PDA

View Full Version : Dhea

Submissionist
07-04-2007, 12:38 AM
are there any serious side effects like shrinking testicles or hair loss?

ChuckBooty
07-25-2007, 12:06 AM
are there any serious side effects like shrinking testicles or hair loss?

Not really at low doses...however it's not really all that effective as a stand-alone. DHEA is the only totally legal prohormone left on the market. I can recommend some better ones that are more effective and have less sides.

adonis
07-25-2007, 08:38 AM
DHEA when used by a mture adult (over 35 yers of age) can deliver good results. You can expect a loss of bodyfat, an increase n muscle mass, and an overall good sense of well-being.

There are "better" things available, but most do not have enough research to back their claims.

Clint
07-25-2007, 09:42 AM
How much does it cost and where would one get it? Order online I assume?

Also, I'm only 21 so would it be acceptable.?
One thing to watch with DHEA is that it is a precurser to many hormones so it will typically get converted into what you are most lacking (which as a male under 35 is very typically estrogen.

Clint
07-25-2007, 11:08 AM
So I'll grow Titties and get emotional and shit.lol

No Thanks.
I doubt it would get that far before it would start to turn into test to offset the estrogen but overall it wouldn't be very efficient.

The best choices I have heard of are:
Halo Test Depot (http://www.get-huge.net/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=ELPHHTD-07)
Novadex XT (http://www.bestpricenutrition.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=481)

I doubt those are the best prices, they were just teh first sites to show up in a search.

adonis
07-25-2007, 04:44 PM
The only Test booster I would recomend is from Ergopharm called 6-Oxo.

The science is perfect, and backed up by many people in the industry who perfromed their own unbiased tests on the product.

Personally I used it with great success and no sides. Well, I had a raging hard on for 23 1/2 hours each day! And when it cmes down to the business your going to be making a rather large mess...

It's fairly cheap to run for 8-12 weeks, followed by an equal time off. It can be purchased at most health food stores, and online of course.

I saw better results when I added in some tribulus testeris at 1000mg e/d (500mg am/pm), which can be added for as little as $20.

DHEA is not recomended for someone under 35, with the 30's-40's being average user age; though I would venture to say the 50+ crowd would derrive more benefits from it.

Clint
07-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Ah shit, I dunno how I forgot 6-oxo as one of the ones I've heard good results from.

dudefella
07-31-2007, 12:41 AM
Sigh. "Test boosters" / prohormones are very liver toxic, and provide minimal gains. With most of those products, you won't see any kind of results that will justify the money you've spent unless you're 30+ and your testosterone production has already slowed down. You need to understand that most of these "designer steroids" are far worse for you than a lot of the real (and far more effective) injectibles. If you're looking to try the "enhanced" route, I suggest researching real steroids; you'll actually get good gains for your money, and if you stear clear of orals like Dbol, won't affect your health very much, provided you run a proper PCT. Bodybuilding.com forums are probably the best place to start; the stickies in the Steroid section will answer almost all questions you may have, and the rest can probably be found with a search.

NOW, if you insist on going the 'legal' prohormone route, here's what I recommend running:
Liquid Masterdrol (LG Sciences)
Methyl 1-D (LG Sciences)
Optional: IGF-1 (LG Sciences)
Formadrol Extreme (LG Sciences) for PCT --post cycle therapy

I broke my leg shortly after my first cycle of dbol/test-250, so obviously I lost all my gains while I was on the shelf, and decided to give that stack a try last January. It was fairly effective, and provided great strength gains (if that's what you're after, just run Liquid Masterdrol), helped me put on a little mass, and didn't have and noticeable sides. When all was said and done, I think I put on 8lb during the cycle, and had a decent increase in strength; more than I could have achieved through just diet and training. All mass gains I had were probably due to bumping my caloric intake up to 6000.

That said, I don't plan on running another prohormone cycle. Ever. For roughly the same amount of money, I can get roughly 400-500% better gains, and the stuff I would take to do that would NOT be as hard on my body as LEGAL prohormones! I'm not saying they're a good idea, but someone needs to give the facts-- there's too much misinformation regarding steroids out there.

You really need to do some serious research before you even consider chemically altering your hormone levels. It's a very sensitive system, and you don't want to fuck with it unless you know exactly what you're doing. In any case, PROHORMONES/STEROIDS SHOULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, BE USED BY ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21. I'll go in-depth on this if need be, but suffice it to say, the stuff is BAD FOR YOU when your body isn't fully developed (yes, you may be finished growing, but that doesn't mean shit).

One more thing. Before you go anywhere near any of this stuff, simply try bumping your daily calories up to 6000-7000 (CLEAN, not dirty calories--no fast food, greasy shit etc), and get 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. You will grow if your training is in check. Also, if you can't get your diet up to par, PH/roids will be a gigantic waste of money. Food is far more anabolic than any chemicals you can put in your body.

/end rant

ChuckBooty
07-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Sigh. "Test boosters" / prohormones are very liver toxic, and provide minimal gains. With most of those products, you won't see any kind of results that will justify the money you've spent unless you're 30+ and your testosterone production has already slowed down. You need to understand that most of these "designer steroids" are far worse for you than a lot of the real (and far more effective) injectibles. If you're looking to try the "enhanced" route, I suggest researching real steroids; you'll actually get good gains for your money, and if you stear clear of orals like Dbol, won't affect your health very much, provided you run a proper PCT. Bodybuilding.com forums are probably the best place to start; the stickies in the Steroid section will answer almost all questions you may have, and the rest can probably be found with a search.

NOW, if you insist on going the 'legal' prohormone route, here's what I recommend running:
Liquid Masterdrol (LG Sciences)
Methyl 1-D (LG Sciences)
Optional: IGF-1 (LG Sciences)
Formadrol Extreme (LG Sciences) for PCT --post cycle therapy

I broke my leg shortly after my first cycle of dbol/test-250, so obviously I lost all my gains while I was on the shelf, and decided to give that stack a try last January. It was fairly effective, and provided great strength gains (if that's what you're after, just run Liquid Masterdrol), helped me put on a little mass, and didn't have and noticeable sides. When all was said and done, I think I put on 8lb during the cycle, and had a decent increase in strength; more than I could have achieved through just diet and training. All mass gains I had were probably due to bumping my caloric intake up to 6000.

That said, I don't plan on running another prohormone cycle. Ever. For roughly the same amount of money, I can get roughly 400-500% better gains, and the stuff I would take to do that would NOT be as hard on my body as LEGAL prohormones! I'm not saying they're a good idea, but someone needs to give the facts-- there's too much misinformation regarding steroids out there.

You really need to do some serious research before you even consider chemically altering your hormone levels. It's a very sensitive system, and you don't want to fuck with it unless you know exactly what you're doing. In any case, PROHORMONES/STEROIDS SHOULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, BE USED BY ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21. I'll go in-depth on this if need be, but suffice it to say, the stuff is BAD FOR YOU when your body isn't fully developed (yes, you may be finished growing, but that doesn't mean shit).

One more thing. Before you go anywhere near any of this stuff, simply try bumping your daily calories up to 6000-7000 (CLEAN, not dirty calories--no fast food, greasy shit etc), and get 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. You will grow if your training is in check. Also, if you can't get your diet up to par, PH/roids will be a gigantic waste of money. Food is far more anabolic than any chemicals you can put in your body.

/end rant

I agree with most of what you say here. However, you can't lump Test-Booster is the same category as pro hormones. They are two different things (many can be 'pulsed' at the same time though).

There are many oral pro hormones that are VERY effective. Most people who aren't going to compete in body building competitions have no real need for an injectable steroid. MOST people (especially on this board) would benefit from a simple six-week pulse cycle of something like Epistane or even Superdrol, and still get the gains that they are looking for.

Most people have no need to inject Sust-250 in a straight cycle. The average guy doesn't wanna look like one of those veiny, tan monsters on the cover of Flex...most guys just wanna tighten up, have some great gains, and just look good. This makes 'pulsing' a PH a very good, safe, and effective option.

dudefella
07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree with most of what you say here. However, you can't lump Test-Booster is the same category as pro hormones. They are two different things (many can be 'pulsed' at the same time though).

There are many oral pro hormones that are VERY effective. Most people who aren't going to compete in body building competitions have no real need for an injectable steroid. MOST people (especially on this board) would benefit from a simple six-week pulse cycle of something like Epistane or even Superdrol, and still get the gains that they are looking for.

Most people have no need to inject Sust-250 in a straight cycle. The average guy doesn't wanna look like one of those veiny, tan monsters on the cover of Flex...most guys just wanna tighten up, have some great gains, and just look good. This makes 'pulsing' a PH a very good, safe, and effective option.
I agree, with the exception of Superdrol. That's nasty shit. Incredibly hard on your body. Good gains, but not worth it imo. One cycle on injectibles won't turn you in to a monster. With the average 'dedicated' person's diet/training, they'll put on ~20-25lb their first cycle, and will probably only keep 15lb of that. This is assuming they're not going all-out with a monster stack, in high doses (only an idiot would do this on their first cycle). My next cycle will probably put me around 215lb at 6'1, and I still won't be a 'veiny tan monster' lol ;)