PDA

View Full Version : Gold Cup Soccer

warrior06
06-22-2007, 01:52 AM
For anyone that is interested there are some good soccer games on today and the Final on sunday. They are playing at Soldier Field in Chicago.

Today:
Semifinals
4pm PST USA vs Canada Fox Soccer Channel

7pm PST Mexico vs Guadeloupe Telefutura

Sunday:
Championship
12pm PST Semifinal Winners Fox Soccer Channel

Lately in the tournament the play has been very aggressive, lots of physical play and tough tackles. If the favorites Mexico and US win their semifinal matches there is going to be an explosive Championship game against these rivals.I'm probably the only soccer fan...

Highlander
06-22-2007, 08:46 PM
I didn't know about Canada vs the US soccer game, but Canada lost and I heard it had something to do witha controversial offsides call.

warrior06
06-23-2007, 05:17 AM
I didn't know about Canada vs the US soccer game, but Canada lost and I heard it had something to do witha controversial offsides call.

Ya big time. They should have went to overtime or at least reviewed it more. There was a deflection off the US defender and the Canadian forward got the ball and scored. All and all it was a decent game. Big tackle in the 27-28th minute. Good action around 50-60 minute mark.

Mexico vs US for the championship which ought to be a great match. The teams really dont like each other. The Mexican coach is on the chopping block if his team doesn't win. Look for a technical and physical game especially in the 2nd half. The US will be missing its sparkplug Hejduk, due to 2 progressive yellow cards. The Mexican team will probably have the majority of the crowd in Chicago. Ought to be a great page in the book about these 2 big rivals.

Mirko
06-29-2007, 12:07 AM