PDA

View Full Version : Vargas-Mayorga Brawl!

JimmyMoore
07-12-2007, 04:08 AM
A press conference to announce the showdown between Fernando Vargas and Ricardo Mayorga erupted in violence today at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA. Don King and Kathy Duva of Main Events were present to announce the bout, which will headline a stellar card that is set to take place on Saturday, September 8th. After both spoke about the anticipation about the bout, which will be held at a catch-weight of 162 pounds, Mayorga took to the dais and began to rant about Vargas being past his prime and how he would knock him out. Mayorga then went on to say he is doing a favor to Vargas' family by sending Vargas into retirement, which prompted Vargas to stand up. Despite Duva sitting between the two, Mayorga proceeded to smack Vargas across the face, which led to Vargas throwing and landing two right hands to the head. Numerous people rushed the stage in the chaotic brawl that saw Mayorga cut on the cheek and Vargas with a cut on his hand. Both fighters screamed towards one another until Mayorga was led to another room. Vargas has stated that this will be the final bout of his professional career, regardless of the outcome. Mayorga stated that after he defeats Vargas, he will drop down to welterweight and challenge any of the titleholders in that division. (More to come)

Man.. You knew you couldnt get these two together without them acting complete asses. Should be an interesting fight.

Punk Ass
07-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Man.. You knew you couldnt get these two together without them acting complete asses. Should be an interesting fight.

Accually, I've met Vargas before here in NYC, he seemed like a pretty cool guy, but, they both have short fuses, especially Mayorga.

Anywayz, this fight is going to be a war that can only end in KO. Since Mayorga is coming up so much in weight I would say Vargas will probably win, but this is definatly fight of the year candidate. Both fighter don't know the meaning of Back up, win or lose.

whatsreallygood
07-13-2007, 12:48 AM
it's going to definitely be an entertaining fight... I can see Vargas knocking him out in the middle rounds because Mayorga leaves himself way too open to not catch a shot from a power puncher like Vargas.

error2k5
07-13-2007, 05:25 AM
I think they may have staged this, just a little bit though, to try and help sell this fight.

Thaistylist
07-13-2007, 05:44 AM
I dunno Mayorga got dotted in the forehead

error2k5
07-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Whenever I compare to when tyson and lewis did this, they were swinging for the fences, tyson even bit somebody...but then again that's mike. These guys didn't seem like they were literally swinging to put eachother down.

oscar
07-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I think these fight will dissapoint a lot of fans,but my preddiction is that Mayorga will win the fight.

What about a Mayorga vs Cotto fight???

Punk Ass
07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I think these fight will dissapoint a lot of fans,but my preddiction is that Mayorga will win the fight.

What about a Mayorga vs Cotto fight???

Disapoint how? Do you think they're going to try and outbox each other? :blink:

jesusatemyhotdog
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Any video available?

Severn
07-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't care for either guy. Vargas is a big mouth and Mayorga is an even bigger mouth who makes Nicaraguan's look like idiots. I'm glad Oscar beat both their asses and boy did Oscar make me money (especially on the Vargas fight).

Severn
07-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Here's the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfCv4PzsX10

Salvy_Mic
07-14-2007, 06:26 AM
As soon as Oscar beat Mayorga last year, I kept saying to all my boxing buddies (not on this board) that Vargas/Mayorga would eventually be made. Serious, I would have paid just for all the pre-fight stuff that's bound to happen with these two jackasses. I don't care for either one, but since Mayorga makes Central Americans look bad (I'm Salvadoran....obviously), then I guess I'd prefer to see Vargas come out on top. Besides, Mayorga's a lot smaller than Vargas. Should be an entertaining brawl though, and don't expect any sort of post-match respect either, unless one of them beats the other up badly. The way Oscar beat down Mayorga actually, did you see Mayorga apologize to Oscar and kiss his ass after Oscar KO'd him?

Severn
07-17-2007, 03:16 AM
As soon as Oscar beat Mayorga last year, I kept saying to all my boxing buddies (not on this board) that Vargas/Mayorga would eventually be made. Serious, I would have paid just for all the pre-fight stuff that's bound to happen with these two jackasses. I don't care for either one, but since Mayorga makes Central Americans look bad (I'm Salvadoran....obviously), then I guess I'd prefer to see Vargas come out on top. Besides, Mayorga's a lot smaller than Vargas. Should be an entertaining brawl though, and don't expect any sort of post-match respect either, unless one of them beats the other up badly. The way Oscar beat down Mayorga actually, did you see Mayorga apologize to Oscar and kiss his ass after Oscar KO'd him?

Yeah I saw that shit. Whatever, loser. Ricardo was lucky to even be in the same ring as Oscar (same with Vargas. And unless my memory is crap, Vargas got busted for roids after his KO loss to Oscar).

matto
07-17-2007, 03:53 AM
very hard to call, both great but wouldnt be able to get passed fighters, like dlh, mayweather, and shane mosley. they are both nuts and seem over confident a lot.

bugsy n
07-21-2007, 10:39 AM
to bad vargas have no chin cuz mayorga can dawm sure take punch and give some hard one

Salvy_Mic
07-21-2007, 06:08 PM
to bad vargas have no chin cuz mayorga can dawm sure take punch and give some hard one
Not at middleweight, though. He didn't carry a lot of his power up to 154 and the one time he fought at 160, he couldn't hurt Trinidad at all, who's chin isn't that great either. But Mayorga's chin is solid (cracked as it was by Oscar and Tito), whereas Vargas has never had much of a chin (cracked, once again, by Oscar, Tito, and Sugar Shane).