PDA

View Full Version : Phil Baroni vs. Jeremy Horn

killerinstinct
07-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Who would win if these two combatants squared off?Horn is was better on the ground ,but Baroni is a decent wrestler so I doubt Horn could take him down.I see Horn weathering the storm early,baroni gassing and Horn winning via descion.If the fight ever hit the ground Horn by submission easily.

matto
07-25-2006, 03:25 AM
if the fight hits the ground horn easily submits him, but on the feet give a great advantage to baroni, horn wouldnt be doing any damage but he has excellent and i mean excellent striking defence, event if he doesnt have much of an offence, but if baroni catches him with one and rocks him, he is good at capitalizing and with his fast and powerful hands would ko him, thats a great fight i dont know y i ditn think of that.

AJL416AZ
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
horn is an excellent wrestler and submission man, but Baroni can murder him standing. against Chuck, Horn got dropped while looking for the takedown, and i see the same happening. While Baroni's sprawl isn't quite as good as Chuck's, Baroni has the wrestling experience and power to keep it standing long enough to catch him.

and if the fight happened now, i see Baroni winning, because he wouldn't be gassed at least for the first two rounds. after fighting in Pride's 10 minute rounds, i don't see him having too much of a problem making it through the first couple rounds at his normal pace.

killerinstinct
07-25-2006, 04:35 PM
horn isn't an excellent wrestler.His wrestling self admittedly sucks.

AJL416AZ
07-25-2006, 04:46 PM
might not be the dictionary translation, but as someone who never wrestled, i personally refer wrestling as any positioning work done on the ground, in any part of the roll, not just controlling someone from the top.

and while he tends to be on the bottom in most of the fight's i've seen him in, he doesn't do too badly in top position looking for submissions

doublea
07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Horn can take punishment standing up, later rounds he can work the fight to the ground one way or another; Horn via submission.

killerinstinct
07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
that's grappling not wrestling.Wrestling is the ability to sprawl and take people down and Horn isn't good at that.

ccl2087
07-25-2006, 04:53 PM
I see the fight going to the ground, in one way or another, and Horn winning by submission

AJL416AZ
07-25-2006, 05:05 PM
alright thanks for the clearing up of terms

i kind of always stereotyped things as wrestling when it happened on the ground. i always held grappling as something that doesn't particularly happen on the ground, for instance, the clinch can be considered grappling.