PDA

View Full Version : Joe Lauzon

ZackUFC
06-23-2007, 04:15 AM
alright i love this guy i think hes a really good fighter and has a huge future in the ufc

now..he will be fightin brandon melendez tonight
he probabley will win

now he allready knockd out jens pulver

who else thinks he can dominate the light weight division?

dunivan
06-23-2007, 05:53 AM
not me

he got lucky with the pulver fight, punchers chance.

i bet hell be a ed herman

Beatts35
06-23-2007, 09:24 AM
joe is very good, we've seen him fight explosivly his teammates from tuf and coaches all say he will be a champ on day. i think joe has a bright future. i don't know if he's going to really be in belt contention for awhile. but dana likes him and he has a crowd pleasing style, so he'll be around and an assest anywhere he goes for along time.

franco727
06-23-2007, 09:56 AM
i think he has all of the tools, he just needs to train with a great team. as far as being a champ? i think he will be a conteneder but the talent at 155 is unbelievable

Beatts35
06-23-2007, 10:28 AM
i think he has all of the tools, he just needs to train with a great team. as far as being a champ? i think he will be a conteneder but the talent at 155 is unbelievable

i think he can get the strap one day. i do believe that the days of long time belt holders are pretty much done. and that if you can hold a belt for 3 fights that will say something. (thats why i think they should just hold grand prix's)

and i agree lauzon needs to move to a better camp then the one he's been at in mass

tmlfan
06-23-2007, 10:49 AM
The competition is so steep at 155, and seems to be getting better. I like Lauzon and the way he fights, but if hes in the proper camp and has the right training, like adding some of what nate has he may have been able to pull out something while on his back most of the fight with manny. I would like to see him champ, but I think there are better 155's right now he a ways off.

Plus I would love to see the computer geek on top.

Beatts35
06-23-2007, 11:57 AM
The competition is so steep at 155, and seems to be getting better. I like Lauzon and the way he fights, but if hes in the proper camp and has the right training, like adding some of what nate has he may have been able to pull out something while on his back most of the fight with manny. I would like to see him champ, but I think there are better 155's right now he a ways off.

Plus I would love to see the computer geek on top.

Rudy valintino did an interview online. and he said joe went into the manny fight with 3 injuries that if it wasn't for tuf. rudy woudn't have let joe fight. joe had a big hand problem, a chipped elbow and a knee issue. if i can find the link i'll post it. but joe was banged up going into that fight. not to take anything away from manny.

tmlfan
06-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Rudy valintino did an interview online. and he said joe went into the manny fight with 3 injuries that if it wasn't for tuf. rudy woudn't have let joe fight. joe had a big hand problem, a chipped elbow and a knee issue. if i can find the link i'll post it. but joe was banged up going into that fight. not to take anything away from manny.

Ah, I didnt hear about any of that, Joe didnt look quite the same, I mean he didnt come out as agresive (or so I thought), but I just though that was because manny fights the same style, like a pitbull, go, go go. and he changed up a little.

Will see how he preforms tonight

ZackUFC
06-23-2007, 03:59 PM
not me

if u saw this fight u would no it was NOT just a punchers chance or a lucky punch he beat him fair and square

TriangleChoke
06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
if u saw this fight u would no it was NOT just a punchers chance or a lucky punch he beat him fair and square
i dont know if i would bet on lauzon if they fought again...

ZackUFC
06-23-2007, 04:07 PM
i dont know if i would bet on lauzon if they fought again...

yea im not sure if i would either
but when joe gets with a good training team and works on more skills hes going to be a great fighter im telling you mabye even a future champ on day

Palma
06-23-2007, 05:29 PM
yea im not sure if i would either
but when joe gets with a good training team and works on more skills hes going to be a great fighter im telling you mabye even a future champ on day

Lauzon might be champ if Many goes to another org, but otherwise I don't see Joe beating anyone who can control him on the ground.

Diegonightmare
06-23-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't know if Joe can actually win the belt one day...look at all the fighters in MMA and look at the relatively low number that ever become a champ of a major org...but I think he'll be a serious contender.

He was a beast in the Pulver fight (that was the first time I saw or heard of him) and the TUF fights prior to the Manny fight. In that fight he was unrecognizable.

If the earlier post is accurate about him being so banged up that, but for the show, he wouldn't have been permitted by his handlers to fight that day, then that seems to me more than just a loser's excuse; it seems reasonable, because he was unrecognizable.

I think he has mad game and I look forward to seeing what he can become.

ZackUFC
06-23-2007, 08:04 PM
well i also heard joe had 3 injurys going into the manyy fight rumor? mabye but who knows

dagreat1
06-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Joe will never be LW champion. There is simply too much talent at LW. The UFC will be looking to snag names like Shoalin, JZ and Kid and I don't forsee Joe beating any of them or even giving them a challenge.

LW division is way too deep for Lauzon to ever become champion IMO. The ONLY way he gets it is if he is given a non deserving title shot in an attempt to setup a highly marketable main event and ends up spoiling it and he would then again have to pull out a marginal upset to become champion, I seriously doubt this will happen.

Steel
06-24-2007, 12:18 AM
I like Joe..his fight tonite was great. I think he has great potential.

TapOut10
06-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Joe will never be LW champion. There is simply too much talent at LW. The UFC will be looking to snag names like Shoalin, JZ and Kid and I don't forsee Joe beating any of them or even giving them a challenge.

LW division is way too deep for Lauzon to ever become champion IMO. The ONLY way he gets it is if he is given a non deserving title shot in an attempt to setup a highly marketable main event and ends up spoiling it and he would then again have to pull out a marginal upset to become champion, I seriously doubt this will happen.

I understand what your saying about the Lightweight division being deep. But, I believe you are mistaken when you say that is the only way Lauzon will become champ. I have never seen the UFC give out non deserving title shots...so if he has the chance at the title hed deserve it. Joe Lauzon would be well prepared for it. He can pull out marginal upsets because he is a great fighter. Beating Jens Pulver was no fluke, Joe fights with a crazy amount of agression.

dagreat1
06-24-2007, 08:08 PM
I understand what your saying about the Lightweight division being deep. But, I believe you are mistaken when you say that is the only way Lauzon will become champ. I have never seen the UFC give out non deserving title shots...so if he has the chance at the title hed deserve it. Joe Lauzon would be well prepared for it. He can pull out marginal upsets because he is a great fighter. Beating Jens Pulver was no fluke, Joe fights with a crazy amount of agression.

The title shot would not be the undeserving fight, the #1 contender fight would be. It would be like the Gonzaga vs Cro Cop fight where they were wanting to put together a heavily marketale fight, Lauzon would be playing Gonzaga, the spoiler so that would be the undeserving title shot setip fight. If he were to pull out the upset then sure he desrves the title shot but with how deep LW is I judt don't forsee Lauzon ever earning a title shot unless it is like the Gonzaga vs Cro Cop fight.

He is very aggressive but his standup is average at best and there are much better wrestlers than him at LW. He is young and has the potential to develop into something good but I dunno if he has the potential to develop into somethign great. As far as fighter intelligence, he is world class but as far as natural abilities, there are much better fighters than him.

while the win against Pulver was a surprise, it is still Pulver who is one of the more over rated fighters around whos most impressive wins are over Penn and Uno and in terms of his best win it is Penn but with there being such a big drop off in terms of quality of opponent in his second best win of his career (Uno) that tells us that he is in fact a very over rated fighter.

Lost to nearly every big name he has faced. Ludwig, Din Thomas, Gomi, Mach and Penn. I think his stats are comparable to that of Tito Ortiz', losing nearly all of the fights vs world class opposition.

scottsec
06-25-2007, 10:28 AM
JL will never be champ. He is to injury prone...not to mention any fighter that has the nickname J-Lau should hang themselves...

sousuke22
06-25-2007, 10:52 AM
J-Lau a nickname that was given to him by his highschool friends. As for being injury prone, he was only injured in his fight against Manny. Don't call him injury prone because he was injured in one fight. GSP and other A-list fighters have had to pull out of fights because of injuries when Lauzon fought anyways.

I think he has a ways to go but he definitely has what it takes to at least earn a title shot, if not the title itself. I want to see the UFC pit him against one of their vets- not Pulver, as I think he's lost his edge- but someone like Spencer Fisher or even Kenny Florian so he can prove himself more.

scottsec
06-25-2007, 11:33 AM
J-Lau a nickname that was given to him by his highschool friends. As for being injury prone, he was only injured in his fight against Manny. Don't call him injury prone because he was injured in one fight. GSP and other A-list fighters have had to pull out of fights because of injuries when Lauzon fought anyways.

I think he has a ways to go but he definitely has what it takes to at least earn a title shot, if not the title itself. I want to see the UFC pit him against one of their vets- not Pulver, as I think he's lost his edge- but someone like Spencer Fisher or even Kenny Florian so he can prove himself more.
I dnt care who gave it to him its beyond stupid. The division he's in i doubt he'll ever get a shot.

dagreat1
06-25-2007, 02:20 PM

A fight with Spencer or Kenny right now would be a decent test. As far as the UFC LW division though, there are a bunch of LW's that would hurt Lauzon, namely Din Thomas, Stevenson, Franca, Sherk and likely Guerta.

Melvin would be a good next fight for Lauzon.

In terms of LW's though, I think it's only a matter of time before ZUFFA gets Kid, JZ, Shoalin and moves Melendez over to the UFC. Then you have guys like Ishida, Gomi and Hansen, all of which are much better than Lauzon. LW is just too deep for Lauzon to ever become champion IMO, there is a very good chance he wil never even earn a title shot UNLESS he becomes a heavily marketable fighter in which case, I can guarantee that he will get at least a #1 contender fight.

leedogg900
06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
hes already a pretty marketable fighter

he ko'd former lightweight champ
and he was on tuf

numberonufcfan
06-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Ya, i have been watching this guy all season and most likely he will get a contract!

alright i love this guy i think hes a really good fighter and has a huge future in the ufc

he probabley will win

numberonufcfan
06-25-2007, 11:15 PM

he probabley will win

Ya, I have watched Joe all season and i'm pretty sure he will get a contract!

Gurry
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
i think joe REALLY needs to re-work his stand up, to me he looks timid to throw sometimes and isnt confident enough in it. Saying that, his ground game is excellent, he has good GNP and good sub defense and good jiu jitsu. However, as of rite now, he doesn't have the tools to make it to the top, if he began training full time then perhpas he could but for now, i seriously doubt it.

blah
07-02-2007, 09:58 PM
not me

nice try trying to discount everything. it wasn't some ross pointon shit that happened, lauzon faked the shot, landed the clinch, hit the punch. skill baby

dofking
07-02-2007, 10:17 PM
not me

http://files.myopera.com/drlaunch/albums/37656/lol-srsly001.jpg

jjqmkq
07-07-2007, 10:05 PM
He's good,...but he's no BJ,...and if BJ sticks around,...whcih he should,...he would get crushed. He is good,...but I still think he would have a tough time with Nate Diaz!

bdmikeyg
07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
If he can work on his ground game, he has a chance, but with all the strong westlers at 155 they will just take him down and draw out a dec.

Pythonfighter14
08-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Lauzon's young right now and will only get better with time. i can foresee him being a title contender and maybe eventually a champion , but for that he really has a long way to go.