PDA

View Full Version : Rickson Gracie vs Matt Hughes

benalawson
07-25-2006, 01:23 AM
This is the Gracie they should have put in there. I say Gracie takes it

killerinstinct
07-25-2006, 01:37 AM
I like Rickson's chances a lot better than Royces,but Rickson is like 47 years old and hasn't fought in 6 years.If he could avoid being slammed into side controll and got Hughes in his guard he might have a chance to catch him in a submission ,but Hughes would probably beat him like his name was Royce.

matto
07-25-2006, 03:23 AM
isnt rickson pronounced like hickson? that is interesting, because he is probably the best gracie and the only gracie better then royce, he would have a better submissionists chance then royce did(as hard as that is to imaging) but i still thinks hughes would g and p him. but he had better be very coutious.

killerinstinct
07-25-2006, 04:08 AM
yeah it's pronounced like Hickson.

matto
07-25-2006, 06:25 AM
isnt hixon the best gracie and then royce? eaither way id take hughes, but both gracies had a good submissions chance.

killerinstinct
07-25-2006, 02:35 PM
isnt hixon the best gracie and then royce? eaither way id take hughes, but both gracies had a good submissions chance.
Yeah Rickson is a better Gracie than Royce.He's a 7 degree black belt and Royce is only a 5 degree black belt.Plus Rickson has fought in hundereds bjj competitions and is undefeated.He's also undefeated in mma finishing all his opponents by submission.

Intellectual
07-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Rickson has a great chance, but like Killer said the guy is old...but i dont think age should play a factor. Couture is pretty old but the guy can still take out most fighters today.

so im actually gonna go with Rickson on this. Royce did say that Rickson is 10x better than him.

WandAXE
07-26-2006, 04:47 AM
I like Rickson's chances a lot better than Royces,but Rickson is like 47 years old and hasn't fought in 6 years.If he could avoid being slammed into side controll and got Hughes in his guard he might have a chance to catch him in a submission ,but Hughes would probably beat him like his name was Royce.
He is actually like 50.

killerinstinct
07-26-2006, 04:53 AM
He is actually like 50.
sherdog says his Birth Date is 11/20/1958