PDA

View Full Version : How about a Political Forum??

Ubermensch
06-21-2007, 10:54 PM
How about making an Off topic Forum for Politics so normal threads wont get hijacked anymore and we all ca read in peace. I get pulled into these things sometimes and its the last thing I want to think about at the time.

ChuckBooty
06-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I'd vote for that

Highlander
06-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I think it's for the best.

Ramma
06-22-2007, 01:05 AM
If you guys want that, sure, but don't expect to see me browsing those forums. I like keeping political and religious thoughts mostly to myself. I think these discussions will lead to nothing but angry debates. Not to single anyone out, so I won't mention any names. But 2 highly respected members of the forums went into a religious debate yesterday in the off-topic thread.. and to say the least, it wasn't pretty. I think it will lead to a lot of members not liking each other

If people want it, fine.. but I am very much against it and am simply giving my 2 cents

Highlander
06-22-2007, 01:06 AM
If you guys want that, sure, but don't expect to see me browsing those forums. I like keeping political and religious thoughts mostly to myself. I think these discussions will lead to nothing but angry debates. Not to single anyone out, so I won't mention any names. But 2 highly respected members of the forums went into a religious debate yesterday in the off-topic thread.. and to say the least, it wasn't pretty. I think it will lead to a lot of members not liking each other

If people want it, fine.. but I am very much against it and am simply giving my 2 cents

Who were the members? I'm just curious. Say it!

Ubermensch
06-22-2007, 04:04 AM

Thats is why I think we need it. You are reading a normal post about our names or Phil Baroni then all the sudden it is somewar between members on somethin political. I say take it to a political area and let us all read in peace. If they are going to fight about it they are going to still fight about it any way. At least this cleans the forum up.

WadoKai
06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
A politics forum would bring out everyone's inner troll...

That being said, I'm all for it. :grinsmile1:

sandywh
06-27-2007, 02:28 PM
No! Its bad enough that some of us (me) end up highjacking a thread. (I don't want to, but sometimes you just gotta defend your side of things) Having a Politcal/Religious forum would serve no positive purpose. It would only draw out the worst in otherwise cool people. If we don't want some of these threads to turn bad, close the thread. Say that "This thread has reached beyonf its intended scope of purpose. Thread CLOSED - Moderator" To me, thats the best way, and then if we want to continue the bickering then we make a thread in Off-Topic and finish it out. Part of the problem is that we end up arguing because its there. If the thread were closed, and or moved its doubtful that we'd continue. The Username thread went waaaaaaaaay south because it spanned 3 days, Had someone shut it down after day one it would not have reached some of the levels that it did to some of the posters (me).

I firmly beleive in everything I post, but I do not like coming to an MMA forum and getting into a political/religous debate. There are others avenues for me to do that than here.