sizes, shapes and brands from mining camp, deadfall and dance hall to huge arena and stadium...Jack was no wild slugger. He was an extremely clever fusion of fighter and boxer. He fought out of a peculiar weave and bob and was very difficult to hit with a solid punch. In the 20 rounds I fought him - 10 at Philadelphia in 1926 and 10 at Chicago the following year - I never did get a clean shot at his jaw. He was always weaving and bobbing away from the direct line of fire...Gibbons was one of the all-time great boxers. Yet Gibbons could not outscore Dempsey..Unable to reach this clever opponent (Gibbons) with a knockout punch, he (Dempsey) was still a fine enough combination of fighter and boxer to outscore him all the way..I won both fights..Admittedly,Jack was somewhat past his prime..Beating Dempsey in his prime probably would have been something beyond them all. - Gene Tunney”

"The refined techniques of movement -- lightning-quick ducking and side-stepping -- were unknown. That all really didn't start until Dempsey. - Max Schmeling”
Max Schmeling was a technician in the ring who managed to KO a prime Joe Louis just 1 year before Louis won the title from Braddock. Schmeling was shafted by boxing politics as it was Schmeling who should have got the shot at Braddock, NOT Louis.

Max Schmeling died in 2005, so he witnessed first-hand the top fighters from the 20’s through the new Millennium, and Max made a list of greats.
“But my short list of those boxers who will never be forgotten includes -- in alphabetical order -- Mohammed Ali, Henry Armstrong, Georges Carpentier, Julio Cesar Chavez, George Foreman, Harry Greb, Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, Jack Johnson, Ray Leonard, Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, Carlos Monzon, Archie Moore, Willie Pep, Ray Robinson, and Mike Tyson.
But now I want to add, all by itself, one more name: Jack Dempsey.
Despite all the class shown by the others, Dempsey was not only my own idol, he remains for me to this day the greatest of them all. He embodied the complete perfection of a professional boxer.-Max Schmeling, Jan 1, 2000”

Ali at his best scaled 210 to 212 lbs. Though a bit heavier than Dempsey or Louis, NOBODY worth their salt disputes that Louis and Dempsey both hit FAR harder than Ali. The picture below is for a size comparison of Ali, Louis, and the 6' 1" Dempsey.

I stand by everything I wrote. A prime Dempsey, a prime Louis, and a prime Ali all beat a prime Tyson as Tyson was the world’s greatest FRONTRUNNER, not a great fighter in the spirit of Dempsey, Louis, and Ali. Great ones don’t get frustrated when it’s not going their way, and they find a way to turn it around. If Tyson didn’t steamroll the opposition with his first rushes, and they fought back, he quickly grew frustrated and lost: FRONTRUNNER. Tyson had all the physical gifts, but he was mentally fragile. I see an Ali/Tyson fight playing out much the same as Ali/Liston. I also think both Dempsey and Louis in their primes would KO a prime Ali.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4684/louisdempseyali01jv8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

bradlee180
07-18-2007, 05:33 AM
The Manassa Mauler Jack Dempsey still holds the heavyweight record for most 1st rd KO's with 26 officially. It may have been more as Dempsey had many fights early in his career that were never recorded. Tyson had 22 1st rd KO's. We're getting off-topic though: a PRIME Mike Tyson KILLS every current so-called SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT of 2007.

bradlee180
07-19-2007, 03:49 AM
Another KO King, John L. Sullivan "The Boston Strongboy".

Considered the Heavyweight Champion from 1882 to 1892 as Prize-Fighting was illegal. Sullivan is the bridge between the Bareknuckle Era and the Gloved Era. Sullivan's bout with Kilraine in 1889 was the last Bareknuckle Heavyweight Championship fight, and it went 75 rds under the old London Prize Ring rules where if a man went down or took a knee, it was called a round.

In 1892, a past-his-prime Sullivan lost the championship by KO in the 21st rd to Jim Corbett in a Gloved contest under the Marquis of Queensberry rules with 3 minute rds.

Sullivan's record is misleading as Prize Fighting was illegal and thus not formalized. Sullivan may have Knocked Out over a hundred men in exhibitions and barroom brawls, but they're not listed as official fights. Some fights were promoted as exhibitions so Sullivan and his opponents could avoid legal problems.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3375/johnlsullivankilrainlashd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

bradlee180
07-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Mike Tyson

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3192/tysonphysique00nd5.png (http://imageshack.us)

bradlee180
07-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I think I'm talking boxing with myself. Wow, boxing really is almost dead...

Punk Ass
07-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Another KO King, John L. Sullivan "The Boston Strongboy".

Considered the Heavyweight Champion from 1882 to 1892 as Prize-Fighting was illegal. Sullivan is the bridge between the Bareknuckle Era and the Gloved Era. Sullivan's bout with Kilraine in 1889 was the last Bareknuckle Heavyweight Championship fight, and it went 75 rds under the old London Prize Ring rules where if a man went down or took a knee, it was called a round.

In 1892, a past-his-prime Sullivan lost the championship by KO in the 21st rd to Jim Corbett in a Gloved contest under the Marquis of Queensberry rules with 3 minute rds.

Sullivan's record is misleading as Prize Fighting was illegal and thus not formalized. Sullivan may have Knocked Out over a hundred men in exhibitions and barroom brawls, but they're not listed as official fights. Some fights were promoted as exhibitions so Sullivan and his opponents could avoid legal problems.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3375/johnlsullivankilrainlashd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kind of like MMA. Started Bare knuckle and look where it is now. History repeats itself.

bradlee180
07-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Another KO hitter, "The Deadend Kid" Rocky Graziano. 52 KO's. Competed in one of the deepest talent pools in middleweight boxing history. Graziano was a street-fighter who got into boxing. An untrained streetfighter, Rocky was broke, saw a sign outside a boxing gym offering a few bucks if you spar with the professional fighter inside, so Rocky put on the gloves with the pro...and KNOCKED HIM OUT!!! Graziano's new career was born.

Graziano and "The Bronx Bull" Jake LaMotta knew each other from their reform school days together. Both had short reigns as middleweight champs (Graziano 1947/48; LaMotta 1949/51). When Rocky was asked if he could beat his old pal Jake LaMotta if they fought, Rocky said "I always did back in reform school!"

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8241/rockygrazianokl7.png (http://imageshack.us)

They never did fight each other professionally by the way.

Salvy_Mic
07-21-2007, 05:10 AM
LaMotta/Graziano would have been an absolutely brutal slugfest. You wouldn't be able to tell who was who afterwards, their faces would've been so mangled up.

bradlee180
07-23-2007, 01:57 AM
Yet another KO KING!

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8412/sugarrayrobinson01gz0.png (http://imageshack.us)

Tommy88
07-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Sweet Video, man what a ko artist. Probably the best in boxing.