PDA

View Full Version : Royce Gracie vs Ken shamrock

Metis Machete
07-24-2006, 03:47 AM
If these 2 fought again nowadays who do u think would win?

matto
07-24-2006, 03:55 AM
royce won the first won, and the second one was declaired a draw, but most people would agree that if there were judges back then that shamrock would have won. however id say that shamrock would definetly win today, he has been more active in the mma then royce has been. even thought royce has had the far better carrerr, he hasnt faced the new breed of mma fighters like shamrock has, royce was a great fighter in his day when it was like style vs. style, but now a days u have to be well rounded. royce wouldnt just get beat by matt hughes, he would get beat by a TON of people, everybody thinks that u have to be on matt hughes level to win, but if u put royce in a match with other top mma guys, he would get embarrassed every time, shamrock without a doubt. in fact if royce was trying to get into the ufc or pride today,(taken away hes previous fame) he would not make it, he is just and excellent grappler and that just doesnt cut it. anybody who thinks that royce would win...:fingersmilie:

matto
07-24-2006, 03:59 AM
he has proved in their last fight that he was the better one, and nobody can argue that he hasnt imporved more then royce, personally (no disrespect) but i think that they both need to leave the mma scene, but if they did fight shamrock all the way. they are both great fighters just cannot really compete with todays top fighters. undoubtally legends. people just act like shamrock sucks just because of his horrible fights aginst ortiz, but that could happen to anybody given ortiz's excellent fighting, if gracie had a couple more fights, he would look worse then shamrock did, infact if he fought ortiz, he would get beat worse then shamrock did, even thought he has a good submissionist chance, it would be like the hughes fight only tito is a lot stronger and would beat him even more.

killerinstinct
07-24-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't know how this is a dream match.Did you watch the second fight?Worst fight I've ever seen.30 minutes of nothing.There was some action in the over time period ,but it was still a very boringt fight.I'll take Shamrock in a boring descion.Royce could catch him in something if Shamrock doesn't just lay on him like last time.

AlCarey
07-31-2006, 10:06 AM
You know....I tried of people saying the watching Royce fight in his early days was boring. He was a master. A viper will wait hours for the prey to come to him. He was fighting no rules (except 2) 4 times a night and always against people that out weighted him. He wore down people and always worked himself into position. Sometimes that took awhile to do. He him credit. In his early days he would have fighter pissing blood for a week after his heel kicks to the kidneys while he was in the guard. Royce was/is a great fighter and he has all my repect.

Legend
07-31-2006, 10:15 AM
royce won the first won, and the second one was declaired a draw, but most people would agree that if there were judges back then that shamrock would have won. however id say that shamrock would definetly win today, he has been more active in the mma then royce has been. even thought royce has had the far better carrerr, he hasnt faced the new breed of mma fighters like shamrock has, royce was a great fighter in his day when it was like style vs. style, but now a days u have to be well rounded. royce wouldnt just get beat by matt hughes, he would get beat by a TON of people, everybody thinks that u have to be on matt hughes level to win, but if u put royce in a match with other top mma guys, he would get embarrassed every time, shamrock without a doubt. in fact if royce was trying to get into the ufc or pride today,(taken away hes previous fame) he would not make it, he is just and excellent grappler and that just doesnt cut it. anybody who thinks that royce would win...:fingersmilie:

Agreed

killerinstinct
07-31-2006, 04:10 PM
You know....I tried of people saying the watching Royce fight in his early days was boring. He was a master. A viper will wait hours for the prey to come to him. He was fighting no rules (except 2) 4 times a night and always against people that out weighted him. He wore down people and always worked himself into position. Sometimes that took awhile to do. He him credit. In his early days he would have fighter pissing blood for a week after his heel kicks to the kidneys while he was in the guard. Royce was/is a great fighter and he has all my repect.
I don't think he was a boring fighter ,but that was definately a boring fight.Try watching the whole thing without hitting fast forward.You can throw the whole he fought more than once card out the window ,b/c that was his only opponent that night.

LFD
08-06-2006, 05:25 PM
There is no disputing that Royce is truely a master at his chosen style of fighting, but exciting is not a word I would use to describe him. The 30+ min. fight that he and Shamrock had was absolutely one of the most boring fights that I have ever seen, and I would not watch them fight again for that reason. There is no doubt that they were two of the best fighters in the world at that time, but sometimes excellent fighters still have boring fights. I do think that Hoyce would win again though.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-09-2006, 07:36 PM

ok soo royce would get embarressed..... wat the fuck do you call wat tito has been doing to shammy the past fuckin however many years!!! wat happened when shammy fought franklin....hmmm he ktfo and embarrassed!!! there both past there fighting prime and niether would get into the ufc or pride with out there previous fame...i infact think royce could pull off a subb....he did there first fight and shammy was in way better shape back then at his fighting prime...you say royce would not only get beat by matt hughes who is arguablly the best ww in the world but many other... shammy got beat by tito who is not number 1 in his div. or even top 3...i think royce could pull it off... if he did wat he does best and wore down shammy he would subb. him!! yeah shammy did face the new breed and got smashed just like royce... there both to old...

paintstik
08-09-2006, 10:22 PM
I honestly believe that Shammy would try to rush and outmuscle Royce, but that in doing so would leave himself wide open for an armbar once he got Royce down.

Afro
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
I went with Ken although i'd be cheering for Royce, Royce doesnt have any standup and Ken isnt gonna take him down cuz he'll get submitted so Ken would win standing.