PDA

View Full Version : Frank Shamrock VS Matt Hughes

munselln8
07-26-2006, 05:32 PM
I have to say... Although Frank has not been competing as much as he did 5-6 yrs ago. This has to be my biggest dream match. Franks strength and endurance are both a match for Hughes (where most competitors don't). Also, Where Matt is able to completely dominate most of his opponents on the ground, I dodn't think this would be the case with Frank. Matt could probably get the takedown when he wanted it but with Frank's "Submission from any position" approach I think it would be dangerous to be on the ground with him. Lastly, I think it safe to say Frank's stand-up is superior between the two.

BigJoe111
07-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Could Frank make weight or woulod Matt have to go up, if Frank was in fighting condition and had a few tune up fights he and Matt could provide the best fight any of us have seen in a long time. I think that Matt would ground and pound his way to a five round decision, but only after taking some heavy punishment in the middle rounds

ccl2087
07-27-2006, 04:06 AM
I have to say... Although Frank has not been competing as much as he did 5-6 yrs ago. This has to be my biggest dream match. Franks strength and endurance are both a match for Hughes (where most competitors don't). Also, Where Matt is able to completely dominate most of his opponents on the ground, I dodn't think this would be the case with Frank. Matt could probably get the takedown when he wanted it but with Frank's "Submission from any position" approach I think it would be dangerous to be on the ground with him. Lastly, I think it safe to say Frank's stand-up is superior between the two.
Everyone said Royce's submissions would force Matt to stand-up, but that fight went to the ground and Matt almost submitted Royce and in the end he got the TKO while mounted on Royce's back. So, I could see Matt performing similarly against Frank

matto
07-27-2006, 09:11 AM
frank in his prime vs. matt hughes,(weight aside) frank would smoke him, just like the randy vs. huges, chuck vs. hughes, and tito vs. hughes. STOP MAKING THESE LAME fight with matt fighting a guy a lot bigger. in those fights matt would throw his strength advantage out the window and wouldnt be able to dominat g and p. HE WOULD lose, if ur ganna make a dream match with matt hughes atleast make his opponent at middleweight at the maximum, he couldnt beat any top lhw.

ccl2087
07-27-2006, 01:32 PM
frank in his prime vs. matt hughes,(weight aside) frank would smoke him, just like the randy vs. huges, chuck vs. hughes, and tito vs. hughes. STOP MAKING THESE LAME fight with matt fighting a guy a lot bigger. in those fights matt would throw his strength advantage out the window and wouldnt be able to dominat g and p. HE WOULD lose, if ur ganna make a dream match with matt hughes atleast make his opponent at middleweight at the maximum, he couldnt beat any top lhw.
Frank normally faught at Middleweight

doublea
07-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Middleweight then is Light Heavyweight now.

ccl2087
07-27-2006, 11:22 PM
i forgot about that... but anyways he's listed at 185 on sherdog

killerinstinct
07-27-2006, 11:36 PM
yeah ,but he was a small LHW(MW than I believe it was 200 max weight and not a 205 max weight than also)and only fought at LHW b/c there wasn't a MW division.He fights at MW now anyways.He may have a size advantage over Hughes ,but not a strength advantage.He has a chance to catch him in a sub ,but I say Hughes by domination.Frank was a really good well rounded fighter with good conditioning though ,but I'd still say Hughes by domination.