PDA

View Full Version : When will the TUF series end

joeyt
06-23-2007, 09:25 AM
I don't know if another thread has been started on this topic I couldn't find one. Anyways, TUF has proven to open up MMA to the general public but at the same time saturates the talent pool in the UFC. When will the two eqaul out? That is when will the UFC stop the reality show if ever?

I am really worried about the UFC just counting dollars and not worrying about overshadowing the great fighters who either don't fight as often as they should or get thrown on a prelim and aren't expose to the general public.

What are everyone's thought?

TapOut10
06-24-2007, 09:05 AM
i dont think the seasons will ever stop it brings new undiscoverd talent into the ufc and the show is doing really well, i love watching the show and hope to see more of it

delirious0511
06-24-2007, 09:30 AM
i dont think the seasons will ever stop it brings new undiscoverd talent into the ufc and the show is doing really well, i love watching the show and hope to see more of it

agreed....altho i prolly wouldnt be so quick to just hand over the future of the ufc to these guys i agree that it does bring over new talent for cheap and could solidify the future of the ufc.....remember the ufc is a sport and just like football, basketball etc.......the starts get older and younger ones need to be molded....i think thats why you see the ufc push all these young starts like kendall grove, huerta, griffin, stevenson, herman and so on and so forth

Bullock
06-27-2007, 01:59 AM
They will stop doing the show when the Finale's stop doing good ratings.

So we are probably going to be into TUF10 before it's over.

jmjinks
06-27-2007, 03:07 AM
It may still run for quite some time.

I think by limiting the show to one weight class, we will seem more balance occur with what talent makes it out onto the future Fight Nights and PPVs. The rest of the TUF talent may end up on other Zuffa product (WEC or Pride if it stays around), or jump to other promotions.

jesusatemyhotdog
06-27-2007, 05:11 AM
28 days... six hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

Kimuras"R"Us
06-27-2007, 05:15 AM
28 days... six hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds

Donnie Darko reference?

2mcgrath
06-27-2007, 06:06 AM
i also like watching it and hope to see more of it,it makes my thursday nights complete

SimpleJack
06-27-2007, 01:15 PM
It's nice to have something mildly interesting to watch on Thursday nights. I just get tired of the same bullshit over and over. And what was with this past season? Fighters with NO experience and .500 or below fighters? These are supposed to be up and comers. I think they should focus more on bringing in champs or contenders from the smaller shows (Like Cole Miller etc.) and giving them a chance to become known and grow into the UFC.

sandywh
06-27-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure when the run of TUFs will end, but I'd be willing to bet that it gets milked before it is over. The last two season will probably be a reunion show, kind of like TUF 4. Bring back TUFers that have had slight success and give them another chance to be back in the limelight, possible title shots on the line. The lineups would likely include Jorge Gurgel, Matt Hamill, Nate Quarry, and guys like that. Guys that were some of the favorites to win, but didn't and that have had to struggle to get decent fights since the TUF appearance.
The other and final season would mostly run as a mini Grand Prix for a weight class and not involve the house. Most likey will be the MW or HW division and have 16 of the top 25 guys in the division fighting for a title shot at the title vacated by whoever retires.

Just my opinion