PDA

View Full Version : Mayweathers Next Fight?

manntis818
07-24-2006, 07:19 AM
i see that he is on the november card but nobody else has signed it becaue everyone if scared of the man i think he will fight baldimor nex!!!!!11

Luis Cruz
07-24-2006, 07:32 AM
you couldn't be more wrong. lol margarito wanted to fight him which mayweather would've gotten 8 mil for (highest pay of his career) and he turned it down for no good reason. he claims he only wants big fights but oscar isn't fighting him til around may of next year and mosely isn't fighting again til next year. so there are rumors he might fight cory spinks?! we'll see what happens but mayweather is clearly ducking margarito and for good reason.

manntis818
07-24-2006, 07:50 AM
you couldn't be more wrong. lol margarito wanted to fight him which mayweather would've gotten 8 mil for (highest pay of his career) and he turned it down for no good reason. he claims he only wants big fights but oscar isn't fighting him til around may of next year and mosely isn't fighting again til next year. so there are rumors he might fight cory spinks?! we'll see what happens but mayweather is clearly ducking margarito and for good reason.

you know what i fuckin forgot about that my buddy was telling me that...
thanx for reminding me!!!!1

StephanBonnarrocks
07-24-2006, 09:02 AM
no way hes fighting baldomir or baldomir actually wants to fight him, hes just using the "mayweather fight" for negotiations with hatton. he wonts no part of floyd just like he wanted no part of zab in a rematch. anyways floyd isnt fighting margarito and i dont know y, i know what tony brings to the table and hes got a lot but personally i see that fight lookin similar to corralles with tony putting up more of a fight. but yea floyd is obviously shook and hes losin favor with bob arum

Salvy_Mic
08-15-2006, 10:18 PM
ESPN.com actually reports that a deal for a Mayweather/Baldomir fight for Nov. 4 is already in place. Ironically, Mayweather's getting a guaranteed $8 million for the fight, what Margarito offered to fight him. This reeks of Mayweather thinking Baldomir is the easier fight to take and only being interested in the money. I was rooting against Baldomir against my boy Gatti, I'll admit, but he made me a fan. I hope Baldomir pulls that upset.

Luis Cruz
08-15-2006, 11:45 PM
ESPN.com actually reports that a deal for a Mayweather/Baldomir fight for Nov. 4 is already in place. Ironically, Mayweather's getting a guaranteed $8 million for the fight, what Margarito offered to fight him. This reeks of Mayweather thinking Baldomir is the easier fight to take and only being interested in the money. I was rooting against Baldomir against my boy Gatti, I'll admit, but he made me a fan. I hope Baldomir pulls that upset.

i don't know how much he's making but it could be 8 mil. the fight with margarito would've made him more after ppv buys and all that and solidified his status as the man, but he obviously took the easier road and i too am hoping for a Baldomir upset. I bet Mayweather does a lot of moving backwords in theis fight not his usual lay n the ropes or sit there and make him miss type fight. he'll start to worry when balomir shrugs his punches off like they aint nothing and swings right back. i don't think he'll lose but i'll be hoping for it.

Salvy_Mic
08-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Maybe Hatton will be a man and fight Margarito, if he doesn't move back down to 140. All the big fights are at 147 at this point, especially if the reports about Cotto moving up or true. I don't think Cotto will make too much noise, he has a pretty unimpressive chin and seems to have a hard time with power punchers. Hatton and Margarito would beat him.

Luis Cruz
08-16-2006, 06:19 AM
Maybe Hatton will be a man and fight Margarito, if he doesn't move back down to 140. All the big fights are at 147 at this point, especially if the reports about Cotto moving up or true. I don't think Cotto will make too much noise, he has a pretty unimpressive chin and seems to have a hard time with power punchers. Hatton and Margarito would beat him.

he got rocked by a guy who also rocked mayweather and got rocked by a guy who has tremedous power that no one knew anything about. it's a little early to say he has no chin and can't handle power punchers because he came back in both of those fights and won by ko. he would beat hatton, especially at 147 but margarito would pose a HUGE problem for him and right now would probably beat him.

Alvin
08-16-2006, 08:07 AM
This shouldn't be a supprise to anyone. Mayweather always ducks fighters when they're on top of their game.

He's got great names on his record, but only when they were off form, so he won't fight Hatton until Hatton starts looking bad or someone else beats him first.

Afro
08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Mayweather is fighting Spinks in November.

Salvy_Mic
08-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Nah, check out espn.com. He was getting a lot of flak for accepting a fight with (supposedly inferior) Spinks, which is also not a very intriguing matchup to begin with. There's only one man Mayweather should move up to 154 to fight, and that's Oscar De La Hoya. Otherwise, Mayweather ought continue to try to establish his legacy by taking on the toughest division right now in all of boxing (Hatton, Margarito, Baldomir, Judah, possibly Cotto, Mosley, and Mayweather himself).

Afro
08-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Mayweather - Hatton is intriguing, the only thing that would make the Spinks - Mayweather fight interesting is if Spinks wins.

termite197
09-01-2006, 06:41 PM
spinks is wack. Mayweather would win that fight easily.

The best matchup would be hatton-mayweather. But I will setlle for balomir-mayweather.

Mayweather ducked margerito simply cause margerito would damage floyds pretty face and floyd doesnt want that. He knows he can beat all the contenders and knows that a fight with baldi would be less trama to his pretty boy image.

Afro
09-01-2006, 06:54 PM
ESPN is saying Spinks-Mayweather

but Boxrec still has it as Baldomir-Mayweather... hmm

Luis Cruz
09-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure why they're saying Spinks? The Mayweather/Baldomir fight press conference is suppose to be held sometime next week.

Afro
09-01-2006, 07:52 PM
odd then.. well im glad its Bladomir/Mayweather anyways

I wanna see Spinks fight again though, just not PBF.