PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on hanging and securing a heavy bag in an apartment.

JMH
07-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Bought the damn thing and even one of those swivel mounts that's supposed to mount on the wall w/ bolts into the studs, but I'm living in a duplex and the bag itself weighs 100 lbs. not counting the mounting kit that's got some good weight on it, also not counting the fact that I'd be punching and kicking this thing which can't be good for these cheap ass walls.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance, I'd like to get back in shape.

Thaistylist
07-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Mine is hanging from the main beam of my house. I dunno if that is possible where you live but it works.

matto
07-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Bought the damn thing and even one of those swivel mounts that's supposed to mount on the wall w/ bolts into the studs, but I'm living in a duplex and the bag itself weighs 100 lbs. not counting the mounting kit that's got some good weight on it, also not counting the fact that I'd be punching and kicking this thing which can't be good for these cheap ass walls.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance, I'd like to get back in shape.

agree with sundance, get it at like dunhams or dicks. it holds it good and i tried hanging it in my basement and it fell and put a huge hole in the celing, i bet the owners of the appartment wouldnt like that. but if you have a garage that would be a great place to hang it.