PDA

View Full Version : Floyd ready to fight Hatton

billbrasky
06-27-2007, 07:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2918039

Well that didnt take long. If anyone really took floyd's retirement serious, it seems hes ready to come back to fight Ricky Hatton. Its a fight Id like to see. Two undefeated guys in their primes coming off big wins squaring off. this is what boxing needs more of. I think Mayweather could have a lot of trouble with Hattons physical nature and body punching.

Thaistylist
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
This fight would make me more excited than anything in the past year or two

Afro
06-27-2007, 08:57 PM
If Cotto doesnt fight winner, I dont care =/

rooseveltkennedy
06-27-2007, 09:34 PM
The funny thing about this matchup is them painting matweather as the bad guy,when Hatton has been running his mouth for a while about Mayweather

Thaistylist
06-27-2007, 10:01 PM
If Hatton didn't run his mouth PBF would never even look his way

Punk Ass
06-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Everybody is going to run their mouth now since that's the only way to get a fight with PBF lol.

This will be a great fight, but one that PBF will win easily. If Oscar can't hit him, Hatton just may get KOed. This is the type of fighter Floyd needs to look good. Hatton has no defence.

PBF by TKO 10rd.

BTW rep'd

Bullock
06-28-2007, 03:51 AM
Another fight that will get tons of hype but most likely fail to live up to it's potential.

PBF will prob win, but I will be rooting for Hatton.

Dork8503
06-28-2007, 04:18 AM
forget Hatton, Floyd should be losing to Shane

bradlee180
06-28-2007, 05:23 AM
mayweather ought to keep his word about retiring because most people have NO interest in watching him "fight" again (other than a handful of mayweather fans).

Hatton vs Cotto on the other hand guarantees fireworks and could sell out Yankee Stadium. About 11 thousand Brits flew across the ocean to watch Hatton fight last weekend. Cotto also has a huge fanbase. Cotto's last fight against Zab Judah was in New York, yet the NY fans were solidly behind Cotto from Puerto Rico, and NOT behind Judah who's from New York!

Afro
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
']Another fight that will get tons of hype but most likely fail to live up to it's potential.

PBF will prob win, but I will be rooting for Hatton.
I seriously doubt its gonna fail to live up to its potential, have you ever seen a boring fight from Hatton vs any Top contender? hes a swarmer, hes always movin foward, always punching, hes got great body punches too.. Hatton will make this fight exciting, PBF will win in boring fashion.

Thebestever
06-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Ive been following both PBF and Ricky Hatton's career and though I dont really like either guy, I'd prefer Floyd to win. I think Ricky is a dirty fighter with some power, and Floyd is the definition of the sweet science. I'd like to see Floyd bring this guy back to reality with a nice showing.

Salvy_Mic
06-29-2007, 05:01 AM
I hope Hatton kicks Mayweather's ass and forces him to fight Shane. In all honesty, this fight should have happened early last year before Floyd moved up to 147, but even still, they're still about the same size anyway. Hatton's pressure style is more than a good style matchup for Mayweather, Castillo nearly beat him with that same sort of gameplan a few years ago. Mayweather will need to stay on his toes at all times to avoid Hatton's body punching, and its not like Hatton's slow at all.

If it goes right for Hatton, this fight looks like Chavez/Camacho, where Chavez trapped the fleet-footed Camacho on the ropes the whole fight and worked body-head-body-head combinations the whole fight, outhustling Camacho's footwork by cutting off the ring. If it goes right for Mayweather, this fight looks like Whitaker/Chavez, where Whitaker was masterful at leading Chavez around the ring the whole night and nailing him with his fast hands and rapid 1-2s, as well as consistently outmaneauvering him. I think this fight falls somewhere in between, looking a bit like, ahem, Ali/Frazier I.

Punk Ass
06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I hope Hatton kicks Mayweather's ass and forces him to fight Shane. In all honesty, this fight should have happened early last year before Floyd moved up to 147, but even still, they're still about the same size anyway. Hatton's pressure style is more than a good style matchup for Mayweather, Castillo nearly beat him with that same sort of gameplan a few years ago. Mayweather will need to stay on his toes at all times to avoid Hatton's body punching, and its not like Hatton's slow at all.

If it goes right for Hatton, this fight looks like Chavez/Camacho, where Chavez trapped the fleet-footed Camacho on the ropes the whole fight and worked body-head-body-head combinations the whole fight, outhustling Camacho's footwork by cutting off the ring. If it goes right for Mayweather, this fight looks like Whitaker/Chavez, where Whitaker was masterful at leading Chavez around the ring the whole night and nailing him with his fast hands and rapid 1-2s, as well as consistently outmaneauvering him. I think this fight falls somewhere in between, looking a bit like, ahem, Ali/Frazier I.

I was thinking about all that but the thing is, Hatton doesn't block punches. PBF will plaster him explosive shot after shot, and you know as well as I do Hatton is no DLH. DLH has more speed, power, pressures really well, and much better defense, and it didn't work. Nothing Hatton can do will work and I predict PBF by TKO in the 10th, he's gonna get hit with a shot he doesn't see.

Caine2878
06-29-2007, 03:59 PM
I was thinking about all that but the thing is, Hatton doesn't block punches. PBF will plaster him explosive shot after shot, and you know as well as I do Hatton is no DLH. DLH has more speed, power, pressures really well, and much better defense, and it didn't work. Nothing Hatton can do will work and I predict PBF by TKO in the 10th, he's gonna get hit with a shot he doesn't see.

I have to agree wit harlem because DLH tried that pressure style and he couldn't land anything. Now do you seriously think Hatton will be able to land punches? In order for Hatton to land anything he will have to throw combo after combo and that's not what he is about he is a punch, punch, grab guy. That style would not work at all because the two punch he throws before he grabs will be blocked. And to the person that said the fight should be Hatton vs Cotto? Yeah that fight will sell tickets but that would be a completely one sided fight and would be over by round 5. Cotto would destroy hatton. The most intriguing fight out there is PBF vs SSM. That's the fight we need to see.

Afro
06-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Hatton will throw a helluva lot more punches then DLH did in his fight with PBF

Caine2878
06-29-2007, 06:16 PM

How when he grabs after every punch?

Punk Ass
06-29-2007, 06:23 PM

Which is the reason he'll get KOed. He's not going to be able to land anything and PBF will counter the shit out of him.

The only way to land a punch on PBF is against the ropes and DLH tried. He tried to pick his shots and cut him off, PBF just withstood the flurry with nothing solid landing and even caught DLH with a few great couter punches. Hatton has no defense and will get tatooed with power shots and be made to look stupid until he's KOed.

Not only that, but him and PBF are the same natural weight so PBF can definatelly knock him out. Look what he did to Gotti and Corrales. :confusedsmilie:

Afro
06-29-2007, 06:26 PM
How when he grabs after every punch?
Is that a serious question? lol, DLH only threw punches in bunches.. it wasnt typical DLH, Hatton will be typical Hatton and keep punching and swarming.. he will lose the fight, but by UD.. I dont think PBF will KO him.

Salvy_Mic
06-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Oscar isn't a pressure fighter, and try as he did on May 5, he didn't fight a real pressure fight. In fact, Oscar was doing better on the outside, ironically, when his jab was giving Floyd problems. And in the end, Oscar's an outside fighter anyway. He keeps guys on the end of his jab and can use his footwork and blocks punches with his gloves, although he is certainly capable of mixing it up on the inside.

Hatton, on the other hand, is at his best, a swarming, brawling pressure fighter, the sorts of fighters who have typically done best against Mayweather. Harlem, you said it yourself, the best way to beat Mayweather is to get him to the ropes and keep him there, which is exactly the way the fight would go if Hatton has his way. If Hatton gets stopped, its on a cut, not by any sort of fusilade of punches or by being hurt. As soon as Hatton gets inside, he needs to work the body like a madman to score points, and mix body-head combinations, which he can do.

If this fight goes down in November, the winner is probably the fighter of the year.

Battlecage Xtreme
07-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm not that impressed with Mayweather. I think Oscar won that last fight and I think Hatton should be able to put Mayweather down. Hatton applies great pressure and that should put Mayweather off his game.

stonedface
07-10-2007, 02:46 AM
mayweather always has the most boring fights he never goes for the knock out

Punk Ass
07-10-2007, 02:59 AM
mayweather always has the most boring fights he never goes for the knock out

Then you must not watch him fight much.

Punk Ass
07-10-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm not that impressed with Mayweather. I think Oscar won that last fight and I think Hatton should be able to put Mayweather down. Hatton applies great pressure and that should put Mayweather off his game.

:lmfao: You must not watch Mayweather fight much either. Simply put, PBF is gonna kill that man. Hatton in no way, shape, or form, poses the kind of problems DLH did. This will be a very easy fight for PBF.

stonedface
07-10-2007, 03:19 AM
i never said he would lose i just said he has boring fights and he couldnt knock out baldomar, judah, de la hoya, or castillo hagler would wipe his ass with floyd

Punk Ass
07-10-2007, 04:26 AM
i never said he would lose i just said he has boring fights and he couldnt knock out baldomar, judah, de la hoya, or castillo hagler would wipe his ass with floydWell when he was a light weight, he KOed everybody. It get harder to do, the more weight classes he goes up.

Hagler was way to slow to beat PBF also. He was a great fighter, but your not giving him enough credit. A focused PBF can't get beat by anyone that isn't just about as fast as he is.

Even Sugar Ray Lenard could be hit, PBF can't :confusedsmilie:

Thaistylist
07-10-2007, 04:49 AM
PBF is a much more skilled/athletic fighter than Hatton. Hatton may be able to frusterate PBF with clutching but i have a feeling the refs wont allow that much clinching in a fight this magnitude

leelandk
07-10-2007, 05:12 AM
Well when he was a light weight, he KOed everybody. It get harder to do, the more weight classes he goes up.

Hagler was way to slow to beat PBF also. He was a great fighter, but your not giving him enough credit. A focused PBF can't get beat by anyone that isn't just about as fast as he is.

Even Sugar Ray Lenard could be hit, PBF can't :confusedsmilie:

When Floyd loses, its not gonna be because he was outboxed. Its gonna be a brawler like Hatton that does it. I think his mauling style would give PBF fits. And I don't think you can compare what DLH did with Mayweather to Hatton's style. Hatton is gonna smother and bully PBF. Hatton is dirty too, pushing, using elbows & forearms. I think PBF would win, but its gonna be damned hard for him to look impressive doing it.

Punk Ass
07-10-2007, 05:19 AM
When Floyd loses, its not gonna be because he was outboxed. Its gonna be a brawler like Hatton that does it. I think his mauling style would give PBF fits. And I don't think you can compare what DLH did with Mayweather to Hatton's style. Hatton is gonna smother and bully PBF. Hatton is dirty too, pushing, using elbows & forearms. I think PBF would win, but its gonna be damned hard for him to look impressive doing it.

Accually you have that wrong. Boxing is the answer to slugging. Slugging, is the answer to other sluggers and Boxers who are not that fast, or not as good of reflexes.

Ya'll must have really forgot that De La Hoya is still one of the P4P best fighters in the world.

First of all, Oscar would KO Hatton with out a problem, Oscar couldn't beat PBF, what the hell do you think Hatton's going to do? PBF is 10 times better as an inside fighter. Ya'll should really look at more of his tapes. PBF can beat hatton at his own game and not get hit in the process.

Dude has the same style as James Toney except much faster.

Punk Ass
07-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Another thing. When PBF says Hatton is the worst boxer he's seen in 25 years, of course it's an exaggeration but a boxer can tell how skilled another boxer is compared to himself. He knows for a fact Hatton poses no problem at all. He's just a slugger with no defense.