PDA

View Full Version : reply feature

Mungo
07-04-2007, 07:26 AM
The last forum I was at we had a reply feature that was pretty handy. We didn't have to quote someone everytime we wanted to clarify who you were talkin to. It was pretty convenient.

Any chance for a reply feature?

Boo
07-04-2007, 08:28 AM
How is a reply feature different from the quote.

Mungo
07-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Simply click reply or quick reply and it displays at the top of your post the name of the person you're responding to.

Boo
07-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks, I haven't seen that on any of the forums I've been on.

Ubermensch
07-04-2007, 07:36 PM
The last forum I was at we had a reply feature that was pretty handy. We didn't have to quote someone everytime we wanted to clarify who you were talkin to. It was pretty convenient.

Any chance for a reply feature?
Dude check the bottom left hand corner of your page!!!:blink:

Mungo
07-05-2007, 03:17 AM
Not seein much in the bottom left corner mate.

Clint
07-05-2007, 05:14 AM
A feature like that has to be built in or theres no way for us to add it. As Admin I don't have as deep of access as I would actually like but it's all I can really get without server level access.

Mungo
07-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks, I haven't seen that on any of the forums I've been on.

www.shroomery.com

Boo
07-07-2007, 03:10 AM
www.shroomery.com
Wow, there truly is a forum for everything.

I did see what you were talking about. It quotes just the person's name and not their entire post. I didn't see where you actually clicked to get that though. Maybe cause I'm not a member.

Side benefit was it brought up some crazy fun memories I hadn't thought of in a long time.

Mungo
07-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Wow, there truly is a forum for everything.

I did see what you were talking about. It quotes just the person's name and not their entire post. I didn't see where you actually clicked to get that though. Maybe cause I'm not a member.

Side benefit was it brought up some crazy fun memories I hadn't thought of in a long time.

If you want to see how a message board should look thatz a prime example. And yes once you become a member that's when youll see where to click for the reply feature.

They recently added a point system where you can earn free supporter accounts, thats where you can customize your avatar and name color and other features that others can't (generally for a fee). Now that's something you guys might like. :grinsmile1:

They have a wide variety of sick, hilarious graemlins (you guys call em smilies) a marketplace where people can trade goods, mushroom spores, mushroom substrates, bongs, ect. They have so many features other message boards truly lack.

I liked it and all but there are some really disrespectful trolls there, something I never would have expected comming from a mushroom website.

Ubermensch
07-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Not seein much in the bottom left corner mate.

Looks like this

http://forums.mmanews.com/rogue/buttons/reply.gif

Boo
07-10-2007, 05:47 AM
What Mungo is talking about is different than the "Post Reply" button Uber.

It quotes the person's name that you are talking to, but not their entire post.

Mungo
07-10-2007, 12:01 PM
What Mungo is talking about is different than the "Post Reply" button Uber.

It quotes the person's name that you are talking to, but not their entire post.

You also don't have to load a whole to page to do so, hints the name quick reply.

What this place really needs is an upload feature for videos and music.

The vids and pictures forum desperately needs it, those upload websites suck!

Mungo
07-11-2007, 01:13 PM
What would help to expand server space?

More advertisments being clicked, more users?

Clint
07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
What would help to expand server space?

More advertisments being clicked, more users?
Indirectly both would help. The owners would have to upgrade the servers, which would require extra money.