PDA

View Full Version : Cleanest sport

kalebarker
07-07-2007, 11:37 AM
What is the cleanest contact or combat sport.

I'm going with Hockey based on the biased canadian sports media influence on me and the lack of drug testing in the NHL.

Afro
07-07-2007, 05:16 PM
The NBA

Thaistylist
07-07-2007, 08:49 PM

I'm going with Hockey based on the biased canadian sports media influence on me and the lack of drug testing in the NHL.

Obv. hockey is the cleanest contact sport. You can't have dirt on the ice. Even NBA has dust on the floor.

But seriously I think the NHL is the cleanest, I believe some players smoke pot and a couple do coke but I can't see many doing steroids. NBA basketball can be physical but is it considered a contact sport?

scottsec
07-07-2007, 09:26 PM
It aint wrasslin....:grinsmile1:

worob
07-07-2007, 09:46 PM
It aint wrasslin....:grinsmile1:

lol They are all roid monsters.

vince is so screwed.

TheBonger
07-07-2007, 10:15 PM

wouldn't the lack of drug testing in the NHL encourage drug use ala MLB, im just saying NHL players make alot of money too and if they can gain that advantage without any fear of repercussions, why wouldn't they do it?

jesusatemyhotdog
07-07-2007, 10:38 PM
wouldn't the lack of drug testing in the NHL encourage drug use ala MLB, im just saying NHL players make alot of money too and if they can gain that advantage without any fear of repercussions, why wouldn't they do it?

The main performance enhancer used by hockey players are stimulants. I used to play Junior hockey (similar to varsity level football) and at the time everyone was using ephedrine. The benefits of steroids would be restricted to the off season.

TheBonger
07-08-2007, 12:08 AM
The main performance enhancer used by hockey players are stimulants. I used to play Junior hockey (similar to varsity level football) and at the time everyone was using ephedrine. The benefits of steroids would be restricted to the off season.

that makes sense. Even if the benefit is restrict to the offseason that is still a big advantage, also which ever the ones that help you heal faster wouldnt they help during the season to recover from the wear and tear?

jesusatemyhotdog
07-08-2007, 12:17 AM
that makes sense. Even if the benefit is restrict to the offseason that is still a big advantage, also which ever the ones that help you heal faster wouldnt they help during the season to recover from the wear and tear?

I am not an expert on steroids, but I personally have trained with many high caliber hockey players in the summer, including a few NHLers. My younger brother also played pro in the States and Europe. I can personally say that I am aware of only three guys who took roids and they were all fighters. My brother also said that he only knew of fighters juicing. During the season there is very limited weight training. Most of the workouts are plyometrics and cardio during the season.

I may be mistaken here, but without consistent weight training, steroids would be more of a detriment than a benefit; throughout the season at least.

kalebarker
07-08-2007, 12:35 AM
A lot of pain killers too but that makes sense Hockey is the most physically draining sport. I know you could argue a football game is harder but theres only 16 of them (i think). On another note NBA is not a contact sport you get fouled for making contact.

dofking
07-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Rugby

Gmunit
07-12-2007, 06:03 PM
i was gonna say swimming...til you added "combat" sport

Warchief
07-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Olympic Judo Competition and Muaythai Competition in Thailand.

Metalhead
07-12-2007, 07:33 PM
In the NHL a lot of players take pain killers. Not hard core shit, but to play that many games so closely together you have guys taking stuff. However, they are pretty clean as the top players do go to the Olympics.

strife
07-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Definately cup stacking.

oscar
07-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Tennis I think is the most cleanest sport of them all.

sandywh
07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
NASCAR - tons of alcohol, but very little drug usage. Those guys have every dollar riding on their public images.

thumper
07-15-2007, 06:21 PM
In the NHL a lot of players take pain killers. Not hard core shit, but to play that many games so closely together you have guys taking stuff. However, they are pretty clean as the top players do go to the Olympics.

The olympics makes it a clean sport?

FYI the NBA has an olympic team too.

Metalhead
07-16-2007, 07:22 PM
The olympics makes it a clean sport?

FYI the NBA has an olympic team too.

If you take drugs and win Olympic gold, you're team losess the medal. Is that worth not being clean?

Warchief
07-16-2007, 07:32 PM
I will add Cricket.