PDA

View Full Version : Gray Maynard vs. Rob Emerson

TapOut10
06-24-2007, 10:46 AM
This fight was pretty dissapointing. For those who missed it.. . In round 2 Gray lifts Emerson in the air and slams him. Emerson who had a previous rib injury, couldnt deal with the pain and taped out, while Gray appeared to have knocked himself out(hitting his head when he landed on the takedown). The referee called the fight a no contest because neither fighter could continue. Gray protested and said he wasnt knocked out. I believe this was the right call.. considering it did appear that way. Id like to know your opinions on this and if there is an actual official rule in the ufc for situations like this.:confusedsmilie:

delirious0511
06-24-2007, 10:50 AM
after looking at it..its hard to say....cuz i meen gray was rocked.....but i dont think he was completely knocked cold....he still seemed to be moving....he just seemd dizzy...rocked basically...emerson tapped and the ref called it..that was the official ruling that gray had won....but the judges overturned it....he had every right to be upset and he shouldve punched emerson in the face after what he said....that was a dick move by emerson

bojado72
06-24-2007, 03:10 PM
after looking at it..its hard to say....cuz i meen gray was rocked.....but i dont think he was completely knocked cold....he still seemed to be moving....he just seemd dizzy...rocked basically...emerson tapped and the ref called it..that was the official ruling that gray had won....but the judges overturned it....he had every right to be upset and he shouldve punched emerson in the face after what he said....that was a dick move by emerson

I agree. The ref ended the fight after Emerson tapped out. Regardless what condition Gray was in, he won by tapout. But Rogan is correct that the NC means nothing and Gray probably made new fans because of it.

Unreal
06-24-2007, 03:31 PM
i think the whole NC thing wasnt that bad, the fight was good, and there will be a rematch 4 sure

sx66gns
06-24-2007, 04:02 PM
I can't stand Emerson , he's such a bitch.

rivethead
06-24-2007, 04:27 PM
you should put Spoiler in the title if you post anything referring to results within the first 24 hours of the fight.

I think it's the best thing to happen to both fighters.

It wasn't a great fight, and would have been pretty undistinguished. With a bit of controversy, the rematch will be more widely watched, and if they train hard and add more dimensions, will get more fans.

Emerson did tap, but Gray was out. KO'd in MMA isn't like in Boxing...you don't need to be completley stiff and unconscious, you can just be disoriented to the point of being unable to defend yourself.

If you expect great decisions from the UFC judges, I'd stock up on Prozac: you are in for many disappointments.

rh

AlCarey
06-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Gray dominated the fight. Rob didn't change his look from TUF where he lost to Corey Hill. Rob has no game, it takes more that muscles to win in the UFC. The win should have went to Gray. Heck didn't Matt Hughes win the title when he knocked himself out against Newton?

tmlfan
06-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Emerson did tap, but Gray was out. KO'd in MMA isn't like in Boxing...you don't need to be completley stiff and unconscious, you can just be disoriented to the point of being unable to defend yourself.

rh

haha ya, unable to defend against emersons feather taps

I think gray was out before the taps, but the ref clearly didnt see that and called the fight based on emersons taps

dan the man 67
06-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Was a strange ending to a fight.

I am not 100% sure he was out cold. After reviewing it a few times, never did his entire body go completely limp - he was either holding his head up, or his arm ever so slightly. There's no doubt he was rocked, but never out. I think he should have gotten the win.

Man, that punch to the ribs - loved the way his whole midsection just wobbled!

Steel
06-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Emerson tapped and although weak, Gray did not look totally out.

Glad to know Emerson "accepted the NC and did not view it as a win".

Moron. He needs to fight Wang.

jcflores
06-25-2007, 12:45 AM
My first reaction was this is BS, Gray won. But after watching it a couple of times I think it was the right decision. I hope when they make the rematch is on a UFN and not on PPV, I don't think those 2 ...well I mean Rob is ready for PPV, cause he is not that aggresive. He said this was a completly different Rob from what we saw on the show. Well If he meant having his head shaved then he's waisting our time. We all know Gray is going to pwned him next time.

thumper
06-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Yeah emerson and wang could spend 3 rounds running around slapping each other and screaming.

On the fight. I think it was a good call. The ref didn't see gray was out or he'd have called it anyway me thinks.

What did Emerson do that was shitty? I didnt notice it. I liked Emerson at the beginning of TUF 5 until I saw him fight. The bad part is he never improved.

Gray can be mad, and I probably would be too, but he was in a different area code, and shouldn't have gotten a win off that.

Again, what did Emerson do? I just can't think of anything except for him saying he felt Gray's dead weight on him, which totally makes sense.

Think he's kicking himself in the ass for not waiting 3 more seconds to tap :)

Edit: jcflores has bar none the funniest signature I've ever seen.

jcflores
06-25-2007, 04:23 AM
Edit: jcflores has bar none the funniest signature I've ever seen.

Hehehe...I feel popular today :afro:

scottsec
06-25-2007, 05:01 AM
Hehehe...I feel popular today :afro:
LOL that is phuckin priceless. What happened to that stupid mofo?

Kimuras"R"Us
06-25-2007, 05:46 AM
Yeah emerson and wang could spend 3 rounds running around slapping each other and screaming.

I don't want to see this because I have a gut feeling at the final bell they'll start making out... and then two weeks later that picture will end up as God's av after losing yet another bet to Thaistylist.

TapOut10
06-25-2007, 06:44 AM
My first reaction was this is BS, Gray won. But after watching it a couple of times I think it was the right decision. I hope when they make the rematch is on a UFN and not on PPV, I don't think those 2 ...well I mean Rob is ready for PPV, cause he is not that aggresive. He said this was a completly different Rob from what we saw on the show. Well If he meant having his head shaved then he's waisting our time. We all know Gray is going to pwned him next time.

HAHA i guess the shaved head was the new improvement
yea it was definatley BS it dissapointed me to because gray was my favorite fighter on the show and im prety sure he was not knocked out because he seemed to roll around a bit and stumble but he was definately rocked

leelandk
06-25-2007, 10:30 AM
HAHA i guess the shaved head was the new improvement
yea it was definatley BS it dissapointed me to because gray was my favorite fighter on the show and im prety sure he was not knocked out because he seemed to roll around a bit and stumble but he was definately rocked

I didn't think he was KO'ed out at first, but the replay showed him falling from his knees face first into Rob's crotch. If you can't even stay on your knees, and you fall face first without catching yourself (into another man's crotch no less), you are out for sure.

roanokeyankee
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
So is Gray or maybe Gay gonna cry after every fight, at the end of his loss to Nate he kept trying to run out of the ring because he didnt want to be shown crying on camera and ran straight to the bathroom, and he was crying at the end of the NC Saturday night. I lost respect for that guy when he kept saying over and over he wasnt out and that his arm was stuck under Robs body during the post fight inerview with Rogan and they repeatedly showed the clip and he kept denying it. He was a favorite for me on TUF, but now I think that he needs to man up and quit the crying.

Caine2878
06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
I think Gray should have gotten the win. The fight reminds me of the matt hughes Carlos Newton fight. Matt was being choked out and slammed newton to the canvas in the process matt was out he didn't even know what the hell happened when it was over but he got the win.

ukbuckeye
06-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Gray definitely screwed up, it doesn't take Joe Rogan and 20+ replays to prove it... it's just a pity that Gray can't accept it and has to try to BS instead. I lost a bit of respect for him after that, very disappointing.

By the way, the faceplant in jcflores' sig = classic! After Saturday night, I'll probably think of that as "doing a Maynard", lol!

TapOut10
06-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Gray definitely screwed up, it doesn't take Joe Rogan and 20+ replays to prove it... it's just a pity that Gray can't accept it and has to try to BS instead. I lost a bit of respect for him after that, very disappointing.

By the way, the faceplant in jcflores' sig = classic! After Saturday night, I'll probably think of that as "doing a Maynard", lol!

lmao "doing a maynard" yea well since he seemed to move around a bit after the slam im not going to say he was 100% out but theres really no why to tell for sure it could have gone either way and...the judges saw it as i a KO i guess

sandywh
06-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Why not call the fight a draw? Both fighters were unable to continue because of a legal blow. In most cases that would be a draw. A No Contest is typicaly reserved for a fighter catching an illegal blow. Then again Emerson did tap. My first reaction was remembering the Hughes / Newton fight that both fighters were done, but they gave the win to Hughes. So, if thats the benchmark, Maynard won the fight.