PDA

View Full Version : Holyfield vs Saverese

Punk Ass
07-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Hell of a damn fight for any who havent seen it. I suggest checking it out if you can, Holtfield really looks like he doesn't need to retire.

Afro
07-01-2007, 08:07 PM
I was expecting him to stop Savarse though, but I didnt get to see the fight.. ya maybe Holyfield doesnt need to retire just yet though but damn I woulda been 10 x more impressive he scored a TKO.

Punk Ass
07-02-2007, 04:41 AM
I was expecting him to stop Savarse though, but I didnt get to see the fight.. ya maybe Holyfield doesnt need to retire just yet though but damn I woulda been 10 x more impressive he scored a TKO.

True, but for 44 years old, he was quite impressive. He just should shy away from fighting the best because he could get hurt.

Greenish
07-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm not really impressed by Holly, and I think he'll loose his next fight if he gets a title shot.

Hoosier Daddy
07-07-2007, 05:43 PM
They are showing this fight on Sat July 7th at 8 PM on ESPN Classic.

Stonyshakers
07-07-2007, 05:57 PM
i agree with greenish. I think that against one of the current heavyweight champs he'd more likely than not get punished but goddamn that was a hell of a knockdown he scored. I can't recall him droppin someone that bad even in his younger days. Alot of the media rips him for continuing this pursuit of glory because of the significant damage he's taken over the years and how it has already had an effect on his speech but if this is what he wants and what he loves doing then maybe he has no problem dying in that ring. I bet more people would dish out money to see him take one more crack at the title then watching the revolving door of european heavyweight champs we have now.

scottsec
07-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Holy should retire....those punches add up....life after boxing will suck if you dont know who you are...