PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

jwynne_4
06-21-2007, 08:55 AM
alright I've been trying to loose weight for about a month and half now, I've only lost about 10lbs. Now I know there is other ways besides form what I'm doing to lose a larger amount of weight. I've take advise from past threads and and things that I have come to learn in the past (I'm an ex-athelte played college baseball) But nothing seems to be working. I work out daily weights oneday cardio the next nolonger sameday thanks to adonis and rufio, now it makes feel alot better through out the week, but I'm still not losing the lbs. I have change my diet nomore fast food all home cooked alot of chicken and fish. I'm eating 5-6 times a day nothing really big. I just don't get it. I know I can crash diet and lose weight fast but I want to loose it and beable to keep it off mainly because a job I applied for said I need to lose about 15-20 lbs because they thought my bmi was to high for their union health plan to cover me. And I know if I would have gone to the Doc and took the actual bmi test I would have been high but lower then their stanards because my natural build, but I would like to lose the weight to be a fit person and not have to worry about that again when I reapply. What would you recommend.

Metalhead
06-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Shell out the cash for a personal trainer for a month or two.

Tick
06-21-2007, 09:49 PM
If its been a month and a half and you have lost 10 pounds you arent doing bad. With my personal experience the weight I took off slowly stayed off. roughly 2 pounds a week loss isnt bad at all. You have to remember that your body weight isnt the important part, it is how you feel. If you feal healthier, look healthier, then your excercise and diet plan are working.

Rufio
06-22-2007, 12:10 AM
You can drop body weight without dropping body fat also, which is why you have to be careful. Either HIIT or early morning steady rate cardio (before you eat anything) are the best ways to lose fat IMO. Also try to eat once every 2-3 hours, but smaller meals like 300 calories each. It keeps your metabolism running. Don't forget to get enough protein and drink tons of water.

dudefella
06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
If you're losing more than 2-3lb per week, it's probably not fat unless you're obese. Even on your workout days, try to do 30-40 minutes of medium-light cardio (heart rate @ 130-145bpm), and go a bit harder on your off days. Make sure you're lifting high reps (tho I'd hope you already know this). You haven't said how much you weigh, but the 2100-2300 calorie range is where you probably want to be.

Someone already said to do your cardio on an empty stomach... in my experience, it's not that important WHEN you do it, you just have to get it done. Personally, I can't do cardio without eating; I'm absolutely useless without some food in me. I prefer doing my cardio after a very light meal in the morning... if you get out there running relatively shortly after eating, your body isn't going to be getting any energy out of the food you've eaten (it hasn't been digested).

Make sure you're getting enough protein. Supplementing ~50g a day is a good idea. Cutting is pretty tough on your body (if you're going at it hard, anyways -- ie cardio 5/6/7 days a week, and hitting the weights 3-4 times/week), so an adequate amount of protein to allow your muscles to recover is really important.

Honestly man, 10lb in 6 weeks isn't that bad. If you're stuck for more than a week, lower your calorie intake (or change the source of your calories), and up the duration and/or intensity of your cardio/weight training. If you start dropping more than 3lb a week (assuming you aren't a lardass -- I'll give you the benefit of the doubt), ease off a bit. Just keep at it. You've got to work to change your body.. if it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.

jwynne_4
06-29-2007, 04:01 AM
No I've pretty much let myself go sense I had to quit playing ball. I was 261 when I weighed myself yesterday. Which is about 65lbs more then I played I played about 195lbs. So thanks for not thinking I'm a lardass but I would think I do quailfy as one. As far as protien I have about 3-4 shakes aday never really looked at the grams just take the amount of scoops it says and I eat a lot of chicken. I was lifting and doing cardio everyday, but I changed that, I know lift 3-4 days a week and do cardio 4-5 days a week. But last time I got motivated to lose weight I went from 270 to 240 in about 2 months and I ate shitter and drank 3 or more days a week. But I was also working construction and not a desk jockey like I am now. Anyway I was looking for ideas because I was frustrated.