PDA

View Full Version : ***SPOILER*** Penn vs. Pulver

dan the man 67
06-24-2007, 06:08 PM
I am surprised not to see a thread on this yet!

Was a great fight to watch. BJ showed the world why he is one of the most skilled fighter in the world. BJ impresses the hell out of me. I never thought Jens had much of a chance to begin with.

I was especially pleased on how they acted after the end of the fight - it was very nice to see them bury the hatchet. Pulver could not have acted with any more class. I have an immense amount of respect for him after that. And BJ not talking much when Rogan when to interview him? Well, he was just being BJ. He's still awesome!

Is BJ planning on going back to 170 immediately? I would hope that since he is down to this weight class right now that he would at least go for a title shot, and then go back to WW. Which division do you guys think he looks better in? I like the way he looks as a LW (don't get me wrong, he's a great WW as well, he just looks slightly better as a LW).

tmlfan
06-24-2007, 06:33 PM
I somewhat enjoyed the fight, I was rooting for BJ, I like pulvers attitude and how he was so positive with his fighters, I just think BJ can be much more for MMA and the UFC. I never ever got the feeling Jens believed he would or could win this rematch, I am not sure what it was about his interviews. He said all the right things but I didnt buy it, I got the feeling he didnt completely believe in himself if that makes sense.

I just hope BJ completetly dedicates himself to being the best and we may see some great fights soon. He said also everyone has told him hes the best now its time to show it.

I also didnt buy all the hate and tension between the 2 fighters, maybe camera work and editing a little. I think Jens is a genuinely nice guy and if BJ would have squashed it, Jens would have been happy to also. But makes for a better storyline I guess.

rivethead
06-24-2007, 08:15 PM
There is a huge [35+ page] thread under the Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale Discussion that encompasses the whole card, including Penn/Pulver, the controversial call, whether Nate Diaz is a PR nightmare, and the importance of post-fight interviews.

http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=11016

I thought the fights were very good, considering how predictable the outcomes were.

BJ has said he probably won't fight more than 3 fights at LW. He has six or seven left on his contract, he couldn't remember.

rh

TapOut10
06-24-2007, 09:28 PM
it was a very good fight but i didnt see it going any other way. Bj needed this win espically against pulver, there was alot of smack talk to back up lol