PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop vs Liddell

Metis Machete
07-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Cro-Cop is a small heavyweight at about 213 pounds n he is starting to fight in the US....a very off chance but if it happened who do u think wood win?

Legend
07-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Good fight question. Ive thougth about this one before and ill take Cro Cop.

prideFAN
07-24-2006, 05:24 PM
I'll put my money on Cro Cop.

paintstik
07-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Cro-Cop is a K1 level striker, so i'd have to take him.

Raiders18
07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Cro Cop for sure.

matto
07-24-2006, 08:50 PM
cro cop, he is an excellent striker but so is chuchk, but he is probably the best striker in all of mma id have to say, even over the likes of chuck,wand,rampage ,aa,syliva,and hunt. and he could easily make 205. probably the best out there period, besides fedor of course, but other then fedor nobody is as good as he is. i gurantee that he will beat silva this time. he will win the open weight tournment.

Intellectual
07-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Cro Cop without a doubt

WandAXE
07-24-2006, 11:44 PM
cro cop, he is an excellent striker but so is chuchk, but he is probably the best striker in all of mma id have to say, even over the likes of chuck,wand,rampage ,aa,syliva,and hunt. and he could easily make 205. probably the best out there period, besides fedor of course, but other then fedor nobody is as good as he is. i gurantee that he will beat silva this time. he will win the open weight tournment.
Maybe Silva, but no way the tourney

killerinstinct
07-25-2006, 12:05 AM
I agree with some of the stuff you said ,but I wouldn't say that Crocop is a better striker than Hunt.Did you see there fight?Hunt won by descion. Crocop was litterally running away from Hunt(kind of like the Gurgel/Hominick fight)and Hunt took his best strike more than once and just shrugged it off.Hunt is a guy with an iron jaw.Also weather or not he's a better striker than Wand is debatable considering that last time they fought Wand out struck him.If they had a rematch the fight would go differently b/c Crocop has improved since than ,but it'd still be a close fight.I also don't think he'll win the tournament.getting past Silva will be hard ,but getting past the winner of the Barnett/Nog fight will be even harder.

In a fight with Chuck I'll take Crocop by KO in the 2nd with his left head kick.If Chuck came at him aggresively I'd take Chuck b/c Crocop doesn't do well when people rush in on him.

tylerunemployed
07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
yeah you have a good point that cro crop dosent work as well under pressure but as long as liddel didnt rush him he would give him an axe kick and kick him out

AJL416AZ
07-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Cro Cop, his kickboxing skills are excellent.
Chuck may have heavy hands, but Cro Cop has knocked out some of the toughest HWs in the world, and he has more weapons in his arsenal then just his fists.
If Chuck fought against Cro Cop, he could win by putting pressure on Mirko, by being the aggressor and taking the middle of the ring, and constantly moving forward
if he decided to wait and counterpunch, he would get systematically destroyed by body and leg kicks, and run into that left hand.

ccl2087
07-25-2006, 11:55 PM
I'd take Cro-Cop

matto
07-26-2006, 09:44 AM
ya i saw that fight. wasnt hunt in k-1 or strikeforce or something?

LefthookStcrook
07-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I dunno why everyone on this site thinks every pride fighter would reck ufc fighters,chuck is a phenomenal striker and has K.O'd a who's who's list of excelent fighters,including guys who K.O'd cro crop(EX. Randleman) Im not taking anything away from cro crop hes easily one of my favorite fighters in PRIDE but i really dont think he's striking compares to Chucks jus my opinon

player
07-28-2006, 07:52 PM
you are all crazy. chuck is always a counter striker if the other guy is a remotely decent striker. The only time he presses forward is when the other guy doesn't know how to strike or smells blood. Mirko would tear Chuck apart, chuck is too over confident and is always with his hands really low

CHUCKtheCHAMP
07-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Two Of My Fav. Fighters But I Go With Cro Cop On This One... Maybe If Chuck Came In Hard Like Has Been Said Then He Could Ko Cro Cop Cause Chuck Can Ko Anyone (maybe Not Hunt!) And Chuck Also Has Great Kicks Whick We Would Probablly Use Since Cro Cop Wouldnt Take It To The Ground... But I Think He Would Sit Back And Wait And I Think Cro Cop Would Take Him....it Would Be A Great Fight!!

AJL416AZ
08-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Cro Cop fights at about 215 when he competes in Pride, and isn't completely shredded to where he couldnt lose some excess weight to compete at LHW

so how do you think the two masters of the Sprawl and Brawl would fare against one another?

i would have to go with Cro Cop in this match. Cro Cop has KTFO some of the best HW in the world, and picked others apart methodically, doing well enough to win decisions

Chuck always goes for the KO, but isn't aggressive enough in his movement to keep the pressure on Cro Cop, CC would still be able to stand back and pick his shots before they engage and just trade shots

JSF1921
08-12-2006, 06:10 AM
I'll go with Cro Cop as well.

killerinstinct
08-12-2006, 06:41 AM
this thread has already been made.Here's links to the original.

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=1096&highlight=chuck

Sweetreef
08-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Chuck wouldnt be able to handle the LEFT KICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kickbox
01-18-2008, 09:25 AM
this thread has already been made.Here's links to the original.

Cro Cop vs Liddell - MMA News Forums (http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=1096&highlight=chuck)

Cro cop will win so easily it wont even be funny.:headscratch:

kickbox
01-18-2008, 09:29 AM
I agree with some of the stuff you said ,but I wouldn't say that Crocop is a better striker than Hunt.Did you see there fight?Hunt won by descion. Crocop was litterally running away from Hunt(kind of like the Gurgel/Hominick fight)and Hunt took his best strike more than once and just shrugged it off.Hunt is a guy with an iron jaw.Also weather or not he's a better striker than Wand is debatable considering that last time they fought Wand out struck him.If they had a rematch the fight would go differently b/c Crocop has improved since than ,but it'd still be a close fight.I also don't think he'll win the tournament.getting past Silva will be hard ,but getting past the winner of the Barnett/Nog fight will be even harder.

In a fight with Chuck I'll take Crocop by KO in the 2nd with his left head kick.If Chuck came at him aggresively I'd take Chuck b/c Crocop doesn't do well when people rush in on him.

Cro cop will navigate his way around the octagon to avoid Chucks pursuit and just when the moment is right Cro cop unleashes a monster punch that breaks Liddells orbital bone.even under pressure Id still take a K1 (level fighter) unless Liddell comes up with a lucky head kick lol.

kickbox
01-18-2008, 09:32 AM
I dunno why everyone on this site thinks every pride fighter would reck ufc fighters,chuck is a phenomenal striker and has K.O'd a who's who's list of excelent fighters,including guys who K.O'd cro crop(EX. Randleman) Im not taking anything away from cro crop hes easily one of my favorite fighters in PRIDE but i really dont think he's striking compares to Chucks jus my opinon

lol Liddell isnt the high level striker Cro cop is. Cro cop would tear Liddell in standup. you would then come up to this board and say" Liddell didnt train". cro cop is always a better striker, when this fight happens you will be crying ..wondering why your hero lost to a "sucky" striker like cro cop. cro cop by ko round 1.

kickbox
01-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Two Of My Fav. Fighters But I Go With Cro Cop On This One... Maybe If Chuck Came In Hard Like Has Been Said Then He Could Ko Cro Cop Cause Chuck Can Ko Anyone (maybe Not Hunt!) And Chuck Also Has Great Kicks Whick We Would Probablly Use Since Cro Cop Wouldnt Take It To The Ground... But I Think He Would Sit Back And Wait And I Think Cro Cop Would Take Him....it Would Be A Great Fight!!

Liddells standup isnt as accurate as Cro cops. Liddell isnt in the same striking level as cro cop. Liddell cant dish out what cro cop is capable of period.