PDA

View Full Version : Chagaev and Ibragimov set unify titles!

Salvy_Mic
06-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I just read it on espn.com, and in my excitement, I forgot to copy the link. Man, so much for the soft fights in their first defenses, huh? It's gonna be the first unification bout in heavyweight history that doesn't involve an American boxer, as well as the first unification bout to be held in Russia.

It should be a really even fight, about the only difference is that Ibragimov is older than Chagaev. Either way, the winner'll have serious leverage in negotiations with Klitschko, who'll surely go after the winner as soon as he takes care of business against Brewster. The heavyweight division might be in a slump, but this is something to get it kicking again.

Thaistylist
06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
It'll be nice if boxing can get some momentum going into the summer olympics in 2008. I have to think that there are alot of good boxers in the amateur ranks that will turn pro and inject new life into boxing after they get their medals.

SimpleJack
06-27-2007, 01:03 PM
There is always a wonderful influx of new fighters right after the olympics. I can't wait. I just hope there are some classy American fighters out there waiting in the wings.